Wizards returning to R/W/B in 2011-12(?)

keynote

I appreciate the choice of navy over royal (the original blue used by the Bullets, if memory serves), but I'm disappointed that they didn't take the opportunity to go with a darker red/crimson. If/when the Wizards follow suit, they'll have identical color schemes to the Hawks - a team in their own division. Sure, the Sixers and Pistons have the red/royal blue combo, but they're not division "rivals" the way the Hawks are. Adopting a darker red would've provided at least some level of contrast.

Navy, Crimson and Gold (as is currently used). Their best bet to return to R/W/B and maintain some difference.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate the choice of navy over royal (the original blue used by the Bullets, if memory serves), but I'm disappointed that they didn't take the opportunity to go with a darker red/crimson. If/when the Wizards follow suit, they'll have identical color schemes to the Hawks - a team in their own division. Sure, the Sixers and Pistons have the red/royal blue combo, but they're not division "rivals" the way the Hawks are. Adopting a darker red would've provided at least some level of contrast.

Navy, Crimson and Gold (as is currently used). Their best bet to return to R/W/B and maintain some difference.

Like the Nuggets during the 90s? I always liked that look.

Mutombo_Sonics9394_1_200.jpg

But, I'm fairly certain that the Wizards will use red as the base color, not blue. Ted Leonsis really likes red.

Archived