Favorite Basketball Uniforms

Lights Out

No, dude that old school Raptors ones are awesome. I like the 90s uniforms because they were unique, that being said, I was one of the few people who liked the PHX Coyotes third green jersey.

Let me guess, you were born in the 90's?

Because that would be the only logical explanation for you liking a uniform that makes literally EVERY magazine/website/blog's list of "Worst NBA Uniforms of All-Time" ... I mean that Raptors uni is basically universally ridiculed.. I don't understand how you can sit here with a straight face a claim you like it unless you're a 90's kid and you wax nostalgic over its ugliness.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You rail on people for posting "ugly" uniforms, then you post that, lmao.

Are you serious???

How is this uniform "ugly"?

It doesn't have gaudy colors like purple, teal or neon... It doesn't have absurd font, or some gimmicky features like teeth marks, claw tracks, a neon skyline or a timberline...

It's simple, old-school and classy. The only thing I can say bad about it is that it's BFBS... but then again, it's a throwback. So I don't know if they had BFBS back then.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

No, dude that old school Raptors ones are awesome. I like the 90s uniforms because they were unique, that being said, I was one of the few people who liked the PHX Coyotes third green jersey.

Because that would be the only logical explanation for you liking a uniform that makes literally EVERY magazine/website/blog's list of "Worst NBA Uniforms of All-Time" ... I mean that Raptors uni is basically universally ridiculed.. I don't understand how you can sit here with a straight face a claim you like it unless you're a 90's kid and you wax nostalgic over its ugliness.

I was born in 1988. And just because it makes the list of ugliest uniform ever, doesn't mean it's ugly. Their entitled to their opinion.

Are you serious???

It doesn't have gaudy colors like purple, teal or neon... It doesn't have absurd font, or some gimmicky features like teeth marks, claw tracks, a neon skyline or a timberline...

It's simple, old-school and classy. The only thing I can say bad about it is that it's BFBS... but then again, it's a throwback. So I don't know if they had BFBS back then.

So you claim that all 90's uniforms are ugly, then you go on to post about how much you love retro? People have their own opinions, sometimes they are different than yours. Some people, like myself, are not big fans of retro uniforms. I like unique and creative stuff. Does that make me wrong about what looks good? Of course not. It means that those are the kind of uniforms I like. I'm not sure if you noticed, but this thread is called 'Favorite Basketball Uniforms,' not 'Most Retro, Classy, and Widely Accepted Basketball Uniforms.'

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Wow. Could you be anymore of a douchebag?

I find it hilarious that this has turned into a "If you don't agree with me, your an idiot" thread. Come on, this is a thread about people's opinions. The Preacher needs to relax. He obviously thinks that his opinion is the law, so everyone must agree with him.

Moving on, my favorite uniform is timeless and probably will never be replaced:

-adda7b24a8272579_large.jpg

I hate the Celtics, but their unis are just beautiful. So simple, so classy.

This is bringing up one of my favorite things I've noticed as a member of the sports logo community.

There is a laughable divide between, let's say, the older gentlemen, and the kids like myself. The older gentlemen are generally traditionalists who frown upon anything unique or flashy. Kids like myself like the uniforms that are different (like the Raptors uni, which is ridiculously sweet). It's just something we have to deal with, I don't get why we can't just accept the fact that there are people on here who grew up in a different generation and like different uniforms.

I can't wait until I'm 50 and all the kids will be drooling over the newest uniform crazes and I'll be like, "You young punks wouldn't know a good uniform if it spit on your shoes! The Raptors uniforms are the greatest of all time!" And then the kids will be like, "Shut the :censored: up, old man. Those unis are garb."

Those random stars on the front don't count as "gimmicks"? I'm really starting to lose my patience with the people that demand that every uniform should be plain, solid color uniforms with no trim, no stripes, and one-color block lettering. How boring would that be? There would be no point in having this forum since every uniform would be the same, just with different colors and names.

More favorites:

vinceshoulderbig.jpg

10460.jpg

BucksGreenAlt2.jpg

1215253516_0203a12f47_o.jpg

7e1af97441494da6a706d6de9f3bf36f.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I find it hilarious that this has turned into a "If you don't agree with me, your an idiot" thread. Come on, this is a thread about people's opinions. The Preacher needs to relax. He obviously thinks that his opinion is the law, so everyone must agree with him.

You completely misinterpreted my post apparently.

I'm not saying my taste in uniforms is the "end all be all", but when someone claims that their "favorite" uniform is something that (as I mentioned earlier) routinely makes virtually every list of "Worst Uniforms in the History of Professional Sport", you have to ask yourself "what the heck is this person thinking?"

For instance: If this thread were "Sweetest Cars of All-Time", you would expect to see: Ferraris, Aston Martin, Bentleys, Bugatti's etc... Then some clown posts something like "The best car ever is a GEO METRO!!!", he obviously cannot be serious, and is clearly just posting that obscure point of view for attention.

...This is how I feel when someone claims that those hideous Raptors uniforms that virtually every NBA fan has chosen to pretend never existed are included in someone's "BEST EVER" list. It's just baffling IMHO.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Are you serious???

Funny, the guy who roots for the team that started in their 90's with a 90's logo and the colors of purple and teal (and proudly displays them in his signature) are criticizing those who like 90's designs and purple and teal. :rolleyes:

6fQjS3M.png

Let's examine how many of the uniforms included on this "BEST EVER" thread have also made it to these three (3) random "Worst Basketball Uniforms of All-Time" lists I just googled...

(The reason I am posting this is to demonstrate that I am not some thick-skulled curmudgeon that believes my point of view is the only one that matters, but rather to demonstrate that my opinion regarding hideous jerseys is actually widely accepted - as evidenced by these articles):

UGLY

More Ugly

Gross.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Funny, the guy who roots for the team that started in their 90's with a 90's logo and the colors of purple and teal (and proudly displays them in his signature) are criticizing those who like 90's designs and purple and teal. :rolleyes:

I was born and raised in Anaheim. Unfortunately, I had no say in the naming of the team, nor the color palette Disney chose during the height of the teal (jade) and purple (eggplant) era....

That being said, those colors are far superior to the Ducks current BFBS + Wordmark monstrosity they're repping.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Gee Preacher, don't you think for every person who puts together a worst uniforms list, there is the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY possibility that at least one person puts together a best uniforms list with the same uniforms? They're just not as stubborn and more accepting and don't need to post it on the internet and shove it down everyone's throats as fact. WE LIKE COLORFUL AND CREATIVE UNIFORMS, why it bothers you, I will never know. Sorry that I come off as a dick (as do you), but please let it go.

Let's examine how many of the uniforms included on this "BEST EVER" thread have also made it to these three (3) random "Worst Basketball Uniforms of All-Time" lists I just googled...

(The reason I am posting this is to demonstrate that I am not some thick-skulled curmudgeon that believes my point of view is the only one that matters, but rather to demonstrate that my opinion regarding hideous jerseys is actually widely accepted - as evidenced by these articles):

UGLY

More Ugly

Gross.

Why does it bother you so damn much that happen to like those uniforms. I was born in 1978 and love the colorful different uniforms. This thread is about people's favorite basketball uniforms, not favorite basketball uniforms according to Preacher. So why don't you just stop trying to say you opinion is the best in the world and everybody else's is wrong, you thick-skulled curmudgeon.

Archived