2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Lady and Gentleman, hell has begun to freeze over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs lead the Eastern Conference and are presently undefeated.

Yup. The world is going to end.

Can we wait till the

All Star break to be proclaiming the end of the world? :D

TSN won't wait. They've already began planing the route down Yonge Street or whatever. :P

Don Cherry, Mike Milburry and the gang on HNIC were already popping the champange bottles last night.

and since I mentioned his name why is Mike Milburry on TV!? He's awful and has no credibility.

Because he's not a GM... Oh wait.

Mike Milbury isn't good at anything. :D

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lady and Gentleman, hell has begun to freeze over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs lead the Eastern Conference and are presently undefeated.

Yup. The world is going to end.

Can we wait till the

All Star break to be proclaiming the end of the world? :D

TSN won't wait. They've already began planing the route down Yonge Street or whatever. :P

Don Cherry, Mike Milburry and the gang on HNIC were already popping the champange bottles last night.

and since I mentioned his name why is Mike Milburry on TV!? He's awful and has no credibility.

Because he's not a GM... Oh wait.

Mike Milbury isn't good at anything. :D

Same reason why Matt Millen is on TV?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1Q2AY1-Eo&feature=player_embedded

Nothing needs to be said. Genuine gold. Too bad he'll be up for supplemental discipline but this is hilarious.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

And speaking of supplementary discipline:

No way you could say that wasn't dirty.

Completely off-topic and probably really bad timing, but I've always wanted to see a trainer slip on the ice. Something about that screams viral-video.

Step 1: Player gets severely injured.

Step 2: Trainer runs onto ice and slips, bumping head on ice.

Step 3: Refs check on player while players call for trainer from other team.

Step 4: Other team's trainer doesn't know which person to check on.

Step 5: Crowd stands/sits dumbfounded, wondering if they should laugh or remain quiet.

/End sadistic fantasy rant

On-topic - that hit was uncalled for. But the Sabres' unis look delightful!

Hjalmarsson will defintely get something for that. That was bad.

The whip that goes through Pominville's body and neck was really really bad.

-------

Nothing needs to be said. Genuine gold. Too bad he'll be up for supplemental discipline but this is hilarious.

I miss James Wisniewski :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hjalmarsson will defintely get something for that. That was bad.

The whip that goes through Pominville's body and neck was really really bad.

-------

I miss James Wisniewski :lol:

So you are missing defensemen in Anahiem. I was wondering about that. Hey if anyone locates any defensemen, could you please send them to Anaheim? I guess when they were making out the rosters the forgot defensemen. I can see Bob Murray and Randy Carlyle going over the team rosters at the end of training camp.

Carlyle: We have some left wings, some right wings, some centers, a couple goaltenders. We're good to go.

Murray: Don't you think we might need some defensemen?

Carlyle: Nope. They're over-rated. It's a fad that'll die out.

Murray: Really?

Carlyle: Really. Just remember this day. One day we'll look back on it and laugh about it and say, "Remember when we thought about putting defensemen on the team? What were we thinking?!?"

Murray: Okay.

So you are missing defensemen in Anahiem. I was wondering about that. Hey if anyone locates any defensemen, could you please send them to Anaheim? I guess when they were making out the rosters the forgot defensemen. I can see Bob Murray and Randy Carlyle going over the team rosters at the end of training camp.

Carlyle: We have some left wings, some right wings, some centers, a couple goaltenders. We're good to go.

Murray: Don't you think we might need some defensemen?

Carlyle: Nope. They're over-rated. It's a fad that'll die out.

Murray: Really?

Carlyle: Really. Just remember this day. One day we'll look back on it and laugh about it and say, "Remember when we thought about putting defensemen on the team? What were we thinking?!?"

Murray: Okay.

I don't doubt that that exact conversation happened.

Cam Fowler, as an 18-year old with all of 3 NHL games under his belt, is by far and away the Ducks' best defenseman. Paul Mara in second, but not that close to Fowler. The Ducks have been outscored 4-0, 4-1, and 5-1 in their first 3 games. They've been outshot 43-21, 47-39, and 53-14 today in St. Louis. Not mention just not getting any breaks whatsoever in the ways of posts and reviewed goals. And the two goals, both by Saku Koivu, have basically come in garbage time, a phrase the Ducks have defined more in these 3 games than I can remember in any 3 game stretch in recent memory. In each game, from about the middle of the second onwards, it's just been frustrated jawing and pushing and roughing and fights. Today we even got a couple line brawls reminiscent of the late 90s Mighty Ducks. And worst part about the frustrated aggression is the two biggest incidents were incited by newly appointed captain Ryan Getzlaf.

Defensive help isn't coming swiftly either. Toni Lydman is still out indefinitely because of his double vision incident. Andy Sutton fractured his thumb in a fight against Detroit. Luca Sbisa has been underwhelming in his one game and got scratched today for recent call-up Brett Festerling. And the Ducks did sign 35-year old Andreas Lilja today, but he has to get his work visa. And Lubomir Visnovsky had looked to have seriously injured himself today, but managed to come back, but who knows about that. So the D corps for Wednesday's home opener vs some people's Stanley Cup pick in Vancouver will probably be this:

Visnovsky - Mikkelson

Fowler - Mara

Brookbank - Festerling/Sbisa

We might find a better overall D corps at the affiliate in Syracuse. Pathetic.

On the Ducks message board I'm on, we made a joke today that we should reset to 1992 and have a new coach come in (Get rid of Carlyle (and Murray for that matter)) and we take the star from our crosstown rival (Somehow pry Doughty or Jack Johnson away to help the defense) to help turn around this struggling band of misfits and take them to the title! (Plot from the original Mighty Ducks for anyone lost)

This edition of the Ducks is going to suck royally. Unless something drastic changes on defense and that won't happen unless something happens in the front office. More Murray than Carlyle.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wisniewski got 2 games, same amount as Hjalmarsson got for the Pominville hit...only in the goddamned NHL.

Archived