Rio Grande Valley Magic SIFL team logo

Burmy

It is my pleasure to announce to you the first ever sports logo to feature an ocelot:

MagicLogoFinal.jpg

They are native to South Texas, and give the team the opportunity to break new ground with their design?

So, what are your thoughts?

Is there some kind of connection between "magic" and "ocelots" that I'm missing? I thought it was ligers wre bred for their skills in magic.

1. Rio Grande Valley is known as the "Magic Valley" because: It's a hot, dry, area, leaving farmers having to use elaborate irrigation to make their crops grow. Visitors saw lucsious orchards but no rain-they thought a magic growing spell hit the area-and the name stuck.

2. Ocelots are native to South Texas. You can read why they picked it here.

Oh good, Navy and Black.

There is something about this that screams "Huge effing Ocelot!" I'm pretty sure it's the tiny football. Magical Giant Ocelots. I hate the typefaces used in this. HATE them. Other than that, this is average at best. Nothing engaging or interesting, just a generically rendered ocelot waving a football, with astroids behind it that are supposed to represent magic...dust...or something.

I wanted to defend this. I really, really did....but I can't. I agree with Leggs up there. If you take any part of this package (I can only say that world like Gregor in the DirecTV commercials now) alone, it's not exactly turrble, BUT combined, it's like a clip-art cluster:censored:. This isn't even "average at best" honestly. It's like a collage of well thought out, but not well executed, individual pieces. There is absolutely no cohesion at all. It's really aesthetically jarring, to the point that I would be suprised if one person did this whole thing from start to finish.

Archived