Lakers' Matt Barnes Arrested for Domestic Violence

Rockstar Matt

Didn't know exactly where to put this info, but as I just saw it, thought it should be noted.

But, what a great way to end the off-season, eh? Barnes getting arrested for domestic violence... Hopefully he can learn a thing or two from Artest on how to keep a level head, we'll need that this year in our run to a 3-peat.

What are your guys' thoughts on this news?

Here's where I found it: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5549456

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Speaking on what could be considered personal experience with this type of thing, as well as some research I've done, I think there's a good chance he was unfairly arrested. Based on several incidents I have read about, it sounds like the male is almost always presumed guilty on domestic violence calls because, other things aside, he usually has more capacity to do damage. This, of course, is unfair, and leads to women abusing the law enforcement system, the court system, etc. to do what they want to do.

"Barnes was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of domestic violence ... "

In other words, he was arrested without really being proven guilty yet.

And if you notice, both he and the woman were found to be injured, but only he was arrested. It is claimed that it was "proven" that he was the aggressor... I really wonder how they did that.

But to specifically answer your question about what I think of this... I think there is a good chance that Barnes (like so many other men) was unjustly arrested and that he is only 50% responsible for what happened, yet the woman is walking around freely with people feeling sorry for her.

And more relevant to NBA, I doubt it will affect anything. I would be surprised if Barnes misses more than a couple of games for this, and even if he does it's probably just going to be for court dates. Domestic violence is so blown out of proportion in this country that I almost equate it to a speeding ticket. It's so easy to be "guilty" of it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Speaking on what could be considered personal experience with this type of thing, as well as some research I've done, I think there's a good chance he was unfairly arrested. Based on several incidents I have read about, it sounds like the male is almost always presumed guilty on domestic violence calls because, other things aside, he usually has more capacity to do damage. This, of course, is unfair, and leads to women abusing the law enforcement system, the court system, etc. to do what they want to do.

"Barnes was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of domestic violence ... "

In other words, he was arrested without really being proven guilty yet.

That's because they don't have to prove him guilty to arrest him that's what the trial (if it goes that far) is for.

Archived