My attempt at some MLB uniform re-dos

wdm1219inpenna

Harkening back to my original premise, it was much better when you could identify a team almost immediately. To that end, I have restored, for the most part, the teal caps of the Florida Marlins. I included the black cap as a road alternative to the teal with black brim.

FLORIDAMARLINS3.png

Fine looking set. I miss the 1997-2002 alternates(pinstriped vests with black sleeves) though. I would prefer the Marlins to update their set while keeping the colors, but given that the owner has publicly denounced the teal and black colors I'd be happy to see the these original unis return.

Loving those A's unis too. Damn I miss when baseball had some color variety.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the immortal words of commissioner Bud Selig after the 2002 World Series:

Here are your Cali.....Anaheim Angels...

ANAHEIMANGELS3.png

All I did here was...

1. Make the crown of the cap navy. I hate the red caps. The "A" is so difficult to see on that red background, and I prefer a slightly older-school look.

2. I made them the "Anaheim Angels" again, as evidenced by the road uniform.

3. I added wider striping on the pants.

4. As usual, stirrup socks. Hey, Gene Autry, the cowboy owned the team, gotta have stirrups!!!

5. I incorporated the old "California" Angels insignia on the sleeves, as a nod to their past.

I tried using the same wide striping on the sleeves, but somehow it did not look right to me, so I left the sleeve stripes as they were, the numeral font too I left alone.

Still more to come...

In the immortal words of commissioner Bud Selig after the 2002 World Series:

Here are your Cali.....Anaheim Angels...

ANAHEIMANGELS3.png

All I did here was...

1. Make the crown of the cap navy. I hate the red caps. The "A" is so difficult to see on that red background, and I prefer a slightly older-school look.

2. I made them the "Anaheim Angels" again, as evidenced by the road uniform.

3. I added wider striping on the pants.

4. As usual, stirrup socks. Hey, Gene Autry, the cowboy owned the team, gotta have stirrups!!!

5. I incorporated the old "California" Angels insignia on the sleeves, as a nod to their past.

I tried using the same wide striping on the sleeves, but somehow it did not look right to me, so I left the sleeve stripes as they were, the numeral font too I left alone.

Still more to come...

I absolutely LOVE this!! To all the people out there who want to see the Halos tattoo that disgusting "Los Angeles" moniker across their chests, lest you forget they play 33 miles south in the Orange County Metro area known as "ANAHEIM" ... in a little place called "Angel Stadium of Anaheim!" In fact, it's been over 45 years since they played at Wrigley or Chavez Ravine! No need to call them "LA" !!!

The only change I would make, by the way, would be to bring back the GOLD Halo! Other than that, these are gorgeous !! =D

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Now batting....the Montreal Expos...

All I did was re-do the cap, the rest is off of here, really a nice uniform, I'd forgotten how gorgeous this uni was.....I'm stuck in the 70s :(

MONTREALEXPOS3.png

And from the Junior Circuit, a double-knit re-do of the Oakland Athletics, complete with 3rd alternate uniform. One of the rare times I'll do an alt for a team...

OAKLANDATHLETICS3.png

I utilized the Red Sox numeral font rather than the Expo font for the A's this time. I also added the elephant w/the crossed bats as a sleeve emblem.

More hopefully to come....

You DO realize that the Expos are now the Washington Nationals now? Why not do their uniforms as such?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Now batting....the Montreal Expos...

All I did was re-do the cap, the rest is off of here, really a nice uniform, I'd forgotten how gorgeous this uni was.....I'm stuck in the 70s :(

MONTREALEXPOS3.png

And from the Junior Circuit, a double-knit re-do of the Oakland Athletics, complete with 3rd alternate uniform. One of the rare times I'll do an alt for a team...

OAKLANDATHLETICS3.png

I utilized the Red Sox numeral font rather than the Expo font for the A's this time. I also added the elephant w/the crossed bats as a sleeve emblem.

More hopefully to come....

You DO realize that the Expos are now the Washington Nationals now? Why not do their uniforms as such?

I heard a rumor to that effect that the Expos pulled up stakes and headed to old D.C., back in 2005 wasn't it? Yes, I realize this, and eventually I will get around to doing or re-doing the "Nats". I've never been too fond of the Walgreen's "W" logo, nor the red caps they wear at home.

Here are the Atlanta Braves. There are many caps, so I apologize ahead of time for that.

