NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best looking games this week...(with pictures of the top games this week!)

1. 49ers - Chiefs: This is as good as it gets in the NFL

49ers_Chiefs_Football.sff_71345_game.jpg

1-A. Titans - Giants: Great match up between classic and "modern." The Titans looked great today.

Titans_Giants_Football.sff_71169_game.jpg

2. Steelers - Bucs: See 1-A.

3. Cowboys - Texans: Imagine how good this looks if the Cowboys fix their color problems.

4. Redskins - Rams

Worst looking games this week...

1. Chargers - Seahawks: A few minor fixes and this match up could look great. Seattle just needs to wear white pants at home. San Diego just needs to go back to their previous look.

Chargers_Seahawks_Football.sff_71468_game.jpg

2. Falcons - Saints: New Orleans' black pants get them a rare appearance on the worst looking list.

3. Lions - Vikings: Another match up that could be easily fixed. Detroit needs to lose the "font for the sake of font" jersey numbers. Minnesota just needs to go the throwbacks full time.

4. Eagles - Jaguars: Not entirely awful on Philly's part but when combined with those Jaguars uniforms?

Other notes: Denver's end zones are the best in the league. Miami's "alternates" looked more like practice jerseys. Tomorrow night's game may move to the top of the best looking list. I'll reserve judgement until I see the Bears throwbacks in action.

BB52Big.jpg

1-A. Titans - Giants: Great match up between classic and "modern." The Titans looked great today.

3. Cowboys - Texans: Imagine how good this looks if the Cowboys fix their color problems.

4. Redskins - Rams

1. Chargers - Seahawks: A few minor fixes and this match up could look great. Seattle just needs to wear white pants at home. San Diego just needs to go back to their previous look.

2. Falcons - Saints: New Orleans' black pants get them a rare appearance on the worst looking list.

3. Lions - Vikings: Another match up that could be easily fixed. Detroit needs to lose the "font for the sake of font" jersey numbers. Minnesota just needs to go the throwbacks full time.

4. Eagles - Jaguars: Not entirely awful on Philly's part but when combined with those Jaguars uniforms?

Other notes: Denver's end zones are the best in the league. Miami's "alternates" looked more like practice jerseys. Tomorrow night's game may move to the top of the best looking list. I'll reserve judgement until I see the Bears throwbacks in action.

Are you kidding me about Seattle and San Diego being the worst? I personally believe they are the best. Seattle has the best home set in the league and San Diego's road uniform today is 2nd to the Houston Texans away kit with white on blue. Now as far as the 49ers and the Chiefs being the best looking: WRONG! The Niners uniforms are too old looking and the Chiefs are in for a massive upgrade.

spacer.png

Are you kidding me about Seattle and San Diego being the worst? I personally believe they are the best. Seattle has the best home set in the league and San Diego's road uniform today is 2nd to the Houston Texans away kit with white on blue. Now as far as the 49ers and the Chiefs being the best looking: WRONG! The Niners uniforms are too old looking and the Chiefs are in for a massive upgrade.

Yes. As a matter of fact, I was kidding. Kudos to you for deducing that. I really didn't think anyone would catch it. :rolleyes:

Also, your signature could stand to be just a bit bigger.

BB52Big.jpg

The Chargers' current set could be nice. Not as good as the last set, but still nice. As it is, it's a mess. The Seahawks? It's really amazing how nice they would look if they wore the uniform as intended. The 49ers need to tweak their logo (it just seems to clash with the uniforms), but other then that the new-old look's grown on me. The Chiefs? They're a tough one. A subtle update would work, but it would most likely involve black being incorporated into the jerseys and pants, and I don't see that ending well. As it is they don't look horrible by any stretch of the imagination, and the look is classic (with a Super Bowl), so no harm in keeping it.

The Chargers' current set could be nice. Not as good as the last set, but still nice. As it is, it's a mess. The Seahawks? It's really amazing how nice they would look if they wore the uniform as intended.

Exactly. A few fixes and the Chargers could look good again. Why is it that teams don't seem to know when to stop when they change their look? There is just too much unnecessary nonsense going on with San Diego. Was that thing designed by a committee or something? Because it looks like one giant compromise.

