Wolves Fans to Choose Between Muskies and Pipers

hettinger_rl

Muskies all the way.

I can see it now...Ricky Rubio wearing a Muskies jersey. Can't wait!

As an outsider looking in, I would imagine Muskies are going to win in a landslide... Afterall, the Pipers are more Pittsburgh's team than Minnesota's.

Agreed?

Plus the Muskies logo and uniforms rule. Such a cool team nickname IMO. A huge upgrade over Minnesota nicknames like the "Timberwolves" and "Wild."

The best Minnesota names:

1. Vikings. Minnesota has a huge Scandinavian population. Plus Vikings are badass. And warriors. It's the perfect name for a football team. It's a shame they'll be called the "Los Angeles Vikings" by 2013.

2. Lakers. Land of 10,000 Lakes? Bingo.

3. North Stars. One of my favorite hockey nicknames of all time. Besides Alaska and Maine, you don't get much more northern than Minnesota, do you? Plus that have (had) an iconic (and awesome) logo and uni set.

4. Muskies. Awesome. Just awesome.

5. Twins. A great baseball name IMHO. Twin cities? Perfect. I love it.

6. Lynx. This animal is indigenous to MN, right? It's fierce, it works.

7. Golden Gophers. Ehh... don't know about the "golden", or how many gophers they have in MN, but it's ok.

8. Timberwolves. Yes, I know it's a real animal. But my main beef is that it's too verbose, even if you MN natives don't agree.

9. Wild. One of the worst nicknames in hockey IMO. I'm not a big fan of naming hockey teams after adjectives. What's next... The Kansas City Fierce? The Seattle Awesome? The Portland Power? Eck.

10. Pipers. It made sense in Pittsburgh with the "P" alliteration (or is it consonation?) I don't know. Anyway, when I think of MN, I don't think of Pied Pipers. Or pipes. A dumb name all around.

My apologies to any MN-based teams I may have omitted...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

3. North Stars. One of my favorite hockey nicknames of all time. Besides Alaska and Maine, you don't get much more northern than Minnesota, do you? Plus that have (had) an iconic (and awesome) logo and uni set.

Not unless you're Montreal... or Calgary... or Edmonton... or Vancouver... or Ottawa...... :D

The North Stars got their name because the Minnesota state motto translated into English is "The Star of the North."

7. Golden Gophers. Ehh... don't know about the "golden", or how many gophers they have in MN, but it's ok.

Minnesota is the "Gopher State".

Ohhh, gotcha. Makes sense! Haha.

I still prefer the Wisconsin Badgers and Michigan Wolverines. Both are fierce and badass! The Buckeyes? Ehhh.. not so much =P

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Not unless you're Montreal... or Calgary... or Edmonton... or Vancouver... or Ottawa...... :D

The North Stars got their name because the Minnesota state motto translated into English is "The Star of the North."

I was speaking in terms of the United States. I know that Edmonton is the northern-most team in the National Hockey League! ;)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived