2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

It's officially the Scotiabank Saddledome.

saddledome_325.jpg

I for one am a fan of the logo and the name change.

Ahhh the Calgary, Olympic, Pengrowth, Scotiabank Saddledown throws down another new names and Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium. Retorts bring it bitch I can get another new name.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The league is pandering to the European markets under the guise of "28% of our players are from Europe," when in reality, they just don't want another pro league across the big pond to compete with the NHL.

And although I like, nay, love the idea of the league opening up on a Friday night, with the Cup champs hosting the Cup runners-up, until the league does something to fix their stupid scheduling problems, this isn't always possible. If it's a year when the non-winners aren't going to travel to the champs' division, well it throws everything out of whack.

Inconvenient? Yes. Insurmountable? No. That's why I'm a proponent of the 84-game schedule movement.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's officially the Scotiabank Saddledome.

saddledome_325.jpg

I for one am a fan of the logo and the name change.

Ahhh the Calgary, Olympic, Pengrowth, Scotiabank Saddledown throws down another new names and Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium. Retorts bring it bitch I can get another new name.

Don't forget Canadian Airlines (Apart of Air Canada now)

I was thinking it was going to be either another oil type business Encana or whatever or possibly Canada's fastest growing company over the last decade WestJet. Either way we need a new arena with in 5 years.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You know I understand sponsor named arenas are part of life, but can the name stay teh same for cryig out loud.

To me the Astros still play at Enron Field.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know I understand sponsor named arenas are part of life, but can the name stay teh same for cryig out loud.

To me the Astros still play at Enron Field.

After the company did the biggest bankrupcy at that date, nobody dare call the Astros stadium "Enron Field."

Three minutes into the Blue Jackets season and they're down 1-0. Same old same old, nothing new there.

These neutral site swedish crowds are awful. There's no energy in the building. It feels like I'm watching a preseason NFL game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Two goals in 15 seconds? How very un-hitchcockian.

The Sharks twentieth anniversary logo placement is weird. It's on the left sleeve wedged between the sleeve number and the stripe. It's barely noticeable. Just lose the dumb chest number!

PvO6ZWJ.png

Very scary moment during the Caps/Thrashers game. Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavalec passes out on the ice two mintues into the game and remained motionless. I hope he is okay. It's moments like these where you fear the worst.

Ondrej Pavelec has been taken to the hospital, after spending several minutes motionless on the ice with his eyes closed. Medical staff from both teams had to lift him onto the gurney. Frightening.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ondrej Pavelec has been taken to the hospital, after spending several minutes motionless on the ice with his eyes closed. Medical staff from both teams had to lift him onto the gurney. Frightening.

He has regained consciousness according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Absolutely scary moment there, I hope he's alright.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Why wasn't the game called like when Fischer went down?

He was prolly showing good vitals as he was being taken off the ice where as Fischers heart stopped completely and they had to revive him on the bench.

But thats just a guess.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Seeing Pavelec unconscious was quite scary, as hardly anyone saw him before he collapsed. The play was on the other side of the rink, and Pavelec was laying between the circles, an odd place for the goalie to be. He wasn't touched.

It was refreshing to hear that he was awake and alert.

Kinda late to the prediction party, but I think the Penguins will be winning the Cup this year. I know it's kinda trendy, but they've got a lot of tools they need to make another Cup run

As for the Islanders, I think they'll be in the 10-12 range. Once Okposo's back they should be playing some good hockey, and as I said in Tank's thread I think they're a year away from becoming a solid playoff team

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived