Favorite Baseball Uniforms

north dakota

I'm so glad that this thread has remained classy, and hasn't degraded into a contest of "Who Can Come up With the Most Hideous/Absurd/Outrageous Uniform" ... Getting sooo tired of people trying to one-up each other in the Favorite NHL/NBA Uniform threads...

It gets obnoxious for people like us who genuinely love the aesthetics of sports when people come into these threads and try to one-up each other with the most horrible logos/unis/color schemes imaginable.

So again, gentlemen, thank you.

Do you realize that people are entitled to their opinions? Just because you may not agree with others' opinions doesn't mean that you are right and they are idiots. Some of those people you are calling obnoxious are the veterans of this forum. You don't need to agree with them, but be respectful towards them. You haven't proven to me or anyone else that you are a respectful person.

While there is a wide range of legitimate opinions and tastes represented by this board's membership, it does indeed seem like some people have taken to listing some of the absolute worst. I personally don't like the 90s Houston Rockets uniforms, but I can see how someone else would, so no problem. When people start posting AFL Zubaz uniforms, however, something is up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While there is a wide range of legitimate opinions and tastes represented by this board's membership, it does indeed seem like some people have taken to listing some of the absolute worst. I personally don't like the 90s Houston Rockets uniforms, but I can see how someone else would, so no problem. When people start posting AFL Zubaz uniforms, however, something is up.

Thank you for seeing my point, Ice_Cap.

There's a way to engage in intelligent (adult) debate without degrading into name-calling and personal attacks, guys.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I'm so glad that this thread has remained classy, and hasn't degraded into a contest of "Who Can Come up With the Most Hideous/Absurd/Outrageous Uniform" ... Getting sooo tired of people trying to one-up each other in the Favorite NHL/NBA Uniform threads...

It gets obnoxious for people like us who genuinely love the aesthetics of sports when people come into these threads and try to one-up each other with the most horrible logos/unis/color schemes imaginable.

It's interesting, because you responded negatively to a guy who accused you of thinking your opinions had some level of inherent correctness to them, claiming you don't think this way, but you go and say this. Who established this ostensibly objective set of aesthetic criteria? Why is yours the set of criteria that is the one for people who "genuinely love the aesthetics of sports?"

I don't find my favorite jerseys hideous or horrible. I'm sorry that my taste in uniforms does not fit the Paul Lukas, lets have just white and gray unis with wordmarks, no crazy colors, and of course stirrups if baseball is the case.

I genuinely like oranges and reds in uniforms, didn't know they were "horrible" colors. And when teams actually get creative and think before making a uni or logo, I appreciate it alot.

Such a shame the entire MLB can't look like the Indians and Red Sox road unis, and all white script for home.

I am not one uping anyone, rather honestly listing what uniforms I like. Sorry they aren't to your high standards of what makes a good uniform.

2ly2w09.jpg

I'm not going to list teams' uniforms... but I would give an era... the era of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Bob Feller... where the sleeves were a bit shorter, pants a little baggy, but they showed the stirrups... back when Baseball wasn't a game, but a religion.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'll admit, I was joking about the Zubaz uniforms. Those unis just took the line of decency and taste and crapped all over it. :P

However, I'm dead serious about all the other uniforms, regardless of whether or not you or ThePreacher think I'm just doing it to troll. I simply prefer creativity and uniforms that look like they took some actual thought to come up with. If you like less-creative classic uniforms from back in the day, that's your prerogative.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am not one uping anyone, rather honestly listing what uniforms I like. Sorry they aren't to your high standards of what makes a good uniform.

I apologize to those of you who genuinely like the strange, off-the-wall looks of the gradiant Rays, TATC Unis of the late 90's and the tequila sunrise Astros...

But as Lights Out and others have noticed, some of you actually (strangely enough) love the weirdness, while others are just trying to be wacky and draw attention to themselves. I concede that only a small minority of people are doing this for attention (I wouldn't call it "trolling", but rather "attention seeking"), and they shouldn't represent the lot of you who actually legitimately liked when the White Sox wore shorts or the Angels went periwinkle.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Preacher, I like alot of uniforms that aren't off the wall or crazy, but the ones that are happen to be my favorite.

I've always liked the third and alternate jerseys team have, and always think big/different logos and cool designs are creative and look good.

I like the classic Yankee pinstripe, the black Mets jerseys, the gray road Pirates, but those aren't any of my favorite.

2ly2w09.jpg

I'll admit, I was joking about the Zubaz uniforms. Those unis just took the line of decency and taste and crapped all over it. :P

Ah, well played then :D

However, I'm dead serious about all the other uniforms, regardless of whether or not you or ThePreacher think I'm just doing it to troll. I simply prefer creativity and uniforms that look like they took some actual thought to come up with. If you like less-creative classic uniforms from back in the day, that's your prerogative.

I would argue that what qualifies as creative is very debatable.

Take MLB's TATC uniforms. Some were, in fact very creative. Arizona, Milwaukee, and St. Louis all had fun with the concept and turned out some very creative uniforms (so did the Mets technically, but those cross the line). Everyone else just blew up their primary logos and slapped it on the TATC template. That's hardly creative. The same can be said for the Hawks' and Rockets' 90s NBA uniforms, actually.

Conversely look at the Montreal Canadiens, the most traditional team in the NHL when it comes to their uniforms. Their home reds, with the iconic blue chest stripe, were creative not only in their time, but also today, as no one else utilizes that striping pattern.

As for traditional uniforms with "simple" designs like my Leafs and the Celtics, who's to say that creativity doesn't enter the picture there? Less is more sometimes and it sometimes takes someone with a decent amount of talent in design to see that. Creativity isn't absent from a design just because it utilizes simple, and what some would call boring, techniques.

As for the rest of the uniforms you listed, I may not agree with them, but I can see how some like yourself would legitimately like them, so no harm there. All except the Wild Wing Mighty Ducks uniform. I hate that sweater. Then again I hate everything about the original Mighty Ducks identity, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

Well, since my purple Diamondbacks image was taken out of my post I guess I'll just post this.

l1ezf5g2ryumrfibotdfuxudz.gif

They won an incredible World Series wearing these. These need to come back, at least as a throwback.

Some of theses have probably been mentioned but they're good so you can see them again :P

cue3qc0uis4eyqu741e9v3hqe.gif

I would LOVE to see this have a comeback in the modern script of course. Ditch the current blue alternate along with the sleeveless and make this the primary alternate

Archived