NHL 2010-2011 alt jersey mock-ups

habsfan1

Ducks

Icethetics has it on good authority that the jersey will be black with the standalone "D" logo front and center on the chest. No wordmarks! The sleeve striping will be similar to that of the black jersey but with orange cuffs.

Most intriguing is the return of the classic Mighty Ducks logo inside an oval-shaped shoulder patch, recolored in orange and gold of course. In addition, the jersey features orange piping around the shoulders as well as orange, white and gold piping up and down the sides a la the Flames' jerseys.

DucksAltMockUp.png

Sabres

We also have new details on the Sabres' new third jersey. It's royal blue and celebrates the history of Buffalo hockey with a vintage white script across the chest inspired by the old Buffalo Bisons club. Beneath the script and set to the right side is the Sabres' 40th anniversary mark ? the retro logo with 19 and 70 inside the blue circle.

The striping is somewhat unusual. Both the sleeves and bottom of the sweater feature two sets of yellow double-stripes ? for a total of four stripes each around the sleeves an waist, perhaps symbolic of each decade the team has existed. The collar is yellow with vintage white laces.

Not sure at the moment whether the front of the jersey will feature the sweater number. However, the numbers will be vintage white with blue cross-stitching inside, as seen in graphics displayed on the Sabres' website. The nameplate on the back will be gold with royal blue lettering.

SabresAltMockUp.png

That Anaheim one actually looks pretty darn good, for that EDGE template.

The Buffalo one is awesome-looking - aside from "Pominville", lol. I think the Sabres' "1970" logo there is going to be underneath & to the right of the script, and a bit bigger.

Can't wait until they're all unveiled.

Ducks

Icethetics has it on good authority that the jersey will be black with the standalone "D" logo front and center on the chest. No wordmarks! The sleeve striping will be similar to that of the black jersey but with orange cuffs.

Most intriguing is the return of the classic Mighty Ducks logo inside an oval-shaped shoulder patch, recolored in orange and gold of course. In addition, the jersey features orange piping around the shoulders as well as orange, white and gold piping up and down the sides a la the Flames' jerseys.

DucksAltMockUp.png

Amazing.

I absolutely LOATHE the Ducks new logo. I have HATED every single concept which has used the webbed "D" foot as a primary, but what you've done here just "pops" ! Nicely friggin done. I would buy this uni in a HEARTBEAT!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Looks like a pretty decent mockup for the Ducks. Nice to see the old logo making a return in some form :D It's also about time the standalone D took centre stage on a jersey.

Not sure if I'm completely keen on the side piping, but maybe it's one of those things that will look better in person. Although I do like how this mockup of yours puts more emphasis on orange as a secondary rather than a tertiary colour like the home and road uniforms (weird seeing as orange is the team's "favourite" colour)

If it looks as good as this though, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Wow! If this is what the Ducks are doing and consider an alternate jersey, then it's an epic failure. It's just the same friggin' crappy jersey they are currently wearing with added piping. Total and complete crap if this is indeed their jersey. I'm glad I have tickets to that game and hope the Blackhawks show them what a winner and a classic jersey looks like! GO HAWKS!!!

Wow! If this is what the Ducks are doing and consider an alternate jersey, then it's an epic failure. It's just the same friggin' crappy jersey they are currently wearing with added piping. Total and complete crap if this is indeed their jersey. I'm glad I have tickets to that game and hope the Blackhawks show them what a winner and a classic jersey looks like! GO HAWKS!!!

Hahahahahaha, wow your stupid. This is nothing like the home uni. Here are the changes:

1) Instead of the word-mark, its the webbed "D"

2) There are shoulder logos

3) Different Piping

4) More Orange

Just because these 3rds aren't really boring, doesn't mean there bad!

Although I DO like this new Ducks third... I wish they would do something more like this:

anaheimDucks_icethetics.jpg

And used the webbed "D" on the shoulders as a tertiary... Maybe put the current primary on the back of the neck above the NOB... Just a suggestion. I mean, a team named the "Ducks" should, you know, have a FRIGGIN DUCK somewhere on their sweater!!! I've always hoped the Ducks would do something Penguins-esque, but alas.. it may never happen. A boy can, however, dream... ^_^

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I mean, a team named the "Ducks" should, you know, have a FRIGGIN DUCK somewhere on their sweater!!!

Damn right.

As for what they are using now: it's not a badly designed wordmark, but it's bearing the weight of being the team's primary mark, and is far too weak for that. The standalone webfoot "D" I've really grown to like, but there are a lot of folks who can't even tell what it's supposed to be, so again, it's still not strong enough by itself.

If the D was moved to the shoulders and a really awesome looking duck logo was put on the front of the current jerseys, I wouldn't have any complaints. Buut I don't think that concept above is really the way to go. Looks a bit too realistic - and also a bit clipart-ish for my liking :P

Also, as for Habsfan1's Sabres mockup, looks like that wasn't far off at all! Although we have yet to see what the numbering font will really look like.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I mean, a team named the "Ducks" should, you know, have a FRIGGIN DUCK somewhere on their sweater!!!

Damn right.

As for what they are using now: it's not a badly designed wordmark, but it's bearing the weight of being the team's primary mark, and is far too weak for that. The standalone webfoot "D" I've really grown to like, but there are a lot of folks who can't even tell what it's supposed to be, so again, it's still not strong enough by itself.

If the D was moved to the shoulders and a really awesome looking duck logo was put on the front of the current jerseys, I wouldn't have any complaints. Buut I don't think that concept above is really the way to go. Looks a bit too realistic - and also a bit clipart-ish for my liking :P

Also, as for Habsfan1's Sabres mockup, looks like that wasn't far off at all! Although we have yet to see what the numbering font will really look like.

MY guess is that it will be identical to the open stitch (correct term?) that they have on their website advertising the sweater's launch...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Rangers

Reebok verifies the news we've all been dying to hear. The Rangers will wear an alternate jersey next season. But will it be the Lady Liberty logo make her glorious return?

The answer is no. Icethetics has discovered that the Rangers will wear a navy blue third jersey, with NEW YORK emblazoned in red, diagonal text down the front. However, it's not the typeface we're used to seeing on the Rangers. It's more of a "retro" font, if you will ? straight (not italic) with a vintage white stroke on the letters.

In addition, there is a thick red stripe that wraps around the sleeves and bottom of the jersey, bordered in thinner vintage white stripes. The collar is vintage white with vintage white laces and the little Reebok triangle is red.

RangersAltMockUp.png

Archived