NHL Designs

crkraider22

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay Lightning

- Brought back pre-edge striping design for all three jerseys.

- Also used "paint-brush" number font

- Took the circle away from the logo and went with a shield for a more abstract/mythical meaning

LightningHome.png

LightningAway.png

LightningAlternate.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I really like this. Putting the logo in a shield instead of a circle improves the look 100 times, IMO. The alternate jersey is gorgeous, too.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Great job on the logo. I always thought Tampa's logo was a lost cause, but you have changed my mind. Great job making the jerseys look like the pre Edge era, yet adding the silver and extra stripes really gave it a good update. Great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Chicago Blackhawks

-Simplified color scheme to red, black, gold, and white

-Altered logo to reflect colors

-With simplified scheme, also used gold striping in uniforms

-Five stripe design throughout based on white jerseys

-Streamlined design for all three jerseys, similar to pre-edge thirds

BlackhawksHome.png

BlackhawksAway.png

BlackhawksAlternate.png

I like the uniformity (is that a word?) of the all-black or all-red styles here. I don't mind having three different colours for helmets, either. I've always felt like a dark-coloured helmet with a white jersey makes it look like the heads of the players are sort of "floating". Same goes for football.

These designs are all solid. I like most of what you've done :)

One suggestion though: could you remove the unnecessary shading on the shoulders of your model? It makes the Lightning concept for instance look like it's got grey shoulders instead of white. The shading doesn't make sense there either really as far as how light would be shining on that fellow.

For the Blackhawks, you eliminated what was probably their best uniform feature: when you looked from top-to-bottom when they wore their red jersey, it went black-red-black-red-black from helmet to jersey to breezers to socks to skates. That's a huge part of what made their look so strong and appealing.

Also, red helmets suck. Look around the NHL and count the red helmets in use... at last check, only the Red Wings wear one, despite a LOT of teams using red as their primary colour.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 3 weeks later...

I updated the template a little and removed the player presentation so that there is more focus on the uniforms. Same goes for the images behind the jerseys from the previous template. I do realize the pants striping is jagged, the pants are the only aspect that feature shadows/creases and the stripes are meant to mimic the creases.

San Jose Sharks

-Dropped the orange in favor of gray used in the early years. Also the logo is modified to reflect the use of gray as a natural color of a shark.

-Pre-edge alternate jersey is modified to present the home and road concepts. I liked the angled stripes and the flow they had with the triangular logo.

-Focus is on the teal and gray with the primary jerseys. Teal for a waterish color and the gray for the color of Sharks.

-The alternate is based off of the pre-edge primary jerseys. The black symbolizes the night and the gray and teal sleeve design is meant to mimic a fin in the water.

-The alternate also is free of any white.

SharksHome.png

SharksAway.png

SharksAlternate-1.png

Feel free to leave comments not only about the uniforms but also the updated template.

I updated the template a little and removed the player presentation so that there is more focus on the uniforms. Same goes for the images behind the jerseys from the previous template. I do realize the pants striping is jagged, the pants are the only aspect that feature shadows/creases and the stripes are meant to mimic the creases.

San Jose Sharks

-Dropped the orange in favor of gray used in the early years. Also the logo is modified to reflect the use of gray as a natural color of a shark.

-Pre-edge alternate jersey is modified to present the home and road concepts. I liked the angled stripes and the flow they had with the triangular logo.

-Focus is on the teal and gray with the primary jerseys. Teal for a waterish color and the gray for the color of Sharks.

-The alternate is based off of the pre-edge primary jerseys. The black symbolizes the night and the gray and teal sleeve design is meant to mimic a fin in the water.

-The alternate also is free of any white.

SharksHome.png

SharksAway.png

SharksAlternate-1.png

Feel free to leave comments not only about the uniforms but also the updated template.

Not to bash, but those jerseys look really washed-out. It's a combination of the under-use of white and black, and the teal and grey being very similar shades. That's not the official Sharks' teal, is it?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived