New Cleveland Cav Uniforms.

charger77

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is... Is Cleveland going to have... ONE home and ONE road uniform?

Have I died and gone to Heaven?

Well they can't have an alternate uniform for two years after the uniform change. I don't think there's any rules against throwbacks so they'll probably take full advantage of that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is... Is Cleveland going to have... ONE home and ONE road uniform?

Have I died and gone to Heaven?

Let's be honest... probably not. I think the uniform rules say that you can't release an alternated for 2 years. But you are allowed to release a throwback/hardwood classic, like Orlando did last year or 2 years ago. I also do not think there is a rule for "special" uniforms. Special meaning the the CavFanatic uniforms the Cavs have had for the last 2-3 years.

If I were willing to bet, the Cavs will have those 2 uniforms, a throwback, and a CavFanatic jersey.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The biggest problem with these uniforms is that the team is likely to be very bad for a number of years, and then they'll switch them to usher in another new era, and these uniforms will be remembered with the terrible teams and years.

The biggest problem with these uniforms is that the team is likely to be very bad for a number of years, and then they'll switch them to usher in another new era, and these uniforms will be remembered with the terrible teams and years.

Very true but consider it a good thing...these horrible uniforms will only help out in the process of the NBA, and its fans forgetting the upcoming "LeBronless Years" to come!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

How sly of Adidas to incorporate 3-stripes into the neck and sleeve trim.

IMO that's very blatant and not a maybe it is/maybe it isn't scenario.

It's the exact same as their original 1970-1974 jersey, three stripes and all (remember the '08 Hardwood Classic?). Furthermore, the team picked this uniform design from a group of options.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

How sly of Adidas to incorporate 3-stripes into the neck and sleeve trim.

IMO that's very blatant and not a maybe it is/maybe it isn't scenario.

Actually, these stripes are derived from the Cavs very first uni set, worn from 1970-74...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I think this will be the Cavs trend for a few years now. Since they change their uniforms every 3-4 seasons, I think they will continue to have simpler designs, that throw back to the "Feather C" and "Candy Cane" uniform days.

For me, I love a blend of vintage and modern... which is why I was hoping the Cavs would bring back the Feather C wordmark. I thought it was creative, clean, and had some identity to it. Incorporate less-modern C w/ Sword, and Sword w/ Flag logos, and you would have a nice set, with a nice identity... the Feather from a Cavaliers hat, and their sword.

One of the upsides... the colors are now more unique to what is in the NBA currently.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The hate for this set is because they went from a contemporary, interesting set to this cheap, oversimplified garbage. Somehow they could come up with the cool, unique idea of putting the team slogan on the inside rear collar but neglected to put basic side and shorts stripes. The Jazz's old uniforms looked like an AAU team... this looks like a rec league team.

I completely agree on both points.

I was never a Cavs fan, but I LOVED their unis. This new look is just bland and uninspired, kinda like the old Jazz unis.

I don't think the new Jazz look is perfect, but at least they have some identity now. All they had before were some dull blue unis that could have been any team.

Archived