Top 10 Favorite Sports Logos

A-Train

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

m4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak.gifqhb9hgiqcevh4g7n1ggk3peje.gifcwffwzpd0ph8sf0wkaqy.gifcwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.gif7h10eo9pslb5ox52gyug.gif

5969.gif79.gife0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif247.gif2668.gif

Thats a couple votes for the new lions logo, eh? I prefer the old one myself... I guess the new one is still solid, benefiting from the great stance and colours of the old... I'd say best would be inbetween....less thunder-cat-ish, but slightly more detailed then the previous one.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better update of a "classic" logo. All that happened to it was a few highlights, yet it does so much and turns it into something they can use for at least another 20 years.

Agreed. Well I would say that the Arizona Cardinals' update is right up there too.

m4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak.gifqhb9hgiqcevh4g7n1ggk3peje.gifcwffwzpd0ph8sf0wkaqy.gifcwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.gif7h10eo9pslb5ox52gyug.gif

Thats a couple votes for the new lions logo, eh? I prefer the old one myself... I guess the new one is still solid, benefiting from the great stance and colours of the old... I'd say best would be inbetween....less thunder-cat-ish, but slightly more detailed then the previous one.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better update of a "classic" logo. All that happened to it was a few highlights, yet it does so much and turns it into something they can use for at least another 20 years.

Agreed. Well I would say that the Arizona Cardinals' update is right up there too.

Really? Outside of several lion-fan friends of mine, I never new people were into the lions update at all. You guys like the uniform/number font/wordmark changes aswell? Personally, I thought they had it just about perfect in the barry sanders-era (and the thanksgiving day set is one of my favorite football uniforms ever.)

wcq5l2h3sugh536gzg9pqya8e.gifhtsdmqncssnjpmmv814usu81g.gif4nlaen3fgtkwiqgivisid6h4u.gifaa65jz06hggyuale7xmkeefka.gif370.gif951.gif1041.gif232.gifdhhc15gfgtog1qo5b5uwpz8h0.gif391.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Really? Outside of several lion-fan friends of mine, I never new people were into the lions update at all. You guys like the uniform/number font/wordmark changes aswell? Personally, I thought they had it just about perfect in the barry sanders-era (and the thanksgiving day set is one of my favorite football uniforms ever.)

Yes, really. I also like the current uniforms. The previous set, I admit, sucked. They just slapped black on the uniform set without rhyme or reason. The current set, however, standardizes the striping pattern, and thus the black is fully integrated, much to the uniform set's benefit. I don't mind the new wordmark, either, just because it's an original design and not simply another variation of the same theme we've seen with the Broncos, Bengals, Falcons, Texans, Seahawks, and Jaguars. I'll give you this, though. I'm not crazy about the new number font.

The Sanders era look was alright, but it was starting to show its age. The Thanksgiving throwbacks? Well I'm someone who appreciates more traditional uniform designs, but even I have to say the Lions' Thanksgiving throwbacks are WAY to plain.

Here's my favorite 10 logos :woot:

logos.png

Wow dude. That's quite a variety of logos you have there. So who's your favorite team? :lol:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

124.giffor12dfd4agde8ldpkzg.gif

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gifeewkmr2dm6z8dv264huzwid6e.gif

e0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gifllrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif

wsghhaxkh5qq0hdkbt1b5se41.gif994.gif

qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0.gifzqwgafkcdfamqumx0x5j3ddre.gif

Whoa.

You are honestly the first person I have ever seen publicly acknowledge that you like the Ducks new wordmark logo... I thought it was universally hated. Guess I was wrong! I'm curious though - what is it about the "logo" that you like?

Also, props for giving another Anaheim team (the Angels) love!!!

ps) HATERS - Before you start popping off about how I'm "bashing" someone for their taste - I'm NOT. I am legitimately curious as to why someone from Montreal (home to one of the greatest logos in sports - one that routinely wins hockey logo contests) likes what is considered by most sports fans as "the worst "logo" in the NHL"! I am not HATING! So don't even go there, ok?

Haha I love the pre-hate hate here =) I'm with you though, to me it is pretty average. You can't account for taste I guess. The D looks alright, I think they could do something with that.

124.giffor12dfd4agde8ldpkzg.gif

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gifeewkmr2dm6z8dv264huzwid6e.gif

e0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gifllrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif

wsghhaxkh5qq0hdkbt1b5se41.gif994.gif

qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0.gifzqwgafkcdfamqumx0x5j3ddre.gif

Whoa.

You are honestly the first person I have ever seen publicly acknowledge that you like the Ducks new wordmark logo... I thought it was universally hated. Guess I was wrong! I'm curious though - what is it about the "logo" that you like?

Also, props for giving another Anaheim team (the Angels) love!!!

ps) HATERS - Before you start popping off about how I'm "bashing" someone for their taste - I'm NOT. I am legitimately curious as to why someone from Montreal (home to one of the greatest logos in sports - one that routinely wins hockey logo contests) likes what is considered by most sports fans as "the worst "logo" in the NHL"! I am not HATING! So don't even go there, ok?

Haha I love the pre-hate hate here =) I'm with you though, to me it is pretty average. You can't account for taste I guess. The D looks alright, I think they could do something with that.

Just right click on the thumbnail, go to 'properties', copy the url, paste it in the "insert image" box.

edit---oops quoted the wrong post.

Just right click on the thumbnail, go to 'properties', copy the url, paste it in the "insert image" box.

edit---oops quoted the wrong post.

Thanks heaps! Here are my favourite NBA logos I think!

[1]hj3gmh82w9hffmeh3fjm5h874.gif[2]slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif[3]lgv5ssjmmchyoe66kkvh0tlzd.gif[4]cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

[5]wngsuqhi4laygst4ffe8wfeti.gif[6]5ggk1t3vhjd19mm1hp5xvn05t.gif[7]827.gif[8]qq6jhhi515f6i5d38errfwyr1.gif

[9]8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif[10]6knfe8lffkm40auemws7iev9m.gif

Here are my top ten (in no particular order). There were a lot of tough decisions, but these were just the first 10 that I thought of.

Top10.png

I used only my logos from the pros because there are a lot of really cool logos from the minor leagues, colleges, etc.

Ok, ok... so here are my actual favorite (and non-Cornhusker logos). So these would technically be like #11-20 I guess, in no particular order.

2426.gifo4gdbgmehb7eh9beafqannlto.gif2596.gifjr3mlbvee6196tngfnh6u4uxs.gif1034.gif

1.gif444.gifqhb9hgiqcevh4g7n1ggk3peje.gif5635.gifxvecn8obd0o0tzfjc1su.gif

I'm probably gonna catch flack for Anaheim and the Pistons, but I don't care. I think they look good and they're instantly recognizable.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived