Top 10 Favorite Sports Logos

A-Train

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea how many people like the Mighty Ducks logo... As a Ducks fan, I would always get crap for opposing fans because my team had a "cartoon" logo.. But it's almost everyone's Top 10 logos of ALL TIME, so that says something, especially with teams like the Blackhawks, Canadians, Whalers, Wild (even though I hate their logo), etc. in the NHL...

That being said - it makes me even more upset that the Samueli's (bless their hearts) re-branded the team with arguably the WORST logo in the National Hockey League. I really, really, really hope they don't screw up the Ducks new third jersey this season (they will.) Ugh... I can't wait to see what they unveil!

...which reminds me of the last time I was this psyched on a logo unveiling: The OKC Blunder. I totally was expecting that sweet gold and black Barons logo to be unveiled.. and then we get...

THE DORITOS LOGO!??

Such a letdown.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I had no idea how many people like the Mighty Ducks logo... As a Ducks fan, I would always get crap for opposing fans because my team had a "cartoon" logo.. But it's almost everyone's Top 10 logos of ALL TIME, so that says something, especially with teams like the Blackhawks, Canadians, Whalers, Wild (even though I hate their logo), etc. in the NHL...

That being said - it makes me even more upset that the Samueli's (bless their hearts) re-branded the team with arguably the WORST logo in the National Hockey League. I really, really, really hope they don't screw up the Ducks new third jersey this season (they will.) Ugh... I can't wait to see what they unveil!

If you don't like it, that's fine. In no way is it the worst in the NHL though.

The Islanders & Oilers (outdated marks that are only still around because of dynasty teams), Sabres (hopefully the Buffaslug is gone for good with the start of the upcoming season), Predators (way to busy, even with the change in colour scheme), and the Senators and Canucks (logos that don't reflect the actual names of the teams) are all worse.

I would say that at worst the new Ducks mark (which I would say is much better then the kiddy Mighty Ducks logo) is middle of the pack.

The Islanders & Oilers (outdated marks that are only still around because of dynasty teams), Sabres (hopefully the Buffaslug is gone for good with the start of the upcoming season), Predators (way to busy, even with the change in colour scheme), and the Senators and Canucks (logos that don't reflect the actual names of the teams) are all worse.

I would say that at worst the new Ducks mark (which I would say is much better then the kiddy Mighty Ducks logo) is middle of the pack.

- Islanders: I love their logo. But I'm a member of the traditionalists, so that's why.

- Oilers: Ditto.

- Sabres: Couldn't agree more with you.

- Predators: I think their logo is middle of the pack. It's not excellent, but it's not terrible.

- Senators: Agreed. They went from the best expansion logo of the modern era (1988-present) to a stupid 3D cartoon. Such a heartbreak.

- Canucks: Give me Johnny Canuck and they instantly have one of the BEST logos in the game.

These are the worst NHL logos IMO (that weren't already mentioned by you):

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gif17.gif36.gifwu3ye02b5udoc89bk4pvf8rvn.gif64.gifoxahxcheae4mgu4wopqj9ydhy.gif

And, upon until their recent re-brand, THIS was the WORST logo in the history of the NHL IMHO:

4573.gif

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Mania! There's just no accounting for taste. Probably be pretty boring if we all agreed...

I love the oilers logo, its one of the best IMO. Like the islanders alot too. The slug was easily the worst; the original sabres logo is outstanding. Preds and senetors suck, I agree with you there....but no more or less (actually, maybe less) then the ducks wordmark. I love the canucks logo -- killer whale/native design is geographically appropriate, and unique...

I was just looking at the MLS logos that are currently being used, and I must say... very impressive. The MLS went from a joke of a league (aesthetically and on the field) with teams like the Rapids, Earthquakes (circa 2000), Fusion, Metrostars, Mutiny, etc.

But looking at the league now, they have some solid branding. My faves:

03zmnqeyastoeb3leeyoen7kr.gif97yz6vcggd25lhyswy2fgvhfz.giffh2zuazxowfce3vven7kvfp3m.gifumsypmvh1fcxyefrqcfio0yfy.gifwcwwzw1ysgmdcgkguwof.gifqee7soq7augbn2jofb315sw1i.gif0gfaomjubvw58whdep6w.gif

Granted, they still have some corny logos, the league has improved dramatically since its inception.

I mean, look at this: 6994.gif

Yuck!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Man....obviously a tough list to make. After A LOT of thought and research...

cwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.gif8gite6ot2w7olxh7nvxbkvfgw.gift96oee4doe8n2oxaft7f.gif2xd2efir5fdew26px6kx.gifrviy7fbgmhz5ht2dpgo6q0jfu.gif

144.gif6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gifgslck9lvx0zsa76rumms6ga7g.gif970.gif1029.gif

Probably going to get a lot of flack for listing the Sabres logo...

And I like how I looked through EVERY sport and minor league team for logos, and I still ended up only choosing current ones from the main "popular" leagues. ;P

HybridLogos-NBA-Timberwolves.png?t=1336836952

Archived