NHL: Defunct Franchise Redesigns

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Barons. The colors are really nice and different, the logo is a great depiction of the Baron, and the each uniform design is really great. I was hoping, however, that the alternate uniform would pay homage to the old uniforms somehow, but this is alternate is still really neat. Great work here, definetely one of my favorites! I'm very much looking forward to your next concept.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't know about this one. The Key Tower logo looks good, and the type is great, as usual, except the outline on Cleveland in the primary seems unnecessary. The rendering of the baron seems like an illustration from the 90s more than a sports logo. I think it has to do with the geometric style and the way the pinstripes are rendered. Good start.

overall i like the barons logo. the way the baron rises out of the C reminds me of the short-lived NY Sentinels logo and how the tower rose out of the S. I do think the head could be bigger, although i think you were wanting him to tower over the viewer making his head far away. i stil think the head could be bigger, but as i said, overall i really like what is going on with it.

overall i like the barons logo. the way the baron rises out of the C reminds me of the short-lived NY Sentinels logo and how the tower rose out of the S. I do think the head could be bigger, although i think you were wanting him to tower over the viewer making his head far away. i stil think the head could be bigger, but as i said, overall i really like what is going on with it.

Slight update on the barons: I've been trying to rework the logos, to bring more focus on the face of the baron (the better portion of the logo, also eliminates some of the pinstripes) and then to re-fit him into the C-shield. So far, I haven't had much luck. I'm going to keep trying it, but at the moment I'm stuck. This one may be destined for a complete overhaul.

So the next team is coming up soon.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#8: Oakland Seals

Oakland, CA // Relocated 1976

Logo.png

Kept them as the "Oakland" Seals instead of the "California" Seals, since we now have three other California franchises. And the interplay between a franchise north of the Bay (Oakland) and south of it (San Jose) would be nice. The colors sort of worked themselves out: a sea-foam green, a dark (almost charcoal gray) brown, and bright golden yellow. For the wordmark, I wanted something that was modern but inspired by their old curvilinear, rounded "Seals" wordmark.

The primary uniforms are very clean and simple. (Look Ma! No piping!) Curvy, reversed-color sections on the sleeves, and no superfluous logos. Green sweater at home.

The alternate is an all dark brown set, with some (slightly modernized) classical elements. The crest is a combination of a full body seal with a custom cursive wordmark. Hopefully, enough of the seal shows through for it to work. The primary logo's the sleeve patch.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

looks amazing! one thing that looks a little odd to me in the main logo is the perspective of the eye/face vs that of the nose/mouth. I think the eye and top of snout is good, but then the nose and mouth look off. Could just be me though.

Love the wordmark with the seal

I love the alternate, but I'm not to sure about the primary.

If you're not so sure about the primary, you should tell why. It's not contructive critisism if you just say "I'm not sure about it" and don't explain why. All of your posts are kind of like that, whether it's positive or negative. I've never seen one of your posts span over one line (of text).

Oh, by the way, it's amazing. As CDG1906 said, it's better than about 2 or 3 current NHL sets.

25yzwqg.png

You continue to blow us away! Those colors work really well together, and again the logos are amazing. The Seals script on the 3rd is REALLY well done, and very unique. I also like the uniform design...fairly simple but still good looking. I do agree with the others on the eye vs. snout perspective. I think if you turn the snout slightly to our left it would look better.

Archived