CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

Well I'll be dammed. The black shirt on black pants fooled me something good didn't it? So is that a new template then?

As far as I can tell, it is the exact same design. Just the jersey material and cut are different.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll be dammed. The black shirt on black pants fooled me something good didn't it? So is that a new template then?

i'm pretty sure its just a flyers template. it sure as hell aint the stupid calgary template that the use for their home and roads.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

And here are the Mooseheads "new" thirds: http://www.flickr.com/photos/riclaf/sets/72157625076665372/with/5042776449/

5042776873_9a8b61d47a_m.jpg

Well, it's no different at all than their previous thirds, except the Edge template doesn't allow the stripes to go all the way around the shoulders so it looks a lot more like a football jersey. The blackness of the jersey makes it almost impossible to determine what team's template they're using, though fortunately I'll be in Halifax next weekend and will probably make a trip down to the Metro Centre and check it for myself (which thankfully is just a 5 minute walk from my brother's apartment).

And Ricky_Roby, your Wildcats rendering is missing the white stripe that goes between the yellow arms and red cuff on the sleeves, but is otherwise accurate looking.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

And Ricky_Roby, your Wildcats rendering is missing the white stripe that goes between the yellow arms and red cuff on the sleeves, but is otherwise accurate looking.

That's actually the one on the site, I was pointing out the missing white stripe - and the missing shoulder patch. That photo is from wednesday's game, the first time they wore the jersey on the ice.

That's actually the one on the site, I was pointing out the missing white stripe - and the missing shoulder patch. That photo is from wednesday's game, the first time they wore the jersey on the ice.

I made the one on the site up from the promo photo from the summer. I still don't know what the names look like, but I will be fixing the missing white part and shoulder patches ASAP (a little hungover from the wedding last night, might not even happen today...)

Man, I thought the 'Canes were pretty Washington already...and is that an anniversary patch I see on the shoulder?

Rog, thanks for the link. The red on black is difficult to see, so it's good to have some photos that make it clearer. I have no idea either what the template is..if you see something, let us know!

EDIT: fixed the Moncton jersey (still no name) and added calgary

They teased it two years ago, and here they are at last!

Rakellgreen_1001102156.JPG

It's the blue template recoloured with triple layer numbers

Their old one was so much better. One of the few OHL authentics I've been able to find and I own it.

I think Plymouth really lost their (borrowed) identity when the Edge jerseys came along. They could have done exactly what Seattle did and kept their classic looking uniforms but they went way off the grid instead.

Having said all that, I hope that that green jersey makes it to the Thunderbirds sometime soon.

I'd love to see the T-birds do another alternate. They've had so many over the years, it's be odd to not see them have them again.

I've updated the first post with the jersey tally. 30 of teh 60 CHL clubs are going with alternates, and there are many Q teams that I have no idea what they are doing (they're not exactly jumping on the network bandwagon)

I found some better pictures of the PEI Rocket alternates, they are the Ducks jerseys recoloured, with their regular font, and the four layered PEI on the front, with no arch (plus front number)

I'm going to make zer0dotcom update the new Wildcats alt so much it's going to get updated out of existence... tongue.gif

Clear shot of the back - with the claw marks:

macausland.jpg

Those damn clawmarks! I haven't had so much trouble with any other team as I've had with those damn claws!

ahem...thanks for the photo. It will help tremendously finish up the jersey. Is the name double or triple layer? It looks double to me, but I may be missing the thin golden layer as well.

My home network is down currently. I have the Halifax black sweaters, and Vancouver's black sweater to upload. When i was checking out the Giants new black all, it appeared they had their ten year logo placed where the NHL shield would go on the collar. I'm looking for a better shot of it, but if true, it would be the first time any of the 60 teams has used that space for anything.

If you look at the photo titled "Giant's long weekend, you can see there is definately something on that collar! http://vancouvergiants.com/main/index

Not a huge update, but the Lewiston Maineiacs unveiled their new "Pink in the Rink" jerseys. They are slightly different from last year's - the main logo was still blue and the stick was pink - now the body is pink and the stick retains its normal colour.

lewiston_pink1.jpg

lewiston_pink2.jpg

I think it looks much better this way. It's silly to say, but the old one didn't have enough pink...

Here is last year's jersey, for reference:

IMG_2591.jpg

Sudbury has announced a third jersey to be unvieled tonight, sporting a new logo and 'aggressive' design:

http://www.sudburywo...rsey-on-its-way

Also, Spokane is set to debut their third tonight as well.

Swift Current has announced they will unveil their third jersey on October 16th

http://www.scbroncos.com/article/new-third-jersey-to-be-unveiled

Fan at Spokane game with a couple of details: It's a dark blue jersey with the same "S" logo on the front.

Edit: Blurry picture of Spokane alt jersey from the arena:

chiefsalt.jpg

Sudbury's alt is the same template of their other jerseys but black. It has a wolf head logo on it reminiscent of the Coyotes logo. Slideshow from tonight's game is here:

http://www.thesudbur...aspx?e=2793081#

Hey check this out,

ept_sports_juniorhockey_experts-959115981-1277924966.jpg?ymmpSYDDZYWVPSm4

This is a pic of Ryan Ellis, in what appears to be an alternate jersey for the spits.

Another one? they've already brought back the cream W jersey. This one looks like a Mickey Renauld tribute jersey. They have the alternate logo as the crest, and his number on the front.

Archived