Denver Broncos WR Kenny McKinley Passes Away

ADW77

Perhaps this one hits a little closer to home to me than other recent athlete deaths because McKinley played at SC while I was also a student there, but have you ever stopped to consider that threads about deceased athletes wouldn't really miss your sarcasm and lack of class if you decided to stop trolling them? I find it incredible you took the time and energy to post three separate entries in this thread, since each occasion apparently required pulling your head out of your ass to do it.

You're right. You wouldn't care had you not had that connection at South Carolina. But you see, I don't. While I do find his death unfortunate, it was a suicide. Afterall, it was his choice to off himself. I'm sorry if Kenny was an actual friend of yours, someone you said "hi" to once on campus, or someone you just thought highly of -- but at the same time, suicide is just one of those things I'll never get or understand why people do.

6uXNWAo.png

Some of the comments in here are pretty sad IMO. I'm not going to start a whole debate over this, because frankly there isn't one to have. Dying of suicide is really no different than dying of heart disease or any other kind of illness. Anyone who has either personally dealt with severe depression or watched a loved one become debilitated by it and / or eventually die from it will tell you that. I realize that this is an internet message board, and people sometimes just post stuff for the hell of it or to get a rise out of people (hell, I do it all the time) so I'm not going to make a big deal out of anything, but for anyone not to "accept" it, or have any sympathy for him, is immature, uneducated, and frankly, stupid.

Still no reason not to make the obligatory "today we are all" joke though. That will always be apropos, no matter what the cause of death.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Some of the comments in here are pretty sad IMO. I'm not going to start a whole debate over this, because frankly there isn't one to have. Dying of suicide is really no different than dying of heart disease or any other kind of illness. Anyone who has either personally dealt with severe depression or watched a loved one become debilitated by it and / or eventually die from it will tell you that. I realize that this is an internet message board, and people sometimes just post stuff for the hell of it or to get a rise out of people (hell, I do it all the time) so I'm not going to make a big deal out of anything, but for anyone not to "accept" it, or have any sympathy for him, is immature, uneducated, and frankly, stupid.

Still no reason not to make the obligatory "today we are all" joke though. That will always be apropos, no matter what the cause of death.

May the people who don't understand and don't accept it never have to deal with it in their own lives. I hope Kenny has found peace.

Personally though, laughter is the magical cure-all. Today we are all 'Cocks, while completely tasteless, made me laugh a bit.

Perhaps this one hits a little closer to home to me than other recent athlete deaths because McKinley played at SC while I was also a student there, but have you ever stopped to consider that threads about deceased athletes wouldn't really miss your sarcasm and lack of class if you decided to stop trolling them? I find it incredible you took the time and energy to post three separate entries in this thread, since each occasion apparently required pulling your head out of your ass to do it.

You're right. You wouldn't care had you not had that connection at South Carolina. But you see, I don't. While I do find his death unfortunate, it was a suicide. Afterall, it was his choice to off himself. I'm sorry if Kenny was an actual friend of yours, someone you said "hi" to once on campus, or someone you just thought highly of -- but at the same time, suicide is just one of those things I'll never get or understand why people do.

You speak of it as if he made a rational choice. This reminds me of migraine headaches. People with a tough headache will label it a migraine. Others will question Percy Harvin's toughness for not "playing through" his migraines. I'd be willing to bet those people have never had a true migraine.

I've had one, fortunately with an easily identifiable cause and cure. I sincerely pray I never have another, because I laid in bed for about six hours, nauseated beyond belief, with the worst pain of my life in my head and a nasty little bonus you get with true migraines: hypersensitivity of every sense. Taste wasn't an issue because even the thought of ingesting anything nearly made me puke, but any noise, light, touch, or smell was magnified and perceived by my body like fingernails on a chalkboard through a rock band's amps. It took about three days before I felt normal again.

Same with depression. It's a dark, dark place and it doesn't matter whether you have money, a great gf or spouse, fame, a job others covet, blah blah. Something's off in your head and the feeling of hopelessness is very real. And like the migraines, unless you've experienced it, then yes, it would be difficult to understand.

Another example is a serious car wreck or being the victim of a violent crime or watching the sun rise over the Grand Canyon for that matter. Try explaining to someone who's never experienced it and having them really understand.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You speak of it as if he made a rational choice. This reminds me of migraine headaches. People with a tough headache will label it a migraine. Others will question Percy Harvin's toughness for not "playing through" his migraines. I'd be willing to bet those people have never had a true migraine.

I've had one, fortunately with an easily identifiable cause and cure. I sincerely pray I never have another, because I laid in bed for about six hours, nauseated beyond belief, with the worst pain of my life in my head and a nasty little bonus you get with true migraines: hypersensitivity of every sense. Taste wasn't an issue because even the thought of ingesting anything nearly made me puke, but any noise, light, touch, or smell was magnified and perceived by my body like fingernails on a chalkboard through a rock band's amps. It took about three days before I felt normal again.

So you're saying that you became Daredevil? That's not bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

At the very least, he became Ben Affleck.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

At the very least, he became Ben Affleck.

There's a difference?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived