2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Avery definitely has hockey skill. He's a pest, but he can also put the puck in the back of the net. He can also back up his mouth. He may have rubbed his teammates the wrong way in a couple of places but hes found himself a home in New York, they love him, and he loves the city and the team. Avery is a :censored: sandwich to play against, but thats his game, and Claude Lemieux was the same way. Lemieux had alot more skill and was an overall better player, but the mold is just the same.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avery definitely has hockey skill. He's a pest, but he can also put the puck in the back of the net. He can also back up his mouth. He may have rubbed his teammates the wrong way in a couple of places but hes found himself a home in New York, they love him, and he loves the city and the team. Avery is a :censored: sandwich to play against, but thats his game, and Claude Lemieux was the same way. Lemieux had alot more skill and was an overall better player, but the mold is just the same.

Avery couldn't even play with Lemieux, as Lemieux was a solid player and an agitator. There's a reason that Lemieux played on Cup champions and Avery hasn't. Could Avery be in Lemieux's mold? Sure, but he's got weaknesses. Avery's a serviceable player who does have some skill, but is as was pointed out, hated by his own teammates. It's just a matter of time before he imploads again, then again on the Rangers, that is just what happens every year with this team. Avery and now Alexander Frolov are perfect for the Rangers. If you watch them as a fan of another team, you think they are worth having on your team. If you have them on your team, you 100% hate them as they are just aggravating. Avery might have skill to score and to agitate, but he also takes stupid penalties that hurts the team. For all those goals and penalties he draws, he takes double the amount of stupid penalties that negate what he does well. He's a very selfish player on the ice with his play, because he doesn't think team first.

For the penguins:

Score on the Powerplay

Fleury's gotta rebound from a subpar season

Spread the wealth offensively. AKA, Malkin needs to step up. Sid can get all the goals titles he wants, but if he gets shut down we need an answer. This is too good an offensive team to not have one.

EAST

1. Washington

2. Pittsburgh

3. Boston

4. Buffalo

5. Philadelphia

6. New York Rangers

7. Montreal

8. Toronto

Quarterfinals

Washington > Toronto

Pittsburgh > Montreal

Boston < New York

Buffalo > Philadephia

Semifinals

Washington > New York

Pittsburgh > Buffalo

Finals

Washington > Pittsburgh (Sinking feeling about this matchup this year)

WEST

1. San Jose

2. Vancouver

3. Detroit

4. Chicago

5. Nashville

6. Colorado

7. Los Angeles

8. St. Louis

Quarterfinals

San Jose > St. Louis

Vancouver > Los Angeles

Detroit < Colorado

Chicago > Nashville

Semifinals

San Jose > Colorado

Vancouver < Chicago

Finals

San Jose > Chicago

Stanley Cup Finals

Washington > San Jose

Surprise, Surprise.

oBIgzrL.png

Seriously, I just thought it was ironic that a Devils fan that had that :censored: disturber Claude Lemieux would call Avery a coward when they're in the same mold as players, Avery is not as good and hasnt had as much success and probably will never, but Devils fans had freaking Claude Lemieux!

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

What ultimately seemed inevitable and why I didn't get an "A" originally put on my #15 Ducks jersey, Ryan Getzlaf has been named Captain of the Anaheim Ducks, with Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne being the Alternates.

This was going to happen eventually. Even with his short temper and what can be seen as a lack of maturity, after Scott Niedermayer left, this was Getzy's to have. Koivu is probably the better choice in terms of true captain material and experience. But Getzlaf is the team's best player and the face of the franchise. Especially with the trend of the team's young stars and best player becoming captain around the league.

Congrats to Getzlaf.

Also in other Ducks news, top draft pick and first round steal defenseman Cam Fowler is going to start the season with the team for at least the first 9 games before the decision to send him back to the Windsor Spitfires for the season or keep him up in the big leagues for the year. He has looked pretty impressive in the preseason and has at times been the Ducks best defenseman in the preseason. For a team that could use all the help it can find on the blueline, it will be tough to decide on keeping up the kid in the NHL for trial by fire or 2nd/3rd pair minutes, or to give him another full year of development as the top guy in Windsor. I think he's been good enough to stay, and follow in the footsteps of a Drew Doughty or Tyler Myers.

Can not wait for this week to get started and for the Ducks to open in Detroit on Friday.

HOCKEY IS BACK!

GO DUCKS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

When I worked for the Blue Jackets I once through a football (well, two passes before I got radioed back to the team store) in the hallway under the arena with Ryan Getzlaf. Nice guy.

edit: threw*

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well the Flames finished as the Preseason Champs!!!!!!! (Obligatory jab at Canuck fans from last season :P)

But unlike the Canucks, The Flames are entering the season with no expectations and a playoff spot at 7 or 8 would be much appreciated but I'm going to say if the Flames can get the scoring and Kipper can continue his play this team can consider themselves in a fight for a Division title.

Oh and it looks like T.J. Brodie will make the team so this means a goodbye to Cory Sarich or Steve Staios (obviously the latter) will happen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

When I worked for the Blue Jackets I once through a football (well, two passes before I got radioed back to the team store) in the hallway under the arena with Ryan Getzlaf. Nice guy.

Yeah he's a great guy off the ice. He lives like 2 minutes away from my house, and I met him and his brother, CFL player Chris Getzlaf, along with his mom and nephew at Olive Garden 2 years ago. They sat two booths in front of me and I saw himround the corner and I was excited, he is my favorite player. Except I had nothing to get signed, so I brought my little cousin's kid's menu and a crayon to the table and he couldn't ahve been nicer about it. His mom offered her pen, he broke my crayon, we had a little laugh about it. But it was a good time. He is a very nice guy (aren't most hockey players? :lol: )

My only problem is that on the ice, dude's got a very short temper. Sometimes it's looked like a lack of maturity, other times it's firey emotion. Hopefully the "C" will make him cut down on the temper tantrums and complaining to the refs and make him act more like a true leader. He was a leader with his skill level and that passion, but the temper always scared me a little. I definitely don't want him to lose that fire, because that's definitely part of his game. But I just want him to cool it.

I've always thought it was an insecurity due to his early baldness :lol: , but with him being Captain now, I think he needs to stop embarrassing himself and go the Messier route. Shave it Getzy, you look terrible :lol:

Oh and it looks like T.J. Brodie will make the team so this means a goodbye to Cory Sarich or Steve Staios (obviously the latter) will happen.

Nah, you want Staios. C'mon.

And to even help out, the Ducks will gladly take Cory Sarich to help you (and the Ducks) out :P

And to even help out, the Ducks will gladly take Cory Sarich to help you (and the Ducks) out :P

Yeah man Staios brings Leadership and Grit :rolleyes:

I can see it happening and I wouldn't expect much in return as it's just a salary dump maybe a middle of the range player or a low ended prospect and a draft pick.

Yeah man Staios brings Leadership and Grit :rolleyes:

I can see it happening and I wouldn't expect much in return as it's just a salary dump maybe a middle of the range player or a low ended prospect and a draft pick.

Which is exactly what the Ducks have too much of!

Sold! :P

(We need blueline help :( )

I know you guys do, Sarich can do the dirty work and is a solid defender. We need a center right now as Stajan, Langkow and the converted David Moss will all miss time with random injuries.

C'mon DSutts call up Bob Murray.

Flyers let Guerin go. Could he wind up in Washingon? They have 5 Million + in cap space.

5 mill in space but not a need for an aging winger.

Yeah he's a great guy off the ice. He lives like 2 minutes away from my house, and I met him and his brother, CFL player Chris Getzlaf, along with his mom and nephew at Olive Garden 2 years ago. They sat two booths in front of me and I saw himround the corner and I was excited, he is my favorite player. Except I had nothing to get signed, so I brought my little cousin's kid's menu and a crayon to the table and he couldn't ahve been nicer about it. His mom offered her pen, he broke my crayon, we had a little laugh about it. But it was a good time. He is a very nice guy (aren't most hockey players? :lol: )

My only problem is that on the ice, dude's got a very short temper. Sometimes it's looked like a lack of maturity, other times it's firey emotion. Hopefully the "C" will make him cut down on the temper tantrums and complaining to the refs and make him act more like a true leader. He was a leader with his skill level and that passion, but the temper always scared me a little. I definitely don't want him to lose that fire, because that's definitely part of his game. But I just want him to cool it.

I've always thought it was an insecurity due to his early baldness :lol: , but with him being Captain now, I think he needs to stop embarrassing himself and go the Messier route. Shave it Getzy, you look terrible :lol:

I would take Getzlaf and his "short" temper over players such as Alexander Frolov and all the players who show no emotion at all. I'd rather have a player where you can pull back on the emotion, than have a player that you have to motivate. There's a reason that he has the "C", and that's because of his attitude. He's a different player than let's say Dustin Brown who is a bull of a player that gives you 100% every night, but is just a calm player and won't get over-excited over the little things. They are two excellent players, but different styles.

Welcome to the Calgary Flames.... Brendan Morrison.

He'll be rather trade-deadline-expendable once your injury problems are settled.

I mean, good on him for landing a gig for more than league minimum, but if anyone in Calgary thinks he'll be a 2nd-line center once everyone comes back, well, good luck with that.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived