World Team Tennis (WTT) Logos!

ThePreacher

While doing some research on the history of sports in Anaheim, I came across a now-defunct WTT team called the Anaheim Oranges who played their only season in 1978.

anaheimORANGES.gif

And it turns out the league is STILL around (it was founded in 1974!) Some famous former players include: Billie Jean King, Rod Laver, Björn Borg, Chris Evert, John McEnroe, Evonne Goolagong, Jimmy Connors, Martina Navratilova, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Michael Chang, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Lindsay Davenport, and Kim Clijsters.

And it's STILL in Orange County (although our team moved from Anaheim to the wealthy coastal community of Newport Beach):

Breakerslogo.png

A horrible logo obviously, and maybe what I'd expect from the Pepperdine Men's and Women's tennis teams (or perhaps Tulane - who I believe are also called the "Waves")

Anyway, this was my personal fave logo from the league...

Kastleslogo.png

It's classy, professional, and what you'd expect from a sports club from Maryland. It also looks like it could be a football (soccer) crest. I dig it!

Discuss.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

While doing some research on the history of sports in Anaheim, I came across a now-defunct WTT team called the Anaheim Oranges who played their only season in 1978.

anaheimORANGES.gif

And it turns out the league is STILL around (it was founded in 1974!) Some famous former players include: Billie Jean King, Rod Laver, Björn Borg, Chris Evert, John McEnroe, Evonne Goolagong, Jimmy Connors, Martina Navratilova, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Michael Chang, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Lindsay Davenport, and Kim Clijsters.

And it's STILL in Orange County (although our team moved from Anaheim to the wealthy coastal community of Newport Beach):

Breakerslogo.png

A horrible logo obviously, and maybe what I'd expect from the Pepperdine Men's and Women's tennis teams (or perhaps Tulane - who I believe are also called the "Waves")

Kastleslogo.png

It's classy, professional, and what you'd expect from a sports club from Maryland. It also looks like it could be a football (soccer) crest. I dig it!

Discuss.

Just so you know, Washington, DC is not Maryland.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Just so you know, Washington, DC is not Maryland.

Yeah Preacher, people in DC might take that offensive just like you did when Raysox concpt was the Los Angeles Angels instead of Anaheim (even though the Angels actually have Los Angeles as a part of their name).

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Of course, my favorite was the SeaPort Cascades. As a kid in the 70s, I tried auditioned for ballboy, but didn't make it. My brother did and we went to a bunch of matches. One of the memorable teams in the league at that time was The Soviets.

Kastleslogo.png

Yeah, it totally could man. I mean, if you reworked the logo and removed the tennis equipment which is 50% of it. Other then that, yeah it'd look great.

I don't know what it is about this league, but it makes me want to put on a blue blazer with a pocket crest, a cap'n's hat and stand at the helm of my wood-hulled sailboat talking about the underclass ruining the community in my best Ted Baxter voice. Rather!!!

Of course, my favorite was the SeaPort Cascades. As a kid in the 70s, I tried auditioned for ballboy, but didn't make it. My brother did and we went to a bunch of matches. One of the memorable teams in the league at that time was The Soviets.

seaport.gif

I forgot I had a site devoted to the old WTT. Can't believe it's still up!

Archived