2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Philly loses in regulation for the first time in 11 games as Carey Price shuts em out

For the first time in along time, I actually expect Montreal to win games now. Last season I always hoped they'd win, but didn't really have faith in the team. Even in the playoffs I knew they'd fall before making the cup finals.

But this year they team looks legitimately good. They beaten some very good teams, and they haven't been fluke wins either. They're getting solid efforts every night from Carey Price, and the defense, and finally the power play is turning around.

Interestingly, Jeff Halpern has been the best FA pickup this year for the Habs, and may be one of the top pickups league-wide as well. They guys been a force on the penalty kill on has provided a real boost to the 3rd line.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear, Toronto hates the Blue Jackets. <_<

Whenever I hear the phrase, "they're going to Toronto to review this one," I automatically think, ":censored:, it's going against the Jackets." :P

EDIT: Nevermind. The rule isn't what I thought it was. Principle still holds though. :P

They weren't checking the net, they were checking to see if the puck was kicked in.

That was a goal, but the Blue Jackets have some very legitimate gripes against the war room. They almost kept us out of the playoffs in 09.

And the LA Kings are no longer unbeaten at home. Blue Jackets come back from a third period deficit to win 5-3 with an empty-netter. Huge win. Rick Nash had two goals including the game winner. All-around great effort from everybody involved. I'm so glad I stayed up to watch that. I'll be sleepy tomorrow when I have to be up at 6, but it's worth it.

Another thing, 13 of the 15 western conference teams are above 500 while only 7 Eastern conference teams are above that mark. Also, the West is 40-19-9 coming into tonight against the East. Of course, the Blue Jackets have to be in the tougher conference. Are we seeing an early 2000's-NBA-like conference domination?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sadly those two West teams happen to reside in Alberta.

Caught up in the shuffle of today was that the Flames swung a deal that sent Ian White & Brett Sutter to Carolina for Anton Babchuk & Tom Kostpoulous.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

the Flames swung a deal that sent Ian White & Brett Sutter to Carolina for Anton Babchuk & Tom Kostpoulous.

When you say it like that it sounds like a normal trade, but ah those crazy Sutters. GM Darryl, whose brother Brent is the head coach, traded his son Brett to Carolina, where Brett will be reunited with his younger cousin Brandon, who is Brent's son... :wacko:

So, yeah, the Thrashers played so badly over a 2 minute span in the 2nd period last night against the Panthers (and for that matter, for the past couple of weeks) that it resulted in the Thrashers naming Andrew Ladd as captain. Byfuglien & Enstrom will be alternate captains. In a somewhat selling sidenote, the Thrashers went with 3 As before today. Ladd was the only one to retain some sort of captaincy.

I totally understand this move by Ramsay, the Thrashers did indeed look like complete crap in that 2nd period. They made up for it in the 3rd, but just couldn't get the tying goal. Still, I hope this sparks something in that locker room, because they're really experiencing some adversity right now.

the Flames swung a deal that sent Ian White & Brett Sutter to Carolina for Anton Babchuk & Tom Kostpoulous.

When you say it like that it sounds like a normal trade, but ah those crazy Sutters. GM Darryl, whose brother Brent is the head coach, traded his son Brett to Carolina, where Brett will be reunited with his younger cousin Brandon, who is Brent's son... :wacko:

Don't rack your brain about it all I know is one Sutter down, Two to go. Brian, Ron and Duane do nothing of main note so they can stay.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So, yeah, the Thrashers played so badly over a 2 minute span in the 2nd period last night against the Panthers (and for that matter, for the past couple of weeks) that it resulted in the Thrashers naming Andrew Ladd as captain. Byfuglien & Enstrom will be alternate captains. In a somewhat selling sidenote, the Thrashers went with 3 As before today. Ladd was the only one to retain some sort of captaincy.

I totally understand this move by Ramsay, the Thrashers did indeed look like complete crap in that 2nd period. They made up for it in the 3rd, but just couldn't get the tying goal. Still, I hope this sparks something in that locker room, because they're really experiencing some adversity right now.

So let me get this straight, they played poorly, so their way to fix this is to change a letter from one guy on the team who was playing poorly to another guy who was playing poorly? Yeah... If changing the Captain is going to change things in the locker room, then you are sorely mistaken because the guy they gave the "C" to is part of the problem.

So let me get this straight, they played poorly, so their way to fix this is to change a letter from one guy on the team who was playing poorly to another guy who was playing poorly? Yeah... If changing the Captain is going to change things in the locker room, then you are sorely mistaken because the guy they gave the "C" to is part of the problem.

Yeah, I thought that was an odd way to go about it...but hey, can't just dump everybody off of the team. Gotta shake things up, and I guess this is how they're going about shaking things up.

Also, holy crap @ that Philly-Tampa game. 8-7?!

Archived