Stadium Food

This one time, in Duluth, we went to Wade Stadium to see the Dukes play St. Paul ($6 bucks a seat, two rows behind homeplate)....anyway, we got these incredible calzones there, $3 a pop. Unbelievable stuff.

And of course, Wheat Belt on tap. Those made even the Dukes look like a baseball team.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question for our Canadian members (or other worldly drinkers)...

I was at the Expos (Montreal) home opener today (or yesterday, as it were) and I had the misfortune of trying something called Molson Export, which tasted like socks in seltzer. My question, then, is does all Canadian beer suck this bad? What should I look out for next time I'm up north?

Molson Export does, indeed, suck.

If you're gonna go with a mass-produced item, stick with the standards...Labatt Blue, Molson Canadian. If you need a light beer, Labatt's Lite (or Blue lite in Ontario) is the most popular choice. I, however, hate all those beers.

If you get a chance, hit a beer vendor and get the Rickard's Taster's Twelve. It's a 12-pack, consisting of 4 each of Rickard's Red, Honey Brown Ale, and Pale Ale. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Just don't buy beer in Saskatchewan. We paid almost $23 for a 12 of beer there last weekend...had we known, we would have brought our own from Winnipeg.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I agree with OSilverbacks (I'm doing alot of that lately) -- this Canadian thinks Molson Export is pretty brutal. Reminds me of Crystal, Schooner and all that other cheap beer we used to drink in University.

Labatt's Blue and Molson Canadian are the swill that's pretty safe around here.

How about Alpine? When I went to Saint John, the arena was selling Moosehead products. Mossehead is great stuff, but it seemed that Alpine was their version of Miller Lite. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't Moosehead.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I was at the Expos (Montreal) home opener today (or yesterday, as it were) and I had the misfortune of trying something called Molson Export, which tasted like socks in seltzer. My question, then, is does all Canadian beer suck this bad? What should I look out for next time I'm up north?

no

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, OSilverbacks knows his stuff. Export, although I've only had it in the States (imagine the irony in having Export as an import), has a tendancy to taste skunky.

Labatt Blue and Molson Canadian (and Labatt Canadian Ale, if you can find it (it comes in a green version of the Blue packaging)) are good everyday beers. They're far better than their American equivalents.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

The jumbo dog with ketchup, relish...

Large Icehouse

Fries

Large Icehouse

Pretzel

Large Icehouse

But thats only if i eat while IN the stadium. Generally I eat just before going in. For Falcon's games, its all tailgate food and several bottles of beer. For Thrashers, it is CNN Center Gorin's Enorma-beers, and some taco bell. For Braves, it is generally somehting trhough a drive-through on the way there.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

At Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills) - I usually don't order any food in the stadium. By the time I get into the stadium we've been in the parking lot eating and drinking for 4 hours (9am arrival for a 1pm kickoff). With the amount and types of food we cook in the parking lot before the game I'm never really hungry during the game. Of course some of the Beer Vendors who around my section know me well.. :P

At HSBC Arena (Buffalo Sabres) - This is different since we don't tailgate before the games, in fact since a lot of time we have to go straight from work we tend to eat a lot of "meals" at the arena. The best is probably the BBQ Pork or Chicken Sandwiches. But the Pizza is not bad either. and of course BEER, BEER, BEER, Bubba of BEER, BEER, BEER.... :D

HP Pavilion - Like ICS, I go for the souvenir cup, but I also get either Round Table Pizza or a sweet philly cheesesteak!

Candlestick - Oh my family and friends hate me for this, GARLIC FRIES! Oh they are so good! If its cold (like the 49ers offense will be this season) I got to go with Clam Chowder in a sourdough bowl

The ballpark at Willie Mays Plaza - The lines for garlic fries are too long, so I go with the 40 clove garlic chicken sandwich, which has the most tender chicken in a soft sourdough roll.

Most of the time at the Sharks games I go to this place near the tank called Peggy Sue's, a 50's diner with the best hamburgers in San Jose. For Giants games there is this little place less than a 1/2 block from the ballpark called The Java House. It's the shrimp and crab sandwich for me.

MMMMMMMMMM good! Gotta eat now, bye! :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'm not a Canuck (though sometimes I wanna be), but if it wasn't for my alliegance to my hometown brews (Genuine Draft and High Life... not Lite tho), I'd probably be drinkin' Labatt Blue.

I stumbled upon Blue when I was working at an All-Canada Show (one of those farces where they forget that there's major cities in Canada and imply that all Canadians do is hunt & fish), and it went down as smooth as anything I've had. Didn't taste too bad either.

But not that I can tell you from experience, I've been told to stay away from the Molson.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived