Redskins Gold Pants

kmw_29

I have read that a lot of people like the new look with the gold pants, striped socks, etc. This viewpoint has been documented two weeks in a row now on Uniwatch. While I like the gold pants, I must say that the uniform is a mess! They have different stripe patterns for the helmet (3 stripes with space between them), jersey (two stripes), pants (three stripes close together), and socks. They need to unify the look in a hurry. It just looks so sloppy. Thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd tend to agree somewhat, but the gold pants are so significant an upgrade that I don't really care.

If anything, drop the sleeve stripes altogether.

This. 100%.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'd tend to agree somewhat, but the gold pants are so significant an upgrade that I don't really care.

QFT

If they go back and tweak it in the offseason, great. But I'm not complaining.

Thirded. I noticed the gold pants last week right away and was so happy to see them again this week. I didn't even notice the striping inconsistencies I was so delighted by the color combo.

I like the yellow pants (let's not kid ourselves into calling them gold, they are yellow. They wore gold pants when they wore their retro "spear" throwbacks a few years ago). The new (meaning current) look reminds me of my 1974 Coleco Electric Football Game players. It came with a set of maroon and blue torsos and sets of yellow and white legs. Most of the time i would put the Red Torsos on the Yellow legs and play Redskins vs. Bills.

I like the yellow pants (let's not kid ourselves into calling them gold, they are yellow. They wore gold pants when they wore their retro "spear" throwbacks a few years ago). The new (meaning current) look reminds me of my 1974 Coleco Electric Football Game players. It came with a set of maroon and blue torsos and sets of yellow and white legs. Most of the time i would put the Red Torsos on the Yellow legs and play Redskins vs. Bills.

Yeah. When I saw Washington week one I thought "'current' above the waist,'retro' below the waist".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So wait wait, I don't know if I missed the train on this, but did the Redskins change their uni set for the remainder of the season? Including maroon at home?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I disagree with both points. First off, keep the sleeve stripes at all cost. Even if they are bastardized, there is no reason every single jersey can't have a cuff on the sleeves with two stripes. As for the yellow pants, I like the look (when I squint and pretend the stripes are different), but I think the red jerseys with white pants is a great look. I don't get why people are so down on that look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I disagree with both points. First off, keep the sleeve stripes at all cost. Even if they are bastardized, there is no reason every single jersey can't have a cuff on the sleeves with two stripes. As for the yellow pants, I like the look (when I squint and pretend the stripes are different), but I think the red jerseys with white pants is a great look. I don't get why people are so down on that look.

I don't think people are necessarily down on the burgundy-over-white look (which I agree is a great look); but rather, more in love with burgundy over (athletic) gold. Which is also a great look--overall.

Detail-wise, though, the mismatching stripe elements are a bit annoying. And speaking of which, I don't know how long they've been doing it, but it appears lately that the 'Skins have taken a page out of the Bears' book and relegated the sleeve "stripes" to the sleeve cuffs. Pretty slick.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The 'Skins shall wear maroon at home under Shanahan, and he made 'em wear the tremendous (albeit inconsistently striped) gold pants.

They have never, nor will ever, wear maroon.

(I'm Ron) Burgandy?

:rolleyes:

(This coming from the Ducks fan that quickly criticizes someone calling the Mighty Ducks colors Purple and green/teal and corrects them with Eggplant and Jade :P:lol: )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think people are necessarily down on the burgundy-over-white look (which I agree is a great look); but rather, more in love with burgundy over (athletic) gold. Which is also a great look--overall.

Detail-wise, though, the mismatching stripe elements are a bit annoying. And speaking of which, I don't know how long they've been doing it, but it appears lately that the 'Skins have taken a page out of the Bears' book and relegated the sleeve "stripes" to the sleeve cuffs. Pretty slick.

I think the whole burgundy-over-gold look is shocking because it hasn't been seen in a while, at least in it not being part of a throwback set. They've basically taken their primary unif from helmet to jersey and added the pants and socks from throwback set they used a few years back. It's not uncommon for new coaches to want to change the look of their team either through they're own wants or a colaboration with management as well. Teams that come to mind are Holmgren/Seahawks, Parcells/Jets/Patriots and now Shanahan with the Skins'. When you deal with a team dictated as 'classic' such as the Redskins, Raiders, Browns, Packers, Steelers, Bears, you're only allowed to get away with so much from a fan perspective unless you truly don't give a s**t like the Vikings and Bengals!

And yes to unihaloics like myself, the stripe theme or lack there of, does bother me but that's why we vent on boards like this. And yeah I've seen players on the Skins using the cuff for the stripes but the only thing that bugs me is that the top stripe stops midway through and becomes the bottom color? Haven't seen it done on a bears uni yet but I'll keep an eye out!

redskinsthrowback.jpg

The 'Skins shall wear maroon at home under Shanahan, and he made 'em wear the tremendous (albeit inconsistently striped) gold pants.

They have never, nor will ever, wear maroon.

(I'm Ron) Burgandy?

:rolleyes:

(This coming from the Ducks fan that quickly criticizes someone calling the Mighty Ducks colors Purple and green/teal and corrects them with Eggplant and Jade :P:lol: )

Officially, the Mighty Ducks listed their colors as Purple, Jade and Silver.

"Eggplant" was something they sometimes called the Purple (along with Deep Plum), although - I don't believe - it was ever officially called that.

Archived