Redskins Logo Design

Davidson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, last one for this evening. I downloaded the skins word type, but I dont like parts of it, so I remade it with a few changes.

Have muted the colours a wee bit, which i prefer, added the chips on the spearhead. I like the red helmet best also, so a similarly recoloured version of that also.

Redskins-4.png

RedskinsHelmet.png

This looks great FD, just wondering if the gold you've added to the face is meant to be war paint or detail to the face? Also did you try the 'redskins' wordmark above the logo running horizontal? Or maybe keep it running parallel to the spear? Just throwing up a couple of ideas.

Looking forward to seeing the Vikings...

im not liking the colors at all. i just dont think they're saturated enough. if theres one thing the 'Skins have right, its the color palette. the red is almost a rosey pink here

the feather on the spear looks more like a fox's tail but i think that may be because the white tip is pointing up, and not in a V shape like you see on the Indian's head. those feathers look more like eagle feathers to me. i would probably keep the color consistency in the feathers as well instead of making one with a gold tip and another with a white tip. also, the feather on the spear seems to be just floating there and dosnt look as if its actually tied to the spear.

i wouldnt be afraid to make the Indian's head much larger either. on the helmet, it seems very small. im not liking the treatment of the wordmark, maybe because i know you can do much better. but its just not tied to the logo in any way, its sitting there next to it looking awkward.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Love the concept, but those colors and spear are too much Florida State. I like yellow over gold (tan). And the indian head is brilliant for itself, would it look good without spear?

well, i appreciate all the feedback, but you have to go with your gut at some point. cant please all of the people etc etc. have to say i think it loses its shape without the spear head.

Okay, last one for this evening. I downloaded the skins word type, but I dont like parts of it, so I remade it with a few changes.

Have muted the colours a wee bit, which i prefer, added the chips on the spearhead. I like the red helmet best also, so a similarly recoloured version of that also.

Redskins-4.png

RedskinsHelmet.png

LOVE IT. Well done.

87Redskins.png

Love the concept, but those colors and spear are too much Florida State. I like yellow over gold (tan). And the indian head is brilliant for itself, would it look good without spear?

well, i appreciate all the feedback, but you have to go with your gut at some point. cant please all of the people etc etc. have to say i think it loses its shape without the spear head.

I don't doubt your gut. Great work. Should be submitted to Redskins, nothing to loose.

I don't doubt your gut. Great work. Should be submitted to Redskins, nothing to loose.

Except one of those 'o's.

87Redskins.png

Except one of those 'o's.

I chuckled.

This is great work Davidson, as to be expected. As for the reference to FSU, the Redskin spear predates the Seminole spear and while different, was inspired by Washington. Sure it's become iconic of the Seminoles but the Skins can certainly get away with using it, as they did a few years ago.

Archived