Police Badges

DustDevil61

Time for my hometown.

This is the patch and badge of the PPDs--that is, the Pensacola Police Department.

FL_-_Pensacola_Police.png

FL_-_Pensacola_Police_Badge.png

Explanations:

Pensacola's nickname--well, one of its nickames--is the "City of Five Flags", owing to the five different "governments" of the city: British, Condeferate, Union, Frech, and Spanish. The red star within the blue circle on the patch shows Pensacola's location on the Florida Panhandle. The year 1821 shown on the badge is the year the department was founded.

Fun fact time: some of you may remember me mentioning another historical fact about Pensacola: it being recognized as "America's First Settlement". Historically, it was the first European settlement, having been settled in 1559 and lasting up until a hurricane wiped it out about 1620 or so. Here's one more neat piece of history: Pensacola's Police Department was actually founded by none other than General (later President) Andrew Jackson, as a force employed to maintain order in the city during the acquisition and admittance of West and East Florida to the Union.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Time for my hometown.

This is the patch and badge of the PPDs--that is, the Pensacola Police Department.

FL_-_Pensacola_Police.png

FL_-_Pensacola_Police_Badge.png

Explanations:

Pensacola's nickname--well, one of its nickames--is the "City of Five Flags", owing to the five different "governments" of the city: British, Condeferate, Union, Frech, and Spanish. The red star within the blue circle on the patch shows Pensacola's location on the Florida Panhandle. The year 1821 shown on the badge is the year the department was founded.

Fun fact time: some of you may remember me mentioning another historical fact about Pensacola: it being recognized as "America's First Settlement". Historically, it was the first European settlement, having been settled in 1559 and lasting up until a hurricane wiped it out about 1620 or so. Here's one more neat piece of history: Pensacola's Police Department was actually founded by none other than General (later President) Andrew Jackson, as a force employed to maintain order in the city during the acquisition and admittance of West and East Florida to the Union.

And where was FEMA? Probably screwed up that response too. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived