Top 10 Favorite Sports Logos

A-Train

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ironic, though, because minor league is what I think of when I see their current logo.

The Ducks current look, to me, feels incomplete. Yeah, I've grown used to it and such, but there needs to be a duck as part of the identity, be it the old duck mask logo or something new altogether. It just doesn't feel right without.

The wordmark is nicely designed, but it's too weak to be the team's primary mark. The standalone webfoot 'D' by itself is a good logo - and I would have added it to my top 10 if I hadn't given myself a one-per-team limit - but it's still not strong enough by itself.

All of the other animal named or themed franchises - the Thrashers, Bruins, Penguins, Wild, Panthers, Preds, Sharks, Coyotes, all have at least one logo featuring their namesake animal (yes, I'm aware that Wilds and Predators aren't the names of animal species, but whatever). Their primary logos feel alive. A wordmark does not.

I'd love to see a flying duck on the front of the jersey, so I went and developed my own rebrand for the team, which can be found here (Scroll to the bottom for the current revision).

In no particular order:

299.gif457.gif0iu3h5pjaqmhp9svx7gt.gif5776.gif5593.gif

6526.gifqq6jhhi515f6i5d38errfwyr1.gif795.gifiujd65xfkrfaovlu1hzd17kst.gif1543.gif

The memphis grizzly bear head almost made my list too... I'm usually put off somewhat by excessively mean/dour facial expressions on mascots/logos, but the memphis bear is so angry looking he kinda comes around the other side again, so to speak. Great logo....would be pretty sweet for a hockey jersey.

My top 10 from the 4 major sports leagues in no particular order:

2m7tz2iv8wjusqs6ob11nznri.gifv2cs63mhao1kv2mfu2ybjr4fp.gifh7yvwsji2bngl8v6n0o4o3x9k.gif1.gife0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif4573.gif314.gif377.gifhsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gifm4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak.gif

Not very accurate after being reminded of some great logos.

Whoa... The Blue Jackets bug? Craziness... I thought that, like my beloved Ducks current wordmark, was one of those logos that was just universally despised. I think it's kind of cool that so many people are including the Mighty Ducks logo in their top 10 though! Out of the Top 5 North American leagues and college, that's over 400 teams right there (counting the minors as well), and it's an honor to see my Ducks get so much love!

But the Blue Jackets bug?? That's just craziness!! =P LOVE the Sonics, Twins, Bengals, Brewers and ESPECIALLY that cool Maryland flag-inspired Ravens logo!

My top 10 from the 4 major sports leagues in no particular order:

2m7tz2iv8wjusqs6ob11nznri.gifv2cs63mhao1kv2mfu2ybjr4fp.gifh7yvwsji2bngl8v6n0o4o3x9k.gif1.gife0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif4573.gif314.gif377.gifhsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gifm4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak.gif

Not very accurate after being reminded of some great logos.

Whoa... The Blue Jackets bug? Craziness... I thought that, like my beloved Ducks current wordmark, was one of those logos that was just universally despised. I think it's kind of cool that so many people are including the Mighty Ducks logo in their top 10 though! Out of the Top 5 North American leagues and college, that's over 400 teams right there (counting the minors as well), and it's an honor to see my Ducks get so much love!

But the Blue Jackets bug?? That's just craziness!! =P LOVE the Sonics, Twins, Bengals, Brewers and ESPECIALLY that cool Maryland flag-inspired Ravens logo!

I'm ok with bluejacket bee too... It ain't making any top ten lists for me or anything, but I like it. Actually have a stuffed toy version of the Bee sitting in my room from my first trip to a jackets game. I have only hate, however, for the red-T blue jays logo. One of the worst ever IMO.

m4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak.gifqhb9hgiqcevh4g7n1ggk3peje.gifcwffwzpd0ph8sf0wkaqy.gifcwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.gif7h10eo9pslb5ox52gyug.gif

5969.gif79.gife0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif247.gif2668.gif

Thats a couple votes for the new lions logo, eh? I prefer the old one myself... I guess the new one is still solid, benefiting from the great stance and colours of the old... I'd say best would be inbetween....less thunder-cat-ish, but slightly more detailed then the previous one.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better update of a "classic" logo. All that happened to it was a few highlights, yet it does so much and turns it into something they can use for at least another 20 years.

Archived