Old vs New Soda Logos: Which do your prefer?

Master Amino

What ever happened to RC?

It use to be on a par with Coke and Pepsi, it had commercials with celebrity sports endorsers see Ron Darling in 1986 was served at Shea Stadium for years.

Now its hard to find, and is more like a generic soda.

It had a recent cameo on Tosh.0. Does that count? :P

It's pop.

Thoughts with no apparent order:

I'd say the current Mtn Dew is the best because it fits it's market better than the oldest one while still looking clean.

The new Pepsi logo would be perfect if they just kept the original swivelly thing instead of that new weird shape. The font and complete simplicity is great, just need the recognizable logo attached.

I think all the Sprite ones are fine.

RC has taken a throwback logo and made it unbearable, return to the 90's logo please.

The 7-Up dude is awesome.

I LOVE Coke's current look. The ribbon never seemed to fit on 2-liters and they always added stuff which made it too busy. The white-on-red text looks perfect and the ribbon fits right in on the cans.

Seriously, it's pop.

No, seriously, it's soda pop or just soda. Get over yourself. :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That just means the northern part of our country is stupid and the southern part is lazy.

It's soda, and soda pop if you're feeling whimsical.

Pop. That's a noise. I hear it all the time here in Champaign, and I seriously just look at them as if they're stupid and go "what?". Because "pop" is unacceptable.

That just means the northern part of our country is stupid and the southern part is lazy.

Pop. That's a noise. I hear it all the time here in Champaign, and I seriously just look at them as if they're stupid and go "what?". Because "pop" is unacceptable.

I'm not making a claim that it's right, just putting the graphic up.

But it's soda. ;)

I guess that map explains why my friends from the east coast are always saying things like "are you SURE you're from the midwest?" when I call it soda. One time someone told me the reason they call it pop is because of the "pop" the can makes and I asked him if he calls a cat a "meow" and a baby a "waaaaah."

Anyway, I like all of the older ones except for the newer pepsi. It just seems like most of the updates were made for the sake of "looking current," but didn't actually add anything to the overall look itself. Sprite and Mountain Dew are usually the most egregious offenders of this.

popvssodamap.gif

Nice pic, JQK. This proves I belong in Cali...not Minnesota. ;p

You know what really gets my underwear up in a bunch though? Dumb southerners and their "coke." Reminds me of a blog post I wrote once...

"Seriously, what the frick are you people thinking? You do realize there's actually a soda called Coke, right? So what happens when you go into a diner asking for Coke and they bring you out a Mountain Dew when what you really wanted was a fricken Coca Cola? You deserve to never get your order right. Dang hippies..."

HybridLogos-NBA-Timberwolves.png?t=1336836952

Its always been soda to me, but when I visit my grandfather in Idaho I do get strange looks.

As for the south its simple Coke is from Atlanta, and all they had down there for years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I get that calling all soda/pop Coke is like calling all tissue "Kleenex", but the biggest difference is all the flavors and styles. If you ask for a Kleenex and someone gives you a Puffs, who would know the difference or even care?? If you ask for a coke, wanting a Coke, and get a root beer or 7up then you can see how this is different and confusing to us folks not from the south.

"I'll have a coke."

"What kind?"

"Diet Pepsi."

edit: Also, to me, it's like if you were from Michigan and you were to refer to every vehicle on the road as a Ford or Chevy.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

In my opinion...

Pepsi: The new one is far superior than the old one.

Mountain Dew: While at first I did not like the new logo, it has grown on me. Now all they need to do is produce Pitch Black 3, then all will be right in the world. :D

Sprite: I think all of Sprite's logos are very good. However, I'm more partial to the "S" shaped logo.

RC: As much as I like the old RC logo, the new one looks flippin' fantastic!

Coca-Cola: All eras of Coke are genius. However, their current look is great.

Mello Yello: Old logo is good, new logo is better.

7UP: Does anyone even care for this soda anymore? I think it tastes as bad as it looks. They need to go back to formula with that one.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

In my opinion...

Mountain Dew: While at first I did not like the new logo, it has grown on me. Now all they need to do is produce Pitch Black 3, then all will be right in the world. :D

Sprite: I think all of Sprite's logos are very good. However, I'm more partial to the "S" shaped logo.

7UP: Does anyone even care for this soda anymore? I think it tastes as bad as it looks. They need to go back to formula with that one.

I love 7up, but I long for the return of dnL

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In my opinion...

I love 7up, but I long for the return of dnL

Easily the best lemon/lime soda ever created. +1 to you sir.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm from the south. If I went into a restaurant in the south a conversation would go like this:

Waitress: "What would you like to drink?"

Me: "I'll take a Coke."

Waitress: "Which kind would you like?"

Me: "Sprite."

Nothing wrong with that. Pop just sounds plain stupid. At least Coke and Soda makes sense.

And as a side question....do you all call it soda or pop? I'm literally the only Minnesotan I know who calls it soda. Everyone else says pop. Dumb.

95tq42.pngvs. brand.gifvs. 2mwgy3d.jpg

eiwj1x.jpgvs. brand.gifvs. 15daqad.jpg

brand.gifvs. brand.gifvs. brand.gif

My favorites of these three brands:

- Old Mountain Dew

- Old and Middle Pepsi

- Middle Sprite

While we're at it, anybody remember Ramblin Root Beer?

ccramblin1.JPG

Archived