CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

New Oil Kings alts:

68968_160718897283798_143258605696494_413123_5365043_n.jpg

They look good. I can't figure out the purpose of the white band on them...like, what the hell? I'm assuming the nameplates are single colour on these for whatever reason...

Something I noticed, on the Lethbridge webpage, they have a photo of the Hurricanes in their blue jerseys, with numbers o the front:

http://www.lethbridg...use-is-a-rockin

it seems however it is only for that game...why put numbers on the fron of your uniforms for a single game?

EDIT: from looking at other webpages, it appears this is now a regular thing for the team, making them the first team to make changes to their uniforms since the CHL started with the Edge system

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so you see the Screaming Eagles posting this picture on their website:

third-jersey-news3519.jpg

...and you'd think yellow would have some sort of prominence in the jersey...

Apparently not...

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTcuanBn.jpg

This is Screech the mascot wearing the third jersey. A friend of mine took at the game and sent it to me. Along with some other really tiny photos of the players in action.

Anyways, I've started making the jersey here:

eagles3rd.png

That is a brand spanking new logo on the front. The shoulder logos are actually of the full-bodied eagle that is seen in the primary logo, only without the words "CAPE BRETON SCREAMING EAGLES over it and a white outline. The beak and talons of the eagle on the shoulders is the only appearance of yellow in the entire jersey.

I love that new script logo, but I find the jersey to be.....meh.

EDIT: The Screaming Eagles released their own rendering of the jersey here:

66549_449720514845_24638829845_4978710_8015740_n.jpg

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The teams that are currently wearing commemerative jerseys this year:

Kelowna- Pink in the rink

Plymouth- Pink in the rink

Saginaw- Pink in the rink

Everett- Pink in the rink

Regina- Pink in the rink

Lewiston- Pink in the rink

Kitchener- Rememberence day

Halifax- Pink in the rink

Are there any others that I'm missing?

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles will also be doing "Pink in the rink" on October 29th against the Gatineau Olympiques.

The PEI Rocket will also be donning pink jerseys against the Halifax Mooseheads on Oct. 29th (source)

EDIT: Saint John Sea Dogs will also be taking part, wearing pink at home versus Rouyn-Noranda on Oct. 16th. (source)

EDIT #2: Moncton Wildcats also participating with two home games on Oct. 15th (vs. Victoriaville) and Oct. 17 (vs. Cape Breton) (source)

EDIT #3: Rimouski also taking part (Oct. 22 vs. Drummondville & 24 vs. Victoriaville) (source)

EDIT #4: Baie-Comeau Drakkar as well, Oct. 29th vs. Montreal! (source)

Saginaw- Throwback Jerseys http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/spirit-host-throwback-night-in-tribute-to-saginaw-gears

EDIT: Erie- United Way

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Saginaw Spirit

October 23 is "Saginaw Gears Throwback Night", as the Saginaw Spirit will wear throwback Saginaw Gears jerseys, welcome back several ex-Gears players and raise a commemorative banner for that team.

Long overdue. Granted, I never saw the original Gears play (they folded in 1983, I was born in 1982), but I was hoping the Spirit would do something like this. I went to "Gears Reunion Night" back in 1998, and if a third-rate, near bankrupt franchise like the Saginaw Lumber Kings could do something that classy, then a first-class organization like the Spirit can do it too.

The Lumber Kings wore white jerseys with teal and tangerine stripes for Gears Reunion Weekend, so I hope the Spirit don this gaudy orange jersey. B):D

Edit: Just noticed chrysleraspen08 mentioned that. It's been a long day. :wacko:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Something I noticed, on the Lethbridge webpage, they have a photo of the Hurricanes in their blue jerseys, with numbers o the front:

http://www.lethbridg...use-is-a-rockin

it seems however it is only for that game...why put numbers on the fron of your uniforms for a single game?

EDIT: from looking at other webpages, it appears this is now a regular thing for the team, making them the first team to make changes to their uniforms since the CHL started with the Edge system

I caught that too on the news the other day, and figured I really should look into it more, but then I didn't bother. I don't like it... well, I'm not a fan of the script on the front as it is, and now this just makes it look even weirder. Love the template, just wish it was the old Canes logo instead.

Okay, so you see the Screaming Eagles posting this picture on their website:

third-jersey-news3519.jpg

...and you'd think yellow would have some sort of prominence in the jersey...

Apparently not...

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTcuanBn.jpg

This is Screech the mascot wearing the third jersey. A friend of mine took at the game and sent it to me. Along with some other really tiny photos of the players in action.

Anyways, I've started making the jersey here:

eagles3rd.png

That is a brand spanking new logo on the front. The shoulder logos are actually of the full-bodied eagle that is seen in the primary logo, only without the words "CAPE BRETON SCREAMING EAGLES over it and a white outline. The beak and talons of the eagle on the shoulders is the only appearance of yellow in the entire jersey.

I love that new script logo, but I find the jersey to be.....meh.

EDIT: The Screaming Eagles released their own rendering of the jersey here:

66549_449720514845_24638829845_4978710_8015740_n.jpg

They would have been better off reworking their previous third (where it use Nashville's jersey template) and used the script logo for that.

The thirds they had before were better than... this.

I know that this a little off-topic for 2010-11, but I was on the page for the Kitchener Rangers and noticed a couple things about the remembrance day jerseys. 1- The jersey from 2007/08 is supposed to be a darker blue and the numbers are supposed to be a darker red. Here is a pic.

hm07-1.jpg?t=1287357942

2- There is no 2005/06 jersey featured. Here are a few pics that I also found.

hm05.jpg?t=1287358043

18.jpg?t=1287358043

hm07.jpg?t=1287358043

11.jpg?t=1287358043

Now a little more on topic, I found some good pics of the numbers and names on the new Rangers alternates.

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/665

Also missing, there is a shoulder patch on the new Windsor Spitfires alternate.

http://windsorspitfires2.com/gallery/

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

The black Vancouver Giants edge jersey is now on sale!!! Now we can see a better picture of it. The one thing I notice is that the 10th anniversary logo isn't on the collar.

I'll be keeping an eye to that one for sure, keep watching for game photos, I'm certain the logo is there! From the photo, I can see where the comments about the incorrect logo are coming from; ours has too much white beneath the giant.

Rog, great work on the Eagles uniform. When I first saw your photo, I thought it was just a washed out photo. I guess they decided 'colour' was optional. You seem to have a good bead on that one, so I'll leave it in yours hands.

The Swift Current one is very odd. The blue and green makes for a very 'cool/cold' feel to the jersey, kind of like the original Blue Jackets design. It's odd they only have the shoulder patch on one shoulder, and that they use the old crest with the newer memorial patch.

I'm trying to find photos of the Juniors new unis, but no pictures are up on their page yet...same with Lethbridge. Those photos were found, but no word from the Hurricanes as of yet.

I think this week Owen Sound FINALLY has a Wednesday game, so we'll see the Mercs uniforms in action.

The Peterborough Petes just announced on Twitter that they are unveiling a 3rd jersey tomorrow (Wednesday October 20th) at 1:30pm.

http://twitter.com/#!/PetesOHLhockey (says to check www.gopetesgo.com at 1:30 to see photos)

I had heard nothing of them getting a third jersey until this tweet... I hope it features their gorgeous secondary logo or the 'Peterborough' introduced for the 2006 season that has been used on the third ever since. I guess we'll see soon enough!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Peterborough Petes just announced on Twitter that they are unveiling a 3rd jersey tomorrow (Wednesday October 20th) at 1:30pm.

http://twitter.com/#.../PetesOHLhockey (says to check www.gopetesgo.com at 1:30 to see photos)

I had heard nothing of them getting a third jersey until this tweet... I hope it features their gorgeous secondary logo or the 'Peterborough' introduced for the 2006 season that has been used on the third ever since. I guess we'll see soon enough!

Something in the back of my mind told me that they would be doing one. They do have those nice secondary/alternate logos to use. Besides, I doubt they'd let the Generals nice new alts upstage them ;)

A side note, I'm starting a second job next week, so I'll be very short on time from now until Christmas. When I get time to work on the uniforms, I'm going to focus first on the new alternates, and then on corrections to older uniforms.

A few updates, not uploaded yet:

- Fixed the Edmonton Oil Kings Jerseys. I had the waist patterns wrong.

- Fixed the most recent Kitchener Rangers jerseys, had the wrong waist pattern again.

- Now that the logo has been done (thanks Maximgam!) I can add the shoulder logo to Windsor.

- Working on building the Oil Kings alternate template. Those white shoulder bands are giving me a hard time.

- Need to fix the older Petes jerseys, the logos and proportions are off.

Archived