ATLANTABRAVES3.png

Stirrup socks, as usual. Chief Nockahoma graces the sleeves of both uniforms. I utilized 2 different shades of navy/dark blue for the caps. I also included a royal blue cap, which harkens back to circa 1981, just for fun.

From 1993, "The Winners, and still World Champions....The Toronto Blue Jays!"

The only thing I added really to this set is the sleeve logo, and the Harmon Killebrew MLB logo to the collars. Everything else came directly from the 1993 uniform depiction on this website.

TORONTOBLUEJAYS3-1.png

How about replacing the Blue Jays logo on the front with a numeral?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

From 1993, "The Winners, and still World Champions....The Toronto Blue Jays!"

The only thing I added really to this set is the sleeve logo, and the Harmon Killebrew MLB logo to the collars. Everything else came directly from the 1993 uniform depiction on this website.

TORONTOBLUEJAYS3-1.png

How about replacing the Blue Jays logo on the front with a numeral?

Awesome suggestion BigKwell. I'll play around with that hopefully sometime this weekend.

I honestly hate to be "that guy", but I feel this should be said in order to help you improve. You are basically taking the uniforms from sportslogos.net and making minor tweaks. I'm not saying they are bad tweaks, but they aren't noteworthy enough to make an entire concept on. For example, your Blue Jays concept is just taking their 1993 uniform straight from the site and slapping two logos on it.

I think you should try to make more concepts that are your original ideas. I see that a few of your concepts/ideas are original and very creative, but I think you should make the majority of your concepts original.

Again, I'm not saying you're not creative or bad at making concepts. You just should conjure up some original ideas from deep within your brain. I like most of your tweaks. Therefore, if you're going for a tweak series, then I apologize for my mini-rant and will say that these ideas are exceptional.

Punch9

I honestly hate to be "that guy", but I feel this should be said in order to help you improve. You are basically taking the uniforms from sportslogos.net and making minor tweaks. I'm not saying they are bad tweaks, but they aren't noteworthy enough to make an entire concept on. For example, your Blue Jays concept is just taking their 1993 uniform straight from the site and slapping two logos on it.

I think you should try to make more concepts that are your original ideas. I see that a few of your concepts/ideas are original and very creative, but I think you should make the majority of your concepts original.

Again, I'm not saying you're not creative or bad at making concepts. You just should conjure up some original ideas from deep within your brain. I like most of your tweaks. Therefore, if you're going for a tweak series, then I apologize for my mini-rant and will say that these ideas are exceptional.

Punch9

Not a problem at all Punch9, to tell you the truth, I feel that way myself, one reason why I made the disclaimer that I did when I began doing this, thus I definitely agree with you.

As for original concepts, I may try it out on an expansion team or 2, but I lack the artistic original creativity that many others on these boards demonstrate.

Meantime, here is the updated Blue Jays idea, replacing the jay with the number...

TORONTOBLUEJAYS4.png

Minnesota Twins. Two home caps, one w/the navy crown and red bill, the other with the white crown. Road cap solid blue. Replaced the 50th anniversary patches with the "TC" interlocking. Stirrup socks.

MINNESOTATWINS3-1.png

These images are simply the way I wish the uniforms would look for all the teams I show. I may do all 30, but some need little or no tweaking in my opinion.

First a re-do of the San Francisco Giants. I just reversed the stirrup sock color, as I wasn't feeling it the other way around.

SANFRANCISCOGIANTS3-1.png

My first "original" creation is that of the Washington Nationals. I find the nickname to be very uninspired, and I felt very uninspired to re-do this, until I got some comments from folks on here. So I have my first original creation. I borrowed only the "DC" for the home uniform patch. I have the stirrup socks again, but a brand new font for "Nationals" and "Washington", including using a blue star to dot the i's, just as the current Phillies do.

The home cap is navy blue crown, with a red bill. I hate the red caps they use now, and the Walgreen's "W". I made a more simplistic "W", also taken from this site, but placed a miniature Capitol building underneath where the "W" is at the bottom. I utilized this again in the road uniform and used a silouhette (sp?) of the Captiol building on the uniforms as well. Totally different font too. The road cap is fashioned similar to the old Expos & Twins, with the white center part, however the white center part is a larger version of the Capitol building too. Hopefully you'll be able to see this...

WASHINGTONNATIONALS3.png

Archived