2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the report of the game...Wow, Minnesota was playing some stupid hockey in the 2nd, & it really cost them. 3 penalties in a 2 minute span is just asking for an L. That game perfectly encapsulated my expectations for the Wild this year: Good enough to not suck, but bad enough to not win.

Just read the report of the game...Wow, Minnesota was playing some stupid hockey in the 2nd, & it really cost them. 3 penalties in a 2 minute span is just asking for an L. That game perfectly encapsulated my expectations for the Wild this year: Good enough to not suck, but bad enough to not win.

You summed up Minnesota's outlook quite nicely. It will definitely be a long season for them. As for Carolina, they may surprise some teams and will challenge for the sixth, seventh, or eight playoff seed in the East.

Welcome to the Northwest Division.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I see the Pens struggles against backup goaltending have made the move across the street as well.

I wouldn't say just that. The guy Philly had in net was on his game.

If anything, it's the tendency to look for the perfect play and often making bad passes in doing so that made the jump across Center Ave.

oBIgzrL.png

Yesssss. "Miklas Jarmerson" is looking to have a big night.

Turco is 14/15 through one period. We're missing Campbell. That's like Niemi through one game last year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That was some debut by Eberle. The Oilers Kids Club is going to be a pretty exciting watch this season.

And another exciting game going on in Colorado between the Avs and the Hawks. Fast, physical, offensive. Great game to close out the Opening Night schedule. I hope this thing can get to OT.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Nice name for the old arena.

BTW, I kinda enjoy these opening Primere games in Finland and so forth. It's neat to see the NHL style of game in foreign countries that do enjoy hockey. I'm pleasently surprised how well the people in Helsenki are there to show up for a two game series between the Hurricanes and Wild. I wonder if the same will be said for the Columbus-San Jose series in Stockholm and the Boston-Phoenix series in Prague...

The NHL should do like the NFL and have the premier game at the defending cup champions place, and have a an all day fest-sorta-thing.

The fact the 'Hawks opened up on the road is a travesty.

Also, the NHL needs more fans and more exposure here in North America, not Europe.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Nice name for the old arena.

BTW, I kinda enjoy these opening Primere games in Finland and so forth. It's neat to see the NHL style of game in foreign countries that do enjoy hockey. I'm pleasently surprised how well the people in Helsenki are there to show up for a two game series between the Hurricanes and Wild. I wonder if the same will be said for the Columbus-San Jose series in Stockholm and the Boston-Phoenix series in Prague...

Agreed. The media thinks it's a watering down of a good thing kinda like having two outdoor games. It's not like the Canes and Wild are playing in Mexico City or Athens, They're going to markets where Hockey is just as ingrained in to society as it is back home and it's at the start of year as well so that's an even bigger bonus.

I'd like to see maybe a fourth game but I know the NHL wouldn't even dare go into Moscow.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived