Davidson ripped off?

RedEye

Is there any possibility that Davidson actually did this logo for them? Is it possible that someone contacted him (possibly through the boards) and asked him to modify his own logo for them? I know it's doubtful, since (I don't think) he does a lot of sports identities (at least professionally) but just wanted to throw it out there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there any possibility that Davidson actually did this logo for them? Is it possible that someone contacted him (possibly through the boards) and asked him to modify his own logo for them? I know it's doubtful, since (I don't think) he does a lot of sports identities (at least professionally) but just wanted to throw it out there.

I don't think that is the case here. Other than the basic shape of the head and the other parts that weren't changed at all, the rest of it doesn't look like Davidson's work, especially the wordmark and the swords behind the shield. There are also highlights in the helmet and some other things that look a little sloppy.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Funny. I saw a link to this logo on Uniwatch this morning, just as a 'Hey, heads up! There's a team with a new logo in this league!' and I immediately thought, 'Wow, that looks like Fraser Davidson's style a little bit," having not seen the Conquistadors logo previously, of course.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well the the way the logo was made, plus the way it was presented, sure looks like a Davidson piece.

EDIT: nvm, joshmings confirmed it

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Fraser did both the Americans and Rebels.

As far as the Sioux Falls logo, I think everyone should hold off until Davidson says something about it.

While I'm with you on this...don't you think the guy working with him who passed the message along from him would have said that earlier? I'm all for waiting but just pointing that out.

wow, nothing gets past you guys. thanks very much for the support and (mac) the email to the club.

just to clarify:

-im aware of the situation.

-the guy who made the logo a while back sent me it a while back mentioning the team. as im not au fait with minor league hockey, i didnt really pay much attention as i assumed it was a piece of concept art or work for a fantasy team.

-he later wrote to me saying that the team was going to use it. only then did i realise this was to be the commercial use of the logo.

-the guy who made the logo clearly didnt know what he was doing was wrong, and hes clearly very excited about the use of 'our' logo.

-i have contacted the team as this is a clear violation of copyright.

-ill keep you posted.

thanks again for the heads up and the support.

fd

All taken care of now. The team and designer concerned were extremely helpful in rectifying the problem. As I mentioned, this wasn't a malicious act of any sort, just a slight misunderstanding regarding the purpose of the design.

Again thanks to the board folks for flagging this and bringing it to the attention of all parties.

The result is that the Musketeers will be using the logo above from next season.

Cheers

Fraser

All taken care of now. The team and designer concerned were extremely helpful in rectifying the problem. As I mentioned, this wasn't a malicious act of any sort, just a slight misunderstanding regarding the purpose of the design.

Again thanks to the board folks for flagging this and bringing it to the attention of all parties.

The result is that the Musketeers will be using the logo above from next season.

Cheers

Fraser

Great news!

6fQjS3M.png

Cheers

Fraser

wut?

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

Cheers

Fraser

wut?

Yeah. I'm kind of confused as to what this meant too. I'm assuming that they will use the new logo going forward and that some arrangement was agreed upon.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived