Redskins Logo Design

Davidson

Wow. Excellent work. I love everything about this. The final version is sharp as a tack. Beautiful.

As much as I don't like the idea of them clinging to an outdated, flat out racist nickname, if they went with something like this it might enough to make me let it slide. Well done sir!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

done, finals:

cheers for the feedback.

DT%20REDSKINS%20(0.00.00.00).png

Brilliant, as always, Fraser. You really nailed it here. The only thing I'm not feeling is the highlight on the face. I thought it looked much better without...the lighter red doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the logo.

very, very nice. as others have said...not diggin the face highlights. id just drop them altogether. i love the feather off the spear...but the head ones just seem pasted on..no "life". in addition, the feather colors. the gold with white tip looks excellent, the other way around, not so much. and something about the back of the head seems off. its like the neck is too small...that gold area behind the head i'm guessing is the spear? seems like that should be the neck too...giving it a real thick, tough guy neck. just some thoughts.

footer_helmet.gif

This logo & helmet are phenomenal as all get out!

I actually love the lines on his face. They are made to look like A. warpaint, B. sunshine reflection, and C. 2 yard lines, so I'd say keep the lines on his face. The helmet is brilliant, incorporating the old spear logo and your new updated redskin logo too. You should seriously consider submitting this to the Redskins franchise, since so many other teams have "modernized" their look for the 21st century. The current Skins look is ok, but does have a very 1970s feel to it. This update would be amazing. I'd love to see you take a shot at a K.C. Chiefs update too. Simply brilliant!

Perfection. Well done!

Seconded...updated version is top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Let me get this straight...because I went back and read your original post...you came up with that in the span of a day and a half???

Well them hot diggity...cuz that's some hot sh*zz there. Like others, not exactly keen with the face highlights (actually preferred the yellow highlights), but overall...two big ol' thumbs up. Way up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Love the concept, but those colors and spear are too much Florida State. I like yellow over gold (tan). And the indian head is brilliant for itself, would it look good without spear?

well, i appreciate all the feedback, but you have to go with your gut at some point. cant please all of the people etc etc. have to say i think it loses its shape without the spear head.

Didn't the Redskins use the spear in the 60s, years before Florida State?

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Love the concept, but those colors and spear are too much Florida State. I like yellow over gold (tan). And the indian head is brilliant for itself, would it look good without spear?

well, i appreciate all the feedback, but you have to go with your gut at some point. cant please all of the people etc etc. have to say i think it loses its shape without the spear head.

Didn't the Redskins use the spear in the 60s, years before Florida State?

1965-1969.

87Redskins.png

Not a fan of the gradient on the arrowhead, I kinda prefered the vibrant colours (or perhaps a split of the difference), and I don't think there should be any wordmark under the logo itself. I think I'd maybe leave the notches out of the arrowhead aswell (to contrast the roughness of KCs arrowhead.)

Otherwise....fricking outstanding.

(edit....looked at this thread, and for some reason only saw page 1 when I replied....the 'final' version's colours are perfect. Infact, almost everything is...though I agree about losing the red on the face, and I still think it'd be fine sans wordmark. But again...awesome!)

Chad Dukes of WFAN of Washington DC loves this logo

how do you know this?

Apparently one of his friends/fans sent it to him and he posted it via facebook. One of the guys in the comments posted the thread link, too.

I know Chad Dukes personally from his days in Phoenix, AZ, and I was the one who posted the link

Well I think its cool that Chad Dukes appreciates it....... I think better yet it should be delivered to Mr. Snyders marketing department directly, although I will admit that with all of the calls to remove the "Redskin" terminology from the team over the last few years it could create a stir. Coming to the game late Davidson and really appreciate the quality of your product. Had you thought about just making the spearhead with the "W" and somehow shape the trailing feather to resemble an "R". Kinda going back to the oldschool helmet but with a Davidson twist without the indian represented.

Archived