2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cap Issues. The Canucks are still 1.8M over the ceiling, they need to do some fancy footwork for tomorrow.

The thinking is, they'll keep Salo and Burrows on the roster until Saturday, then put them on LTIR for a bit of relief that way. Lack AND Schneider are still in town, meaning that Schneider might be flying back and forth to Winnipeg on off-days in order to bring the cap down some as well.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The thinking is, they'll keep Salo and Burrows on the roster until Saturday, then put them on LTIR for a bit of relief that way.

Yeah, but then they'll still have to do a bit of juggling when Burrows recovers from his torn vagina.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Welcome to the Calgary Flames.... Brendan Morrison.

He'll be rather trade-deadline-expendable once your injury problems are settled.

I mean, good on him for landing a gig for more than league minimum, but if anyone in Calgary thinks he'll be a 2nd-line center once everyone comes back, well, good luck with that.

No I wouldn't expect it.

This is what I think the lineup will be on Thursday night. (By far not the most daunting bottom six)

Tanguay - Jokinen - Iginla

Hagman - Backlund - Bourque

Glencross - Morrison - Conroy

Jackman - Meyer - Ivanans

Regehr - White

Bouwmeester - Giordano

Sarich - Brodie

Kipper

Karlsson

We're currently a little more then 2.5 over the cap but with Langkow destined for LTIR we can put that on hold for now but as of 5pm mountain time the Flames have 7 NHL caliber defensemen with T.J. Brodie making the team.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Projected Lineup for the Washington Capitals on Friday:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble

Laich - Fleischmann - Semin

Chimera - Johansson - Fehr

Bradley - Gordon - Hendricks

Green - Schultz

Carlson - Poti

Alzner - Sloan

Neuvirth

Varlamov (or Sabourin if Varlamov isnt ready)

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Define irony: A Caps fan picking the Pens to win the Cup; whereas a Pens fan picking the Caps to win the Cup.

:hockeysmiley:

Believe it.

That said, care to resurrect that bet from last season?

We could make it more interesting and add in the Winter Classic. Not sure how, though.

oBIgzrL.png

The Blue Jackets start on Friday in Sweden. We lose a home game, but we also lose one of our trips to San Jose, and that is awesome. The other awesome thing is that the game is at 3 pm. I don't have to wait the extra 4 hours.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Define irony: A Caps fan picking the Pens to win the Cup; whereas a Pens fan picking the Caps to win the Cup.

Believe it.

We could make it more interesting and add in the Winter Classic. Not sure how, though.

The bet is on! Although I haven't a clue as to what the stipulation is for this season.

Believe it.

The bet is on! Although I haven't a clue as to what the stipulation is for this season.

How about this:

-The bet is largely the same. The person who's team finishes best in the playoffs, wins. The loser must use a Pro-<Winning Team> image as their signature until a time to be determined later.

-The person who's team is the winner of the Winter Classic chooses what the loser of the "best finish" bet will have to use as their signature, and for how long. This time period cannot, however, extend past the losing team's first game in the following season.

-In the event of the two teams being eliminated in the same round or not reaching the playoffs, the bet defers to regular-season ranking. If only one team makes the playoffs, obviously, the playoff-bound team wins.

oBIgzrL.png

Just throwing a few things out there...

- I believe Nicklas Backstrom (The Capitals Backstrom) is poised for a big year. I can see this guy winning the Hart Trophy and the Art Ross. For some reason I have a feeling Ovy will miss 10-20 games and Backstrom will run away with the scoring title.

- Kessel will score 40 goals, Bozak will put up 45-70 points, Versteeg will score 25+

- Leafs make the playoffs

- Sabres have a disappointing season

- Stanley Cup finals: Canucks vs. Flyers

beLEAF

Believe it.

How about this:

-The bet is largely the same. The person who's team finishes best in the playoffs, wins. The loser must use a Pro-<Winning Team> image as their signature until a time to be determined later.

-The person who's team is the winner of the Winter Classic chooses what the loser of the "best finish" bet will have to use as their signature, and for how long. This time period cannot, however, extend past the losing team's first game in the following season.

-In the event of the two teams being eliminated in the same round or not reaching the playoffs, the bet defers to regular-season ranking. If only one team makes the playoffs, obviously, the playoff-bound team wins.

Question though, what if the team that wins the Winter Classic does not finish better than the competitor?

Oilers have loaned Sheldon Souray to Hershey of the AHL. I can see why the Bears did this deal, the Caps took their #1 D pairing in Carlson-Alzner.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Believe it.

How about this:

Question though, what if the team that wins the Winter Classic does not finish better than the competitor?

Let me reword that, then.

The winner of the Winter Classic gets to choose the signature of the loser of the actual bet, whether or not they win the actual bet. So if they lose, they choose what they use.

oBIgzrL.png

Oilers have loaned Sheldon Souray to Hershey of the AHL. I can see why the Bears did this deal, the Caps took their #1 D pairing in Carlson-Alzner.

Hopefully this means Angelica Bridges'll be at Bears' games.

(Are they even still married?)

Hopefully this means Angelica Bridges'll be at Bears' games.

(Are they even still married?)

According to wikipedia they separated in 06 but got back together.

The new-look Wild are making their season debut on Versus. I'm excited to watch all of their new players, especially John Madden and the occasional start of Jose Theodore in net. After finishing 13th in the Western Conference last year, I'm optimistic that they will contend for a playoff spot this year.

As I type, Guillome Latendresse (sp?) scored the first goal of the NHL season. Let's Go Wild!!

Archived