New NFL on Fox Graphics

patsox

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the game, Curt Menefee told us that SD viewers would now get "HD" presentation -- i.e. letterbox. So there is no 4:3 corner anymore because it's widescreen for everybody.

Sorry, I am a little confused (not the most TV-saavy person). So is what you are saying, that SD/non-widescreen TV viewers won't be able to view the "Fox Box"? (I didn't catch the game tonight, so I didn't see for myself). It sounds like what you are saying is that the Fox Box is going to be on the corner of a letterbox view, rather than a 4:3 view, so it wouldn't be able to be seen at all on a non-widescreen TV. Is this what you are saying?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It is great, I just hope CBS updates theirs now. As a Browns fan, almost all the games I watch are on CBS and it's terrible.

This may have something to do with the fact that you are watching the Cleveland Browns.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Before the game, Curt Menefee told us that SD viewers would now get "HD" presentation -- i.e. letterbox. So there is no 4:3 corner anymore because it's widescreen for everybody.

Sorry, I am a little confused (not the most TV-saavy person). So is what you are saying, that SD/non-widescreen TV viewers won't be able to view the "Fox Box"? (I didn't catch the game tonight, so I didn't see for myself). It sounds like what you are saying is that the Fox Box is going to be on the corner of a letterbox view, rather than a 4:3 view, so it wouldn't be able to be seen at all on a non-widescreen TV. Is this what you are saying?

SD viewers will get black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Like the score presentation except for everything that's going on in the center, especially the flashing possession arrow and how the clock bobs up and down, which is annoying. In fact the whole thing bobs when they show/hide the down and distance bar.

It's also odd how the quarter changes to the play clock but that just takes getting used to. Like the display after a score. Interesting how the down and distance line is shaded with the colors of the offensive team and how the timeout indicators are shown on the edges.

I despise the Fox logo floating in the top right corner. Put it all in one *$%*#@& place!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I hate the way the scorebox scrunches to make room for the down & distance and then unscrunches. You can just have the D&D info slide down underneath when you want to show it, then slide it back out of sight when you're done.

I think the score/time info is quite legible in either scrunched or unscrunched mode. The screencap above shows it in scrunched mode. Just pick one size and LEAVE IT BE. I'll get oh-so-mental if they make me put up with that all season.

Other than that -- and the pulsating last 5-seconds of play clock -- I'm quite good with what they have there.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

If anyone's interested, NFL Network is currently re-airing the game in HD and SD, but interestingly on the SD channel there are no black bars.

Last night I switched over to the SD Fox channel, and there were no black bars on there either. Anyone else not have black bars on their SD stations?

This was on FOX 56 out of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

I felt three-letters were more professional than logos last time Fox tried this and I'm sticking to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the last time they tried just the logos, wasn't it switched back to the 3 or 2 team abbreviation before the regular season started? The logo then slid over the abbreviation when something happened (scoring, penalty, etc.).

I felt three-letters were more professional than logos last time Fox tried this and I'm sticking to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the last time they tried just the logos, wasn't it switched back to the 3 or 2 team abbreviation before the regular season started? The logo then slid over the abbreviation when something happened (scoring, penalty, etc.).

I think when NFL network used the logos on the score bug that's when I think FOX decided to re experiment it again.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

In 2003 during the regular season they went with logos only, but in the playoffs they went back to abbreviations. Here is the 2003 graphic.

220px-NFL_on_FOX_score_banner.jpg

Archived