White jersey at home for the NFL 2010 season

gothedistance

There is another thread about when teams will be wearing their third jerseys. I thought of doing this, a white at home for the 2010 NFL season. Lets name an instance that a team will be wearing white at home. Teams who will be doing it this season.

I'll avoid the obvious one for the start of this.

The Titans will wear white for their home opener against the Raiders on 9/12. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=5452369

Tennessee has a game the following week against the Steelers who also have a black jersey. Wouldn't they want to wear white for that game as well?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is another thread about when teams will be wearing their third jerseys. I thought of doing this, a white at home for the 2010 NFL season. Lets name an instance that a team will be wearing white at home. Teams who will be doing it this season.

I'll avoid the obvious one for the start of this.

The Titans will wear white for their home opener against the Raiders on 9/12. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=5452369

Tennessee has a game the following week against the Steelers who also have a black jersey. Wouldn't they want to wear white for that game as well?

Well, uh, the Cowboys tend to wear white, uh, every home game except the thanksgiving game... Just sayin'... Redskins like to wear white a lot, and so do the Dolphins... Typically, not always, but most of the time.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I was saying that I would avoid the obvious ones. Those 3 teams are an example of what I mean.

Dallas wore white for their Thanksgiving games in 2007 against the Jets and in 2008 against the Seahawks. The Cowboys wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving or for a home game near Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure about the Redskins this year. They have a new coach. Along with other staff members. Who may be changing things.

The Panthers posted their jersey schedule up. If someone wants to do the honors, show that link. I don't feel like doing it.

All of the NFC South teams wear white at home for September and October. I think Tampa Bay wears white until the end of October.

I'm going to list the amount of times teams that wore white at home for a certain season. I'll do that after I come back.

All of the NFC South teams wear white at home for September and October. I think Tampa Bay wears white until the end of October.

That's incorrect. Atlanta has worn dark jerseys every game in the Mike Smith era -- either red, alternate black or throwback black.

I think Tampa Bay always wears white the for the first four home games, then red for the last four. Last year was an exception because the fourth "home" game was in London, and they wore red for that.

That's incorrect. Atlanta has worn dark jerseys every game in the Mike Smith era -- either red, alternate black or throwback black.

Since 2000 (shoot, since they've moved to the Dome), I can only remember there being one time where the Falcons wore white at home, it was against the Bengals in either 2002 or 2003. More than likely it's 2002. Either way, cheo's correct. The Falcons rarely ever wear white at home. It's either red or black.

This is how many teams have worn white at home for one particular season since the league realignment in 2002. Counting from 2009 back to 2002.

2009: 15 teams

2008: 15 teams

2007: 13 teams

2006: 15 teams

2005: 14 teams

2004: 14 teams

2003: 14 teams

2002: 15 teams

The Patriots had silver jerseys from 2003-2007 and Saints had a gold jersey in 2002 that were worn, which were treated as light jerseys.

Right now we have 9 teams confirmed that will be wearing white at home this season.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/research-projects/white-at-home-in-the-nfl/

The notes at the bottom list teams that wore white an entire regular season, and all the color vs color matchups.

For the Falcon fans:

Falcons: 1966 vs. Cowboys and Rams; 1967 vs. Redskins and Rams; 1968 vs. Colts and Steelers; 1977 vs. Rams; 1978 vs. Oilers and Browns; 1979 vs. Broncos; 1980 vs. Dolphins; 1981 vs. Saints and 49ers; 1982 vs. Raiders; 1983 vs. Giants; 1984 vs. Lions; 1985 vs. Lions and Broncos; 1986 every home game; 1987 vs. Redskins, Steelers, 49ers, Rams and Saints; 1989 every home game; 1997 vs. Raiders, Broncos and Eagles; 1998 vs. Panthers; 1999 vs. Ravens; 2000 vs. Giants and Panthers; 2002 vs. Bengals; 2003 vs. Vikings.

sig-1.png

Since 2000 (shoot, since they've moved to the Dome), I can only remember there being one time where the Falcons wore white at home, it was against the Bengals in either 2002 or 2003. More than likely it's 2002.

Yes, you're right.

I can show you a couple photos if you want.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/research-projects/white-at-home-in-the-nfl/

The notes at the bottom list teams that wore white an entire regular season, and all the color vs color matchups.

For the Falcon fans:

Falcons: 1966 vs. Cowboys and Rams; 1967 vs. Redskins and Rams; 1968 vs. Colts and Steelers; 1977 vs. Rams; 1978 vs. Oilers and Browns; 1979 vs. Broncos; 1980 vs. Dolphins; 1981 vs. Saints and 49ers; 1982 vs. Raiders; 1983 vs. Giants; 1984 vs. Lions; 1985 vs. Lions and Broncos; 1986 every home game; 1987 vs. Redskins, Steelers, 49ers, Rams and Saints; 1989 every home game; 1997 vs. Raiders, Broncos and Eagles; 1998 vs. Panthers; 1999 vs. Ravens; 2000 vs. Giants and Panthers; 2002 vs. Bengals; 2003 vs. Vikings.

I told Tim Brulia he had a mistake for the Falcons 2000 season. He originally listed the Falcons wearing white for every 2000 home game except against the Panthers. He has it corrected now. I told him other omissions and errors as well.

1997 vs. Raiders, Broncos and Eagles; 1998 vs. Panthers; 1999 vs. Ravens; 2000 vs. Giants and Panthers; 2002 vs. Bengals; 2003 vs. Vikings.

moss_2003_catch.jpg

Add this to the already stuffed file of "TFoA's Cases of Idiocy." :P

I think Tampa Bay always wears white the for the first four home games, then red for the last four. Last year was an exception because the fourth "home" game was in London, and they wore red for that.

I was looking back. The same was with the 2008 season. The fourth home game that year was a night game against the Seahawks. Bucs wore red jersey with white pants.

1997 vs. Raiders, Broncos and Eagles; 1998 vs. Panthers; 1999 vs. Ravens; 2000 vs. Giants and Panthers; 2002 vs. Bengals; 2003 vs. Vikings.

moss_2003_catch.jpg

Add this to the already stuffed file of "TFoA's Cases of Idiocy." :P

Here is the 2002 game against the Bengals for you.

a_mvick_i.jpg

I remembered that game. It's just the mess of others that I forgot. I feel real slow right now, lol.

Archived