NBA Store - New Hardwood Classics

Windmill360

So I don't know a lot about the selling of NBA jerseys (I actually own zero). Does this mean that those jerseys specifically (with those names and numbers) have just been put on sale? Because I know that Orlando black jersey has been a throwback for the Magic for a while. I mean that's been for sale for a while already... hasn't it?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Robert Horry? C'mon, man! Robert freaking Horry? Can I get a Dream Shake? Maybe at least a Glide? Damn.

I have an Olajuwon "hardwood classic" jersey in that exact style and have seen the Drexler one available. Horry nailed down a ton of big shots over the Rockets two year title runs. Now, we just need a Cassel, Kenny Smith, and Elie!

So I don't know a lot about the selling of NBA jerseys (I actually own zero). Does this mean that those jerseys specifically (with those names and numbers) have just been put on sale? Because I know that Orlando black jersey has been a throwback for the Magic for a while. I mean that's been for sale for a while already... hasn't it?

Some of those jerseys, like the rockets one and the magic one have been for sale already, however I don't think they've sold that style with Horry or O'Neil for a long time hence the new arrival tag in the store. The Grizzlies, Nets, Kings,Suns and Mavericks era jerseys haven't been on the NBA store for a while if not ever (to my recollection).

Some of those jerseys, like the rockets one and the magic one have been for sale already, however I don't think they've sold that style with Horry or O'Neil for a long time hence the new arrival tag in the store. The Grizzlies, Nets, Kings,Suns and Mavericks era jerseys haven't been on the NBA store for a while if not ever (to my recollection).

Oh ok, cool. Thanks.

So does anyone know if the fact these new releases that are on sale have any relationship to whether these are going to be worn as throwbacks this season? They are all for teams that (to my recollection) haven't worn throwbacks for a while.

I ask this because I haven't heard anything about what throwbacks will be worn this season.

Another thing I noticed is that many of the new releases are just over 10 years old such as the Nets, Grizzlies, Mavs, and Suns. I wonder if there is some sort of 10 year rule before a jersey can be considered a hardwood classic?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Am I the only one who prefers this Grizz jersey to that?

IMG_4393.JPG

No, you aren't. That look was top-notch.

The first jersey I ever bought was a Derrick Coleman Nets jersey, because they didn't make Drazen Petrovic jerseys. I am most intrigued by this development.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Am I the only one who prefers this Grizz jersey to that?

IMG_4393.JPG

No, you aren't. That look was top-notch.

The first jersey I ever bought was a Derrick Coleman Nets jersey, because they didn't make Drazen Petrovic jerseys. I am most intrigued by this development.

Make that 3. By the way, does anyone have a close-up of the trim on those teal atroci... beauties?

ujsignature.png

I hope those aren't the throwbacks being worn in this years' HC programme. I'd prefer to see more obscure and unusual jerseys that don't normally get an airing (like the Bucks' Irish Rainbow duds). Seems like those Nets, Magic and Royals throwbacks get trotted out every year.

Besides, I thought the only throwbacks being worn this year are ABA threads, in honour of the 35th anniversary of the last ABA season.

Surprised none of you guys posted this beauty, I wish it was a McDyess but it's still hot.

p8450927reg.jpg

I like the Grizzlies teal, wish they had the Raptors dinosaur.

They do have a McGrady away Raptors dinosaur jersey coming this year, it's just not up yet, give it a few days, also bootleggers have been selling Carter's and McGrady's on ebay for a long time, they're double stitched unlike these and cheaper than these, I know some bootlegs are jokes but these are good ones.

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,REB-7996A-336-ASRTMC.html

If that was a Bryant Reeves I'd be tempted. Loved that big lug. Alas, as tempted as I would be, I don't wear basketball jerseys.

I'd prefer Abdur-Rahim, but yeah Bryant would be cool, hopefully they'll drop one or both of them in white and black.

The Grizzlies jersey is amazing.

Word, it shall be mine, wish they would have left the Grizzlies word mark screen printed like it's supposed to be, the printing on the crappy stitchable low end crest fades too fast.

I think officially teams have to wait 5 years before something is considered a hardwood classic.

Hopefully these jerseys will be worn throughout the season.

No man, these are just a part of the Adidas NBA Soul collection, it's just merchandise, it holds no bearing on which Hardwood Classics will be worn this year.

And no, it doesn't have to be ten years old for them to release it as a HWC...

I can't believe they chose this crappy design over the two previous superior looks we wore.

http://www.stadiumstyle.com/prod/2958-Seattle-SuperSonics-Gary-Payton-Throwback-Adidas-Swingman-Jersey.html

I love the hell out of that Bibby jersey, but I probably don't listen to enough Vampire Weekend to qualify to wear it in Brooklyn.

Those guys wouldn't wear these, they're too long and loose, even I think they're too long and I'm anything but an indie kid, I'm from Seattle and I'm dying to get out because I'm surrounded by a culture I'm not comfortable in.

If you love the hell out of the Bibby jersey buy it and wear the hell out of it; that's what I'm gonna do.

And can some explain to me why "hipsters" think wearing these jerseys is "ironic" everything is ironic to them, Jeff Hornacek was a good NBA player, there's nothing ironic about it. I HATE these people.

http://deadspin.com/5592868/we-want-to-see-your-ironic-nba-jerseys

I hope those aren't the throwbacks being worn in this years' HC programme. I'd prefer to see more obscure and unusual jerseys that don't normally get an airing (like the Bucks' Irish Rainbow duds). Seems like those Nets, Magic and Royals throwbacks get trotted out every year.

Besides, I thought the only throwbacks being worn this year are ABA threads, in honour of the 35th anniversary of the last ABA season.

Dope, 70s ABA threads get the thumbs up, not as big of a thumbs up as the over the top beautiful 90s ones but still cool.

I love those Grizz jerseys!

I don't wear NBA jerseys, but I like those Grizzlies ones alot. I'd love to see the Raptors ones too.

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,REB-7996A-336-ASRTMC.html

Archived