Winter Classic Concept

ZettaBerg40

I'm not going to be as brutal as some people on here would be in regards to this.

People here generally dislike recolours unless a LOT of thought was put into them. No offence to your concept, but the "acceptable" level wasn't met here.

Visually it's decent; the Maple Leafs jersey is solid but a tad generic. Not a fan of the Capitals jersey at all, mostly because the the vertical rectangles and the disconnection to the Capital's history. Maybe remove the blue shoulders and change the thick black things to blue and you'll have a good concept.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

The Leafs sweater needs a lot of work. While you're heading in an alright direction, I'm not a fan of the thick sleeve blotch. I would try making the blotch smaller on the sleeve and turn it into two semi-thick white stripes. Also, I would make the inner striping on the numbers blue then have it with a white stripe on top.

For the Caps, you're gonna have to go back on that one, because I don't know where to start. I guess get rid of the blue shoulder top and make it white. On the sleeves, invert the white to black and make the black area the blue you used on the shoulder. Towards the bottom of the sweater, I would try going with a diagonal pattern similar what they had one their '90s set and erase the gold line period. Also, for the number I would make them more '90s Caps friendly and change the name font to black.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived