Stadium Food

Centre 200, an arena that seats 4800, has a big concourse and one medium sized hallway. In spite of having pizza and popcorn and regular concessions like fountain pop and bags of chips, all I ever get is a Subway footlong Cold Cut Trio from probably the most makeshift Subway franchisee stand I've ever seen.

For intermissions I just go the video store next door and buy some candy or chips or pop or something else for cheaper.

When I was working there for the World Junior Hockey Championships druing Christmas week 2002, the voluteers had their own section opposite the locker rooms where I usually hung out instead of watching Belarus get pistol-whipped routinely from the Zamboni entrance. In this room they had Lipton Cup-a-Soups, bagels and Cheez Whiz, buns, mustard, Miracle Whip and a meat, cheese and veggie platters (with various tasty but unknown meats), yogurts, Gatorade, various sodas, juices, tea, coffee and two big ass TV's tuned into TSN all day including the Canadian Junior games. It was one sweet place to hang out, even if you didn't have to work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I guess I fell for it big time. I was in that thread on April 1st and I like most of us didn't know it was a joke. It's just carried over for me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, too bad you found out now because I've always wanted to see an April Fools joke that lasted until May.

I saw, I came, I left.

bs2282 Posted on Apr 23 2004, 01:05 AM

Well I guess I fell for it big time. I was in that thread on April 1st and I like most of us didn't know it was a joke. It's just carried over for me. 

AH hahahahahahahahahah! :lol: You really need to learn to read the whole thread. April 1st was April Fool's Day... it's the 23rd and the joke's still on you????

Happy April Tard's Day !

which reminds me, the IC in ICS does have some relevance. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I can put out a mean huli huli chicken! before football season Ill post the recipie, that is if I dont get flamed for starting a recipie exchange (WIB!  )

Hey now... I'll draw the line at laundry tips. I'm up for a cooking thread any day!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Fenway Park: A Fenway Frank, 2 Pretzels, Popcorn, and Soda

Hartford Civic Center: Popcorn and Soda

Fleet Center: Nothing, WAYYY overpriced. I sneak in my own food. Sneaky, Sneaky, :ninja:

Springfield Civic Center: A lot. There food really isn't that overpriced.

BTW, with all this I eat, can you believe I'm not fat???

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

at Bank of America (Carolina Panthers) stadium they've added a lot of our local restaurant's fare in the windows.

like everywhere else, it's too overpriced but... if i gotsta eats, i gotsta eat.

grab me 2 BBQ eastern NC style pork sandwiches w/ slaw, and a Carolina Blonde (or 2) beer. anything after that has to be the bottled water.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

at Bank of America (Carolina Panthers) stadium they've added a lot of our local restaurant's fare in the windows.

like everywhere else, it's too overpriced but... if i gotsta eats, i gotsta eat.

grab me 2 BBQ eastern NC style pork sandwiches w/ slaw, and a Carolina Blonde (or 2) beer. anything after that has to be the bottled water.

mmmmmmmmm......carolina blonde is good stuff.

Fenway Park: Fenway Franks, popcorn, couple beers

Yankee Stadium: ditto

Wow, you can get Fenway Franks at Yankee Stadium? :P

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Landon Arena (Topeka) - They are famous for their GREEN Hot Dogs :puke:

Arrowhead Staduim - Hamburger/Hot Dog and Coke

Kauffman Stadium - Pizza and Coke

Kemper Arena - I used to get their Funnel Cakes, mmmmmmmmm!

Kansas Coliseum (Wichita) - Papa John's Pizza!

Sykdome - Hard Rock Cafe

I need to get up to PNC again this year. Nothing like a Primanti Bros. pastrami & cheese, with the slaw and fries smooshed in with it, and a cold Iron City. Chowing down on that, on the 3rd base side with the skyline looming over the park from across the Allegheny... That's baseball heaven for me, right there.

Now if only the Bucs would start WINNING...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I need to get up to PNC again this year. Nothing like a Primanti Bros. pastrami & cheese, with the slaw and fries smooshed in with it, and a cold Iron City. Chowing down on that, on the 3rd base side with the skyline looming over the park from across the Allegheny... That's baseball heaven for me, right there.

PittUnited, you beat me too it. I was going to inform the folks here about Primanti Bros., a Pittsburgh original. They also have Quaker Steak and Lube wings, which i get now and then when i see teh Buccos play.

But what's nice is the rare occasion i get to visit my company's luxury suite. The food is just hot dogs and cold subs. But it's free and so is the fridge full of decent beer (which, in my tastes, doesn't include Iron City).

Now that's livin'.

Fenway Park: Fenway Franks, popcorn, couple beers

Yankee Stadium: ditto

Wow, you can get Fenway Franks at Yankee Stadium? :P

yeah, after I posted that one I wondered how long it would be until someone caught that one.

I think the Yankee Dogs are Sabretts. Someone at Hartford Civic Center told me that, I think the same company manages both. I liked the dogs at both places, pretty good.

But dogs are useless unless there's some Gulden's to go with it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Busch Stadium: 2 hot dogs (preferably burnt) with mustard and a large fresh-squeezed lemonade.

Ed Jones Dome (when I'm lucky enough to land Rams tix): The food sucks. I eat beforehand. Bagels and Lox at Kopperman's Deli for Sunday games. Mucho Quesadilla Platter at ZuZu's before Monday night games.

Savvis Center - Usually ZuZu's before the game. However this year I had a bit of luck and got invited to sit in corporate luxury boxes twice. First time they had the deluxe nacho bar - most excellent. The second time it was out of control -- Caesar salad, Beef Tenderloin, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and a dessert bar.

Faurot Field (Missouri Football) - I never eat at the games. Nothing gets between me and my Tigers. And afterwards we usually go with my parents to dinner at this fantastic trattoria on Ninth Street.

I was in Pittsburgh earlier this month and I have to say I was a little disappointed in Primanti Bros. To me it seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of meat or cheese to the sandwich. Granted, I asked for no slaw, but it didn't seem like there was much else keeping the fries company.

I was in Pittsburgh earlier this month and I have to say I was a little disappointed in Primanti Bros. To me it seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of meat or cheese to the sandwich. Granted, I asked for no slaw, but it didn't seem like there was much else keeping the fries company.

I first ate their about a week after moving to Pittsburgh about five years ago. I hated it. I didn't go back for about a year and somehow loved it. The thing about those sandwiches, it doesn't matter what kind of meat is on it. You really cant' taste it. There's so much stuff on it -- coleslaw, tomatoes, french fries, all smashed together with Italian bread -- you can't taste any meat or cheese.

But put all together, it's a pretty good sandwich. Slater some hot sauce on it and it's near perfect.

Damn. Now i'm hungry.

Yeah, the lack of slaw is probably what did it... You might want to double the meat and cheese on it next time.

Wow... All this talk about the 'Burgh is making me homesick... :cry:

piratesSig.gif

I have a question for our Canadian members (or other worldly drinkers)...

I was at the Expos (Montreal) home opener today (or yesterday, as it were) and I had the misfortune of trying something called Molson Export, which tasted like socks in seltzer. My question, then, is does all Canadian beer suck this bad? What should I look out for next time I'm up north?

Archived