MLB:

1st: Tampa Bay Rays

2nd:Arizona Diamondbacks

3rd: Atlanta Braves

NFL:

1st: Tampa Bay Bucs

2nd: Arizona Cardinals/Buffalo Bills

NBA:

None really. I don't follow the NBA just NCAA basketball, but Magic if I had to choose.

NHL:

1st: Tampa Bay Lightning

2nd: Toronto Maple Leafs

NCAA:

1st: Niagara Purple Eagles

2nd: USF Bulls

Others:

AFL Tampa Bay Storm (huge fan)

UFL Florida Tuskers

CFL Toronto Argos

niagaraq.png

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mlb

First team- new york yankees

Dont have a second team

Nfl

First team- new york giants

second team-houston texans (love their logo/uniforms and i just feel bad for them. They have been on the verge of becoming a playoff contender the past few seasons but havent quite gotten it all together yet)

Nhl

First team- new york rangers

second team- as a 90s kid i loved the mighty ducks movies and the first one inspired me to start playing hockey and ive been playing since. But since the identity change i have lost that soft spot i had for them. I really like the new third jersey though. Im hoping that D becomes the primary mark.

MLB:

1st: Minnesota Twins

2nd: Los Angeles Dodgers (son of a Brooklyn/LA Dodgers fan)

NFL:

1st: Green Bay Packers

2nd: Indianapolis Colts (have visited Indy a number of times, and was struck by how much they love their Colts)

NHL:

1st: Minnesota Wild

2nd: Montreal Canadiens (son of a Habs fan, and always dug their logo)

European football:

1st: Arsenal FC

2nd: Inter Milan (their nickname is "Il Biscione", which roughly translates as, you guessed it, "Viper")

NLL:

1st: Minnesota Swarm

2nd: Toronto Rock (only Canadian team that's not a Swarm division rival)

I only follow MLS on-and-off, but I suppose I should add them too:

1st: Colorado Rapids (Arsenal affiliate; having just won the MLS Cup doesn't hurt either :) )

2nd: Philadelphia Union (lovin' me those Union kits)

CCSLC signature.png

I don't really "cheer" for two teams in any sport that play on any semblance of a regular basis (except college). Examples are the Cubs and Twins. I grew up outside Chicago, and am a huge Cubs fan. I now live in Minnesota, so follow the Twins. I, however, wouldn't consider myself a big fan of the Twins.

NCAA sports are an exception. I went to school at Northern Michigan University, which has D-I hockey, and now live in Bemidji, where Bemidji State Univversity (also D-I in hockey) is located. They had never played each other, however, until last year, with BSU winning one and the teams tieing the other game. That was in Marquette, MI, and I wasn't able to go to the games. Now, this weekend, NMU will be in town to play BSU. While I certainly have a huge connection to my alma mater, I wen t school there 14 years ago, and haven't lived in Michigan since that time. Meanwhile, I've lived in Bemidji for 11 years, and have followed BSU hockey (covering it for a radio show I do) quite closely. It certainly puts me in a tough spot...

• 4 weeks later...

NHL

Favorite: Maple Leafs

Second: Blue Jackets. The closest thing I have to a "local" team is Detroit but yeah... no. Gotta show love for my state.

NFL

Favorite: Browns

Second: Texans. Girlfriend is from the Houston area, I'm a sucker for the team that's looking for their first trip to the postseason and I really like their color scheme.

MLB

Favorite: Indians

Second: Reds. If one Ohio team can't be successful, I'll cheer for the other one, especially if they're not a divisional opponent.

NBA

Favorite: Cavaliers

Second: Suns. I've liked them since the days of KJ, Barkley and Chambers. Went to several games when I lived in the Valley.

NCAA

Favorite: Ohio State

Second: Air Force. Former flyboy, naturally they're my pick of the services.

Soccer

Favorite: Aston Villa

Second: Crystal Palace. In case it wasn't obvious, I dig red and blue. Plus they've got a cool name and chose their original colors from kits they borrowed from Villa.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

NHL

Favorite: Maple Leafs

Second: Blue Jackets. The closest thing I have to a "local" team is Detroit but yeah... no. Gotta show love for my state.

NFL

Favorite: Browns

Second: Texans. Girlfriend is from the Houston area, I'm a sucker for the team that's looking for their first trip to the postseason and I really like their color scheme.

MLB

Favorite: Indians

Second: Reds. If one Ohio team can't be successful, I'll cheer for the other one, especially if they're not a divisional opponent.

NBA

Favorite: Cavaliers

Second: Suns. I've liked them since the days of KJ, Barkley and Chambers. Went to several games when I lived in the Valley.

NCAA

Favorite: Ohio State

Second: Air Force. Former flyboy, naturally they're my pick of the services.

Soccer

Favorite: Aston Villa

Second: Crystal Palace. In case it wasn't obvious, I dig red and blue. Plus they've got a cool name and chose their original colors from kits they borrowed from Villa.

I like you. lol :P

6fQjS3M.png

MLB: Red Sox (Merely respected them for years until El Guapo made an appearance and it's been love ever since)

Second team- Rockies

NFL: Cowboys

Second team- Broncos

NHL: Flames

Second team- Penguins

Third team- Bruins

NBA: Celtics

Second team- Bucks (I've never understood my love of them, but I think the Irish Rainbow unis from my childhood played a big part in it)

My family's from the northeast and I dated a girl from Colorado, so that sort of explains how I got interested in these teams.

In the NFL and MLB, I have two teams (Bears/Chargers and White Sox/Padres) but don't consider either of them first or second. I support them equally. In the NHL and NBA, that's not an issue since San Diego doesn't have teams for either.

As for college sports, my #1 is Arizona and #2 is Florida State.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

in the sprit of the opening post, i have to say that my second teams (the only leagues where i have a second team) in the mlb and nhl have changed.

in the nhl it was pittsburgh but now i'm kinda digging the philly fliers. i used to like the pens as my first team, but then 1996 and game 6 of the western conference finals happened where kris draper's face got an improvement and i have been a big avs fan since then (i still hate detroit. mostly because its detroit. partly because of their cccp uniforms). why dump on the pens? two words- sidney crosby. i don't see it possible to want the pens to do well but its face of the franchise fail miserably every time he hits the ice.

in baseball it was the o's but now its kinda the cleveland indians. partially because my dad is an indians fan, and back in 2008 it didn't hurt when the tribe signed kerry wood and traded for mark derosa that year. i mainly fell off the o's when they started doing worse after they got that playoff game stolen from them by the yankees in 97,98 whenever it was. also surprising it is not really baltimore anymore even though it seems to me that they are a constant cubs trading partner. its funny that i would have an al team as a second because i hate the american league and the designated hitter.

NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs

2nd: Columbus Blue Jackets

NBA: Toronto Raptors

2nd: Dallas Mavericks (sort of)

NFL: Philadelphia Eagles

2nd: Denver Broncos or San Diego Chargers

NCAA: Florida Gators

2nd: No one

CFL: Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2nd: Whoever beats the Argos

OCAA: Mohawk Mountaineers

2nd: No one, but most definitely NOT Redeemer!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

NBA-1st: Boston Celtics

2nd: Minnesota Timberwolves (KG has been my favorite individual player since he was drafted)

NFL-1st: Cincinnati Bengals

2nd: New England Patriots (root for these 2 teams evenly through the year until they play each other)

NHL-1st: Boston Bruins

2nd: Minnesota Wild (love their logo, and adopted them when KG was still in Minnesota)

MLB-1st: Boston Red Sox

2nd: Any underdog like the Pirates, Royals, or Padres. Also kind of like the Rays because of my last name.

Archived