NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are questioning my reference to two teams I can't stand which I playfully referred to with those play on names.

But since you're an ohio state fan, your opinion holds less water than a shot glass.

I bid you good day sir.

No, I was pointing out how stupid it was. There's a difference. And I'm an Ohio State alum. I'm sure that at some point you'll deliver a pizza to one of us. :P

Really wasn't that stupid, again I'll point out just a play on words because I don't like the teams. Reading comprehension must be something of an afterthought for you amazing alums of osu.

As someone currently working on their masters, and no where near the state of Ohio thank God, I have my doubts that you will ever see my face in any facet. Especially as a delivery person.

You were the only one to point it out, is being a fan in your area so frustrating you must nitpick? Your suckeyes (OOOHHH SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?!) wrongly won a national championship, your football team lost to the Bucs yesterday, and you've probably forgot you even have a baseball team there. Explains the fanship of the Packers and Angels.

Sorry for your luck champ.

Yeah I got that it was a "play on words." My point was that it wasn't very good one. Now let's drop this so the rest of the community can enjoy this thread without having to endure the two of us acting like idiots. Deal?

BB52Big.jpg

the NFC East was clearly the best dressed yesterday

I'd like to agree except... the Giants home blue jersey is one of my least favorite uniforms in the NFL.

While I am normally "anti-monochrome", I LOVE the fact that Seattle returned to the Seahawks blue pants at home yesterday. It's better than with the navy blue pants, and much better than with the white pants.

I also love that the 'Hawks won, but that is beside the point.

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish. But yeah, it seems they returned to the old blue pants. The navy pants the Seahawks wore last year was unsightly

The Redskins gold pants are nice. But I am surprised they didn't use a matching stripe, that would've been VERY nice. I'm also surprised about those socks. Another plus is, it almost makes the dumb yellow facemask bearable.

I've always loved teh yellow facemask, and I have to say the gold pants looked pretty damn sharp, and you can take that to the house:

Hailvictory.jpg

Idk why or how, but the yellow pants actually made me like the yellow facemask for the first time ever. I've hated that yellow facemask forever, yet last night I didn't mind it at all. Everything about that uniform was great last night.

The thing is, idk if it'd look as good with a maroon helmet-white jersey-gold pants deal. I'm pretty sure they're only going to wear the gold pants as an "alternate" look, but it's better served that way since I doubt it'd look good with the white jersey.

I think the gold pants look really nice. Looks like Shanahan is bringing back the pants from the George Allen era.

RackMultipart.27319.0_display_image.jpg?1258604628

Look how hard D-Hall is concentrating there...oh wait.

skinsboys910c.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the gold pants. Stop saying yellow though people, it's Burgundy and Gold.

They'd be perfection with these socks:

skinsb.png

I'm just relieved we won with a new uniform combo. Every time we bring out a new uniform, it gets spoiled by a BAD loss and we scrap them. The 75th Anniversary Lombardi uniforms, the burgundy-on-burgundy for the Steelers domination...then the Swinging Gate game.

Now we can keep them...hopefully we do. We should wear burg-on-gold and white-on-burg.

Also, hate the Eagles but loved their Kelly Green uniforms yesterday. I never thought they should have dropped it and still think they should go back to it.

1284377707.jpg

3462bc8fba29757f981d7e4d4f87f71d-getty-98533136me017_green_bay_pac.jpg

capt.2a0bfdc5fad741d9b2f1ce56f29c8cd1-2a0bfdc5fad741d9b2f1ce56f29c8cd1-0.jpg

c20840974a389c1c51b008d3eafc7970-getty-98533136me032_green_bay_pac.jpg

87Redskins.png

I think the gold pants look really nice. Looks like Shanahan is bringing back the pants from the George Allen era.

RackMultipart.27319.0_display_image.jpg?1258604628

Look how hard D-Hall is concentrating there...oh wait.

skinsboys910c.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the gold pants. Stop saying yellow though people, it's Burgundy and Gold.

They'd be perfection with these socks:

skinsb.png

I'm just relieved we won with a new uniform combo. Every time we bring out a new uniform, it gets spoiled by a BAD loss and we scrap them. The 75th Anniversary Lombardi uniforms, the burgundy-on-burgundy for the Steelers domination...then the Swinging Gate game.

Now we can keep them...hopefully we do. We should wear burg-on-gold and white-on-burg.

I love the gold pants, too, and I'm indifferent to the team itself. I think the Redskins should either go with the concept above, or they should go with the pants from last night and alter the jerseys to match the George Allen jerseys/sock stripes.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The Redskins gold pants are nice. But I am surprised they didn't use a matching stripe, that would've been VERY nice. I'm also surprised about those socks. Another plus is, it almost makes the dumb yellow facemask bearable.

I've always loved teh yellow facemask, and I have to say the gold pants looked pretty damn sharp, and you can take that to the house:

Hailvictory.jpg

Idk why or how, but the yellow pants actually made me like the yellow facemask for the first time ever. I've hated that yellow facemask forever, yet last night I didn't mind it at all. Everything about that uniform was great last night.

i call it "color balance"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Redskins: Looked pretty slick in the yellow pants, but after seeing them on the field, I actually prefer the white pants. Too much inconsistancy going on with the striping in the first place, doen't seem to help by throwing in some more striping.

Eagles: Looked okay, but kelly green is so overrated, never cared for it. I prefer their current unis over this, and hopefully it stays in their past.

MichaelVick.jpg

Sweet. They need to switch to this look.

Vick at QB? :D

I love this look. But, couple of things:

1) Make white line around wings on helmet thicker

2) Make numerals consistent (jersey is a slab serif while the sleeve is san serif)

1) There is no white line around the wings.

2) This was done in the interest of accuracy, and they nailed this uniform from top to bottom, though I'd like to see the numerals, stripes and pants in silver instead of white if this were to ever be a full time uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Jets are back in the most boring uniform in the NFL tonight.

White on white at home. Yippee!

It's a night game. I don't think I understand the decison for the jersey selection of the Jets.

White at home = always stupid.

6uXNWAo.png

Why are the Chiefs wearing AFL logo patches this season?

It's a patch to honour the late Lemar Hunt, founder of the Chiefs and father of the AFL. It's a permanent part of their uniform, like the Bears' GSH and the Browns' AL.

Archived