NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

The Redskins gold pants are nice. But I am surprised they didn't use a matching stripe, that would've been VERY nice. I'm also surprised about those socks. Another plus is, it almost makes the dumb yellow facemask bearable.

And the Eagles beautiful kelly green beats the holy snot outta their recent dark n' ugly green.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles look alright. They should bring back the kelly green though and just put them with the uniforms they have now.

Usually I love all things throwback and old school and I'm a fan of "boring and simple" uniforms. That said, I didn't think the Eagles throwbacks were all that great. I liked them but not as much as I thought I would. The kelly green really works. I agree with Mr. Wolf, use the kelly green and I'd add the throwback number font on the current set. That would look great.

I've always felt that the Redskins looked their best back in the 70s with the gold helmets & gold pants. I feel the same way now. The Skins look REALLY sharp with the gold pants. Very nice look for them.

Those gold pants were killer. They would have looked even better with the gold "R" helmet. I used to think the white pants looked great with the burgundy jerseys...until tonight. The Redskins need to make those pants permanent for both home and away.

I hate the deadskins and cowgirls so much, I don't enjoy what I'm looking at no matter what.

Deadskins? Cowgirls? Really?

The Giants patch is horrendous.

Who the hell thought that thing was a good idea? It may not be the worst patch ever but it's gotta be in the discussion.

Finally, why won't Buffalo do anything about those God-awful uniforms. If it's a money matter, after last season's AFL tribute thing, we know they now have both a road and home version of the throwback. Just use that. Buffalo's current set are the ugliest uniforms in the league by a large margin. And in a league that includes Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona, Atlanta, and Jacksonville that's saying something

BB52Big.jpg

Eagles look alright. They should bring back the kelly green though and just put them with the uniforms they have now.

Usually I love all things throwback and old school and I'm a fan of "boring and simple" uniforms. That said, I didn't think the Eagles throwbacks were all that great. I liked them but not as much as I thought I would. The kelly green really works. I agree with Mr. Wolf, use the kelly green and I'd add the throwback number font on the current set. That would look great.

I've always felt that the Redskins looked their best back in the 70s with the gold helmets & gold pants. I feel the same way now. The Skins look REALLY sharp with the gold pants. Very nice look for them.

Those gold pants were killer. They would have looked even better with the gold "R" helmet. I used to think the white pants looked great with the burgundy jerseys...until tonight. The Redskins need to make those pants permanent for both home and away.

I hate the deadskins and cowgirls so much, I don't enjoy what I'm looking at no matter what.

Deadskins? Cowgirls? Really?

The Giants patch is horrendous.

Who the hell thought that thing was a good idea? It may not be the worst patch ever but it's gotta be in the discussion.

Finally, why won't Buffalo do anything about those God-awful uniforms. If it's a money matter, after last season's AFL tribute thing, we know they now have both a road and home version of the throwback. Just use that. Buffalo's current set are the ugliest uniforms in the league by a large margin. And in a league that includes Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona, Atlanta, and Jacksonville that's saying something

You are questioning my reference to two teams I can't stand which I playfully referred to with those play on names.

But since you're an ohio state fan, your opinion holds less water than a shot glass.

I bid you good day sir.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Redskins gold pants are nice. But I am surprised they didn't use a matching stripe, that would've been VERY nice. I'm also surprised about those socks. Another plus is, it almost makes the dumb yellow facemask bearable.

I've always loved teh yellow facemask, and I have to say the gold pants looked pretty damn sharp, and you can take that to the house:

Hailvictory.jpg

The gold pants go well with the Redskins' overall scheme. I also felt like the look helped balance out the gaudy gold facemask - made it look more like it "belongs" with the uniforms. That said, the striping inconsistencies are way too much to overlook. You've got different striping patterns on the helmet, sleeves, pants, and socks. Pick one or two of them, and clean the rest up accordingly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I am 99% sure these Redskins pants and socks are leftovers from when they wore the Radioshack throwbacks a few years ago. The socks in particular stood out as being a brighter color, more cherry. That would explain why they wore the striping they did on the socks (didn't match anything else). Does anyone think the socks looking lighter was just an inconsistency with the fabric?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I am 99% sure these Redskins pants and socks are leftovers from when they wore the Radioshack throwbacks a few years ago. The socks in particular stood out as being a brighter color, more cherry. That would explain why they wore the striping they did on the socks (didn't match anything else). Does anyone think the socks looking lighter was just an inconsistency with the fabric?

I wanted to post something about this last night, but ran out of time. If in fact, these are the same pants that were worn for the throwbacks (I'm not sure; these pants aren't listed in the official Style Guide as a valid option for the Redskins), then yes - the colors are different.

Here's a comparison of the colors...first the spot colors for printing:

WashingtonRedskinsBurgundy_9999_SOL_SRGB.png <---> WashingtonRedskinsTBRed_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

...now, the textile/fabric colors:

WashingtonRedskinsBurgundy_9999_TEX_SRGB.png <---> WashingtonRedskinsTBRed_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

That inconsistency, along with the myriad of striping styles present in the uniform makes me crazy.

You are questioning my reference to two teams I can't stand which I playfully referred to with those play on names.

But since you're an ohio state fan, your opinion holds less water than a shot glass.

I bid you good day sir.

No, I was pointing out how stupid it was. There's a difference. And I'm an Ohio State alum. I'm sure that at some point you'll deliver a pizza to one of us. :P

BB52Big.jpg

That inconsistency, along with the myriad of striping styles present in the uniform makes me crazy.

The Redskins are "stripe crazy". The gold pants look good though.

One thing they could do to clean up their home set, would be to burn those goofy-ass looking socks they wore last night and wear solid burgundy socks (which they wore with their burgundy and white combo).

I know Lil Dan Snyder and George Allen's son, still think/wish its 1972, but not all things from 1972 should be still used in 2010 uniforms.

I bid you good day sir.

No, I was pointing out how stupid it was. There's a difference. And I'm an Ohio State alum. I'm sure that at some point you'll deliver a pizza to one of us. :P

Really wasn't that stupid, again I'll point out just a play on words because I don't like the teams. Reading comprehension must be something of an afterthought for you amazing alums of osu.

As someone currently working on their masters, and no where near the state of Ohio thank God, I have my doubts that you will ever see my face in any facet. Especially as a delivery person.

You were the only one to point it out, is being a fan in your area so frustrating you must nitpick? Your suckeyes (OOOHHH SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?!) wrongly won a national championship, your football team lost to the Bucs yesterday, and you've probably forgot you even have a baseball team there. Explains the fanship of the Packers and Angels.

Sorry for your luck champ.

2ly2w09.jpg

While I am normally "anti-monochrome", I LOVE the fact that Seattle returned to the Seahawks blue pants at home yesterday. It's better than with the navy blue pants, and much better than with the white pants.

I also love that the 'Hawks won, but that is beside the point.

Archived