New Orleans Saints super bowl patch

sportsfan9580

Any reason for wearing white at home?

Doesn't look all that great. I wish more home teams would wear their dark jerseys.

I guess it's because they wore white in the Super Bowl. They were their black top/gold pants in their home playoff games last year.

Editing to add: The Saints wore white in their first 3 home games last year

Since Sean Payton took over in '06, the Saints have worn white in their first 3 or 4 home games and then worn the black for the remaining home games. I know Brees says he prefers the white jerseys because he says he sees the receivers better.

There's an easy compromise for this situation....

04.jpg

:D

6uXNWAo.png

i don't know if i'm looking for subtlety for subtlety's sake but i see the outline of the Superdome just behind the Fleur de leis but for some reason the gold part resembles the Alamo to me. Perhaps a subtle thank you to San Antonio for taking care of the team during a difficult time? Or am i just looking for things that don't exist?

The latter

I don't think most New Orleanians see San Antonio as "taking care of the team" but rather as the city that tried to steal the Saints in our darkest hour...

04.jpg

I was hoping the Saints would warm up in their white jerseys only to come out of the tunnel wearing these. And against the same (well, not quite) Minnesota Vikings? It made too much sense. Oh well. A man can dream, right?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

04.jpg

I was hoping the Saints would warm up in their white jerseys only to come out of the tunnel wearing these. And against the same (well, not quite) Minnesota Vikings? It made too much sense. Oh well. A man can dream, right?

If we never see the gold jerseys or the black pants again that would be fine with me. Now gold jerseys with white pants and helmet? That could look sweet.

CalvinJohnson.jpg

NOsaintsgolds.png

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived