New Ottawa Senators Logo.... With Heart

Howie

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cursing: EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!!?!? Why would be jealous of the maple leafs?? :cursing:

he dindn't say ottawa was jelous of the maple leafs, he said ottawa was jelous of toronto, as in the actuall city.

all though i could understand why you would be jelous of the leafs. 13 stanley cups to what? zero. a long and storied history of one of the most prostegious hockey clubs in the world vs an early 90's expansion team (who, by the way, have been to the post season more times then their expansion cousins the lightining, and yet have no cups to show for it, while tampa gets one in only their third playoff apperience). i could see why you would be jelous of the leafs.

I know Senators fans that would rather the Leafs lose than to see their team win. It's a hatred based on purely jealousy of the prestige of the franchise and the city they're based in. The Sens have become very popular in Ottawa... cause well most of Canada's jealous of Toronto.

Leafs fans simply don't like the Sens because they're always in the way come the playoffs, and the Toronto fans always become extremely anxious and antsy come playoff time cause they know the enevitable will happen... losing. If they met the Nashville Predators in the playoffs for something like 5 years in a row I bet Leafs fans would forget Ottawa in a heartbeat.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

i couldn't agree more. I have to say that currently the Leafs vs. Sens in the NHL's biggest rivalry. then there's the Battle of Alberta :hockeysmiley:

Go leafs Go!

Question what does 20 plus 13 plus 88 plus 92 plsu 24 equal? the stanley cup.

untitled-6.jpg

Go leafs Go!

Question what does 20 plus 13 plus 88 plus 92 plsu 24 equal? the stanley cup.

Check your math, you didn't carry the 2.

I redid the problem, and here's what I got:

A wad of aging, overpriced, fragile (physically and/or psychologically) talent.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is why it sucks to have your hockey team in southern California, your never going to get this kind of passion.

Well, you do have that LA/Anaheim rivalry, and us up here in NorCal too, but it doesn't compare to this.

We must have the longest-distance rivalry in the NHL (Wild/Canucks) So what are we to do? 2 games in 3 days at the same site! :D

sportsbanner-single.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:hockeysmiley: Sorry i was watching the leafs getting embarassed by the sens

8 - 0

By the way, for those who forget...

Ottawa Senators Playoff history

- lost to Toronto, 4-3, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

- defeated NY Islanders, 4-1, Eastern Conf. quarterfinals

- defeated Philadelphia, 4-2, Eastern Conf. semifinals

- lost to New Jersey, 4-3, Eastern Conf. finals