NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

I am 99% certain Bush's jersey is a leftover from when Reebok made the Saints' jerseys in the late 90s. They had that same font. That was the year(s) the road jerseys had gold numbers with a huge outline. I guess they found that jersey lying around so they slapped an NFL Equipment patch on it and took the pictures.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey BigDub, you do a great job with those concepts. If you have a chance sometime, I've wondered what the Saints' current uni would look like with two changes: the original gold and the original blk/whi/blk pants stripe. IMO those two relatively minor changes would make their set just outstanding.

P.S. Nice ring. biggrin.gif Did you buy some chances in the raffle?

It's funny you should ask because I did this pic of Reggie, like 2 days ago thinking about the same thing. I don't think the team would ever revert back to the original 'mustard' gold that they used in the 60's but I would like to see them unify the golds and make them a bit richer like that used by the 49ers, before the switch last year. I can understand the 49ers, wanting to re-capture a nice era in their uniform history but they could have at least left out the khaki pants and gray facemask. The Saints, on the other hand I don't see changing anytime soon especially since we just won our first SB in these threads. Even though some teams have tweaked and or changed unis following a SB win, I don't think that applies to us right now. Then again I can't see by us re-vamping the striping and getting to 'one' gold as a complete shock to anyone who pays as much attention to detail as some of us on here do!

NFLConcept-ReggieDkGold.png

My only concern with these pants stripes is that they're inconsistent with the helmet stripes. Otherwise they look good, similar to what LSU wears now. And theirs is a mismatch with the helmet too.

LSU+v+Alabama+AfgHBGnCX6ll.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived