2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Canucks lose to St Louis

How did this happen precisely? Did they blind the refs prior or something?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canucks lose to St Louis, and also lose another defenseman- Andrew Alberts out with a broken wrist.

Canucks put him on LTIR, call up my son to be 6th defenseman. Luckily he's a right handed shot, and so will play with Ehrhoff on the first pairing tomorrow night in Minneapolis.

I was thinking about this today but why hasn't Baumgartner been called up? He's actually has NHL experience and played for them last season. Do you think they attempt to call Parent up despite his one way contract?

Canucks lose to St Louis

Wasn't able to watch, but from what I heard on the radio, pretty much, yeah. St Louis mugged the twins all night, and I guess Jackman cornered one of the linesmen in the back room, pulled a knife out and said "you're not gonna call nothin, see?", laughed maniacally, then went out for the pre-game skate.

Canucks lose to St Louis, and also lose another defenseman- Andrew Alberts out with a broken wrist.

Canucks put him on LTIR, call up my son to be 6th defenseman. Luckily he's a right handed shot, and so will play with Ehrhoff on the first pairing tomorrow night in Minneapolis.

I was thinking about this today but why hasn't Baumgartner been called up? He's actually has NHL experience and played for them last season. Do you think they attempt to call Parent up despite his one way contract?

Baumgartner isn't actually under contract to the Canucks, he's Moose property. My guess is because teams are only allowed 50 contracts per season, the Canucks must be right up against that number, or else he'd have come up by now. Jann "What Could Possibly Happen To Me If I Jaywalk in Downtown VancouGLAYVEN" Sauve is now the 43rd Defenseman to suit up for the Canucks this season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Canucks lose to St Louis

Wasn't able to watch, but from what I heard on the radio, pretty much, yeah. St Louis mugged the twins all night, and I guess Jackman cornered one of the linesmen in the back room, pulled a knife out and said "you're not gonna call nothin, see?", laughed maniacally, then went out for the pre-game skate.

Baumgartner isn't actually under contract to the Canucks, he's Moose property. My guess is because teams are only allowed 50 contracts per season, the Canucks must be right up against that number, or else he'd have come up by now. Jann "What Could Possibly Happen To Me If I Jaywalk in Downtown VancouGLAYVEN" Sauve is now the 43rd Defenseman to suit up for the Canucks this season.

Jesus, is there seriously no way they sign Baumgartner to a contract? would be a lot better than having another a THIRD rookie d-man play a game for them. I guess Gillis just added D-man to his February 28th shopping list. I don't think any team has a much bad luck on the back end as the Canucks do.

Wouldn't they have to sign Baumgartner to the 50-man roster before the deadline to make sure he's playoff-eligible? The Thrashers did this with Chelios last year; fat lot of good that did either party.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They need to find someone who isn't Andrew Peters to release outright, to ensure they can stay under the 50-contract limit. I really don't know who's underproducing in Manitoba enough to warrant that kind of move.

Unless we can somehow get a 3rd rounder for Jannick Hansen, Baumgartner stays in Winnipeg. On the bright side, Ballard is apparently doing much better than they originally thought, and might be back earlier than 3-4 weeks.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They need to find someone who isn't Andrew Peters to release outright, to ensure they can stay under the 50-contract limit. I really don't know who's underproducing in Manitoba enough to warrant that kind of move.

Unless we can somehow get a 3rd rounder for Jannick Hansen, Baumgartner stays in Winnipeg. On the bright side, Ballard is apparently doing much better than they originally thought, and might be back earlier than 3-4 weeks.

Peter Schaefer being released didn't put them under the limit? No way they trade Hansen either, IMO after the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Samuelson he is the most valuable forward.

Hansen's got a lot of hustle, but no finish around the net. I like the guy, but out of the, say, top nine forwards, he's the most marketable/moveable one. You think anyone's gonna bite on Raffi Torres?

Schaefer's release probably helped a while ago, but Andrew Peters was released for a reason. Unless they manage to drop someone from the Salmon Kings like Prab Rai, who I'm not even sure counts anyway, they need to either make a desperation move, or wait it out and hope Ballard and Hamhuis make it back by the end of February.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Hansen's got a lot of hustle, but no finish around the net. I like the guy, but out of the, say, top nine forwards, he's the most marketable/moveable one. You think anyone's gonna bite on Raffi Torres?

Schaefer's release probably helped a while ago, but Andrew Peters was released for a reason. Unless they manage to drop someone from the Salmon Kings like Prab Rai, who I'm not even sure counts anyway, they need to either make a desperation move, or wait it out and hope Ballard and Hamhuis make it back by the end of February.

I'm slightly bias because I'm part Danish and have been to the country twice, but I love Hansen. He is so effective on the PK and forechecking. He isn't very polished offensively but he does play smart and is a pretty good passer. His pass to set up Kesler a couple weeks ago (I forgot who they were playing, I think it was Phoenix) was gorgeous. He will be huge in the playoffs. Torres I'm not so sure about. Loved the guy in the first part of the season, lately though he's been pretty ineffective. He's a streaky guy who could be valuable in the playoffs with his size and grit. If Oreschovik can step up and use body I would consider trading Torres. The most realistic trade for Torres would probably a swap for a depth D-man with another playoff team.

That good news about Ballard, even though he hasn't had the best season he's certainly valuable. I have a bad feeling with Hamhuis though. His head hit the boards real hard, and seeing what happened to Mitchell last season, and Crosby this year he could very well be gone for the year. This team hasn't faced much adversity this year so it will be interesting to see how they deal with this situation.

They've faced adversity, but they've also had 2 or 3 defensemen down on the farm that were able to step in without too much of a dropoff. I mean, really, Alberts and Rome are the 7 and 8 guys on this team, but they'd easily be 5-6 guys on almost any other team. Factoring in Tanev's remarkable play and Sweatt being such a nice surprise, the Canucks are now using their number 11 defenseman by calling up Sauve. ELEVEN.

I think that regardless of how deep the Flyers are looking, any team in the league would love to have ten defensemen like the Canucks have. Hell, they'd love to have half the defensive depth that the Canucks have.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

EDIT: After going back and reading previous pages in this thread rather than Don's one post.... Come the :censored:ON, guys. I'm going to stay out of the Mario argument, or else I'd be here all day, but I know I've made a conscious effort to stay out of this thread and to be "whiny yet arrogant" about the pens, but it still aint enough?

Okay, maybe I can understand a 5 year rule. Maybe I can understand some of the bitterness towards the pens, but cut us a damn break. Don't hate on and jump down the throat of all pens fans because of the actions of a few and because they have recently been successful.

I know I'm not innocent, yes, but jeez. I'm trying. People do change, you know.

It's like any team that has success, the fans must be punished for it. (Unless said team has never won a championship, or hasn't won one in decades.) I almost root against the Steelers because of it anymore.

oBIgzrL.png

Well it was a battle of one of hottest teams in the league vs. One of the leagues coldest. Avs are also one the most beat up teams in the league, but since Pittsburgh is also beat up they get all the attention, Craig Anderson is also not helping is cause for free agency.

They also just lost Matt Duchane to a pretty nasty injury. Not a fun time in Denver.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You think anyone's gonna bite on Raffi Torres?

Brian Burke's ears are burning.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived