2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Beat Vancouver Detroit.

That is all.

FYP :)

I dunno, I kind of want to see Detroit fire up the Wave Motion Gun against Phoenix.

I don't know a Coyotes Cup win followed by a move to Winnipeg would be a riot.

The last thing this league needs is another team with a parking lot Cup parade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, the Thrashers have less than $38 million committed for next year with a floor of about $46 million. If they move to Quebec City this summer, they'll have all sorts of room for Luongo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't want the Coyotes to win the cup because there's nothing more bush league than a team winning the championship and then moving. That'd be very NLL and the NHL doesn't need that. Also, I don't want Biznasty anywhere near the cup when alcohol is in play.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The NHL wouldn't sell the team to True North if the Coyotes won. They'd just drag their feet in the courts for a year while the fairweathers turned on, well, themselves, in a sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The teams taking part in the 2011-12 NHL Premiere have been officially announced, with locations.

From NHL.com:

Four NHL teams will play in three European capital cities as part of the 2011 Compuware NHL Premiere and NHL Face-Off, the National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association announced Monday.

Berlin, Helsinki and Stockholm are the three cities involved in the regular-season games that will help kick off the 2011-12 NHL season and mark the fifth-straight campaign the League will play games in Europe.

The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks will travel to Europe for the first time since they opened the 2007-08 season with two games in London, while the New York Rangers are back after opening the 2008-09 campaign in Prague. Buffalo is the fourth team, and the Sabres will be playing their first regular-season games in Europe

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Tonight is the NHL Draft Lottery. Edmonton goes for two 'victories' in a row.

Odds of Winning the 1st Overall Pick:

48.2% - Edmonton Oilers

18.8% - Colorado Avalanche

14.2% - Florida Panthers

10.7% - New York Islanders

8.1% - Ottawa Senators

6uXNWAo.png

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_hockey_panthers/2011/04/panthers-now-skate-on-lexus-rink-at-bankatlantic-center.html

From team release

The Lexus Rink at the BankAtlantic Center, as it will be called moving forward, will be activated in connection with all Florida Panthers home games and other related hockey events and is part of a fully-integrated, multi-year marketing partnership with SSE.

There are less than 10 people who will call it that out loud and they all work for the broadcast teams.

48.2% - Edmonton Oilers

14.2% - Florida Panthers

8.1% - Ottawa Senators

How the hell do they calculate those percentages?

48.2% - Edmonton Oilers

14.2% - Florida Panthers

8.1% - Ottawa Senators

They are predetermined? Also, Edmonton has a 25% of winning the lottery but, because you can only move up no more than 4 spots, a lottery win for teams 6-14 still nets the Oilers the #1 pick. That's why their percentage is so high.

48.2% - Edmonton Oilers

14.2% - Florida Panthers

8.1% - Ottawa Senators

They are predetermined? Also, Edmonton has a 25% of winning the lottery but, because you can only move up no more than 4 spots, a lottery win for teams 6-14 still nets the Oilers the #1 pick. That's why their percentage is so high.

I see. Good information.

It's stupid though that you can win the lottery but not win the lottery.

Archived