Old vs New Soda Logos: Which do your prefer?

Master Amino

That just means the northern part of our country is stupid and the southern part is lazy.

It's soda, and soda pop if you're feeling whimsical.

Pop. That's a noise. I hear it all the time here in Champaign, and I seriously just look at them as if they're stupid and go "what?". Because "pop" is unacceptable.

Wow, if I knew you, I'd go out of my way to call it pop as much as possible, and I call it soda more than half the time anyway. It's fun to see how passionate people get over this. What is so stupid about calling it pop? It's a name given to the drink, and used by millions of people. Yes, it is also an onomatopoeia, but that doesn't mean it can't also be the name of a drink. Does that make sense? Maybe not, but if you haven't realized English doesn't make sense, you haven't thought about it long enough.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion...

Pepsi: The new one is far superior than the old one.

Mountain Dew: While at first I did not like the new logo, it has grown on me. Now all they need to do is produce Pitch Black 3, then all will be right in the world. :D

Sprite: I think all of Sprite's logos are very good. However, I'm more partial to the "S" shaped logo.

RC: As much as I like the old RC logo, the new one looks flippin' fantastic!

Coca-Cola: All eras of Coke are genius. However, their current look is great.

Mello Yello: Old logo is good, new logo is better.

7UP: Does anyone even care for this soda anymore? I think it tastes as bad as it looks. They need to go back to formula with that one.

I love 7up, but I long for the return of dnL

Easily the best lemon/lime soda ever created. +1 to you sir.

dnL was the greatest. I still yearn for another Pitch Black Mountain Dew, though.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

That just means the northern part of our country is stupid and the southern part is lazy.

It's soda, and soda pop if you're feeling whimsical.

Pop. That's a noise. I hear it all the time here in Champaign, and I seriously just look at them as if they're stupid and go "what?". Because "pop" is unacceptable.

Wow, if I knew you, I'd go out of my way to call it pop as much as possible, and I call it soda more than half the time anyway. It's fun to see how passionate people get over this. What is so stupid about calling it pop? It's a name given to the drink, and used by millions of people. Yes, it is also an onomatopoeia, but that doesn't mean it can't also be the name of a drink. Does that make sense? Maybe not, but if you haven't realized English doesn't make sense, you haven't thought about it long enough.

Such a serious reply. It actually looks like STL FANATIC was just going over the top on purpose there. I don't think people are seriously getting worked up over it as much as it's fun to appear like you are, considering the banality of the subject.

Just putting it out there but in Australia or in Adelaide at least I call it either a fizzy drink or a soft drink. To me, Soda is soda water which is similar to mineral water or sparkling water (i'm not really sure what the difference is).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use "soda" or "pop", I usually ask for cola, or the drink by name.

As for the logos, I like the old Sprite, middle MtnD, and the middle Pepsi. The older Pepsi logos had some power to them, while the new Pepsi is too minimalist and boring. That seems to be a trend, as MSN recently changed their logo & website look with the same stripped down modernism.

F7AFD6FD9371ACDFE1873AA174F5E.png

logo_new-pepsi-logo-2008-1.jpg?w=450&h=100

The Pepsi script logo is probably the classiest of all their incarnations..

pepsilogos.jpg

...and looks much better in large ads, especially in ballparks & stadiums

Pepsi-Porch.jpg

This might have been touched on already, but WTF is "MTN" Dew?

I know what Mountain Dew is but I'm not so sure about MTN Dew. When did Pepsico become too cool for extra letters?

Well, off to go watch highlights from the NBR CRNHK game. Maybe I'll snack on some PPCRN or call PZA HUT.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This might have been touched on already, but WTF is "MTN" Dew?

I know what Mountain Dew is but I'm not so sure about MTN Dew. When did Pepsico become too cool for extra letters?

Well, off to go watch highlights from the NBR CRNHK game. Maybe I'll snack on some PPCRN or call PZA HUT.

When pepsi thought changing their logo to smile was a good idea lmao.

Mountain Dew Code Red and voltage still has the older logo, hell I saw 20oz with a halo label and it still used the older logo, so I guess mountain dew just never made a new logo for them, lol.

In my part of central Illinois it's a firm split between "pop" and "soda." I myself prefer "pop" but there are some around here that call every soft drink a coke. To me, this is like calling every piece of meat ham, regardless of whether or not it's actually ham.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Inadvertent Mountain Dew Logo timeline on a local grocery store shelf:

hlQAe.jpg

Some expired soda there. Merchandisers never rotate. I'm always finding expired 12-packs in the displays and on the shelves.

Archived