AHL's Springfield Falcons unveil throwback

Brass

opening-jersey-inside.gif

Per FalconsAHL.com

Springfield, MA ? As part of their annual summer barbeque exclusively for ticket package holders and corporate partners, the Springfield Falcons unveiled the special throwback jersey they will be wearing for their first two regular season games on Friday, October 8 at Providence and Saturday, October 9 at home against Providence. The special jersey unveiled pays homage to the 1936 Springfield Indians and will be highlighted during the American Hockey League?s 75th Anniversary weekend.

The fourth annual Falcons summer barbeque took place on Wednesday, August 25 at the West Springfield Elks and was attended by Falcons head coach Rob Riley. Approximately 400 fans attended this annual summer fest as the Falcons get ready to open their 17th AHL season.

The entire 2010-11 Falcons schedule was announced on August 25 as well. They enter the campaign with their new National Hockey League affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets. Springfield opens the regular season with three straight games starting on October 8 in Providence, followed by home games on October 9 against Providence and October 10 against the Charlotte Checkers.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

OH wow... that is one cool jersey.. and I love the old look logo... wow cool!!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The crest is very nifty. The rest of it is pretty foul. It's like someone let an old Maple Leafs sweater get dingy in the wash and then sewed on some giant red strips to distract from the discoloration.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived