ReBrand: NBA

A-Train

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you guys suggest that the navy blue goes on the uniforms?

I would suggest you just reverse the light and darker blues on the logo, so the primary blue appears as a more important color (which it is in the uniforms). From there, you shouldn't be too worried about using the dark blue, because it would only be an outline color. Also, I would promote increasing the height of the cloud so the overall logo is more circular with the ball involved and all...

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I am really enjoying the evolution of your ideas. If I could make a suggestion/request, please don't replace your concept with each new inception. I think it's fun as a viewer to be able track the changes, and moreover, I think it makes it easier to compare versions and be able to make a decision on any suggestions i.e. I like the previous font better etc.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

IMO, the logos really lose the pop they have with the orange ball. I'd say put it back in and try to work it in to the uniform set into the trim.

Also, the stacked "Oklahoma City" looks pretty bad. I'd either put the number in the middle or just use "Thunder" or "OKC"

6fQjS3M.png

I think you've downgraded the note logo and wordmark with the changes you've made. Why don't you try to mix the note wordmark with the lettering style from the mountain logo?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The thing about this is...the Jazz have a retro wordmark and a mismatched primary logo only because of the NBA's fine on primary logo changes. In an ideal world, the primary and secondary logos should be a lot closer in style so that one of them doesn't go unused. In your rebrand, you kept the mismatched identity, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Either incorporate the retro Jazz wordmark into the mountain logo, or scrap one of the two styles altogether and go from there.

phitinsig.png

I like the logos you have created for the Jazz. However, like Phitin said, I think you need to go in one direction or the other. Do you want to go retro-Jazz, or do you want to go with their modern look?

In my opinion, you should go retro, because those uniforms you've created are beauty's.

The thing about this is...the Jazz have a retro wordmark and a mismatched primary logo only because of the NBA's fine on primary logo changes. In an ideal world, the primary and secondary logos should be a lot closer in style so that one of them doesn't go unused. In your rebrand, you kept the mismatched identity, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Either incorporate the retro Jazz wordmark into the mountain logo, or scrap one of the two styles altogether and go from there.

I agree. The silly NBA rules created this, no need to abide by them. merge the two and see how it works.

i really like your Thunder design you did an excellent job the best rebrand i can remember seeing on these boards but I'm not really like your just recoloring and bringing back of an old logo for the Jazz. And the jerseys are very similar to what they just switched from (the design not the colors obviously).

And the J note is a major downgrade the last two panels on the right need to match the J and the outline should go

i really like your Thunder design you did an excellent job the best rebrand i can remember seeing on these boards but I'm not really like your just recoloring and bringing back of an old logo for the Jazz. And the jerseys are very similar to what they just switched from (the design not the colors obviously).

And the J note is a major downgrade the last two panels on the right need to match the J and the outline should go

Well, the thought process of this ReBrand was for me to make new identities for the teams that are lacking a good, strong identity, and leave the teams that have a good retro look alone and bring it back. And there are two teams immediately that I'm leaving retro and one is the Jazz, and the other is the Timberwolves.

Archived