As for the Seahawks, they could be one of the best looking teams in the league if they simply ditched that all blue look.

BB52Big.jpg

4. Redskins - Rams

Wow...not even a hundred posts and you've already blown your credibility. :P

Just kidding. Obviously uni appreciation is subjective.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Chargers' current set could be nice. Not as good as the last set, but still nice. As it is, it's a mess. The Seahawks? It's really amazing how nice they would look if they wore the uniform as intended.

Exactly. A few fixes and the Chargers could look good again. Why is it that teams don't seem to know when to stop when they change their look? There is just too much unnecessary nonsense going on with San Diego. Was that thing designed by a committee or something? Because it looks like one giant compromise.

As for the Seahawks, they could be one of the best looking teams in the league if they simply ditched that all blue look.

The whole thing was an attempt to merge the navy and powder blue looks. I don't mind some of the new additions like the white helmets and the white inserts for the bolts on the navy jerseys.

The name under the collar is unnecessary for a team with a jersey covered in lightning bolts, and the numbers are unique for the sake of being unique. The wavy tribal tattoo look for the pants bolts is completely pointless. Fix those problems and the look would improve significantly. The powder blue, I think, is needed for the general design of the look to work. Which is why, even if they fixed the major problems, the look would still be inferior to the last set.

I don't care what anyone else says, I like the black pants with the white jerseys for the Saints. People argue that it eliminates gold from their color scheme, but this isn't true. The gold helmets (as opposed to black helmets like the Ravens and Jags) keep the presence of gold intact.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Browns wore the road uniform as intended yesterday. I'm pretty sure they wore the brown pants for all 8 road games last year, which means that this if the first time we've seen white on white in an official regular season game (they've worn this look in the preseason) for the browns since the 08 season. In 08, the Browns did wear the white on white look, but they always paired it with the Brown socks. I don't even want to look to see how long it's been since they've worn white on white on white in an actual regular season game. I bet it's been a while. Romeo Crennel and his guys didn't seem to like the striped socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bucs wore all white at home today against the Steelers, making them wear the black home jerseys.

The game may as well have been a home game for the Steelers...with the way they straight whupped up on my Bucs, that should end any kind of "competitive advantage" those knuckleheads down there think can be gained from wearing white at home to "stay cool". Seriously, my Bucs, I beseech you...quit with the white at home thing.

(Unrelated note, but I caught this while watching highlights of the game...just how the heck did LaGarrette Blount manage to sneak into that team's offensive backfield? :wacko: )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4. Redskins - Rams

The Chargers uniform is one of the best in the league.

I don't agree about the Titans vs Giants or 49ers vs Chiefs. The Titans road scheme is decent. The Giants home blue is boring. Chiefs uniforms is boring too. 49ers previous design look better than the current one.

I say this as someone who's both a Chargers fan and a fan of powder blue....

No, they don't.

Second this. As a lifelong Charger fan grew up with the team in the 70s and has seen a lot of uniform change, I'd say their current set is better than the previous set but not close to being the best. Get rid of the double outlines and mismatched lightning treatment and they'd be getting close. Here's a pic of the problems with the bolt... should always be shown on white background.

bolt.jpg

I don't agree about the Titans vs Giants or 49ers vs Chiefs. The Titans road scheme is decent. The Giants home blue is boring. Chiefs uniforms is boring too. 49ers previous design look better than the current one.

Right because this...

Jaguars_Chargers_Football.sff_70940_game.jpg

looks so much better than this...

p1_rivers.jpg

Let me guess, this is your dream uniform match up right?

Cardinals_Falcons_Football.sff_70689_game.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I say this as someone who's both a Chargers fan and a fan of powder blue....

No, they don't.

Second this. As a lifelong Charger fan grew up with the team in the 70s and has seen a lot of uniform change, I'd say their current set is better than the previous set but not close to being the best.

I liked the last set, actually. It had its flaws, but all in all it was a very well-rounded, solid look. I would support a return to it, no question.

Let me guess, this is your dream uniform match up right?

Cardinals_Falcons_Football.sff_70689_game.jpg

Inter-squad scrimmage? No? Could have fooled me.

So, do the Eagles wear white pants on the road often? I thought they always wore their green pants with their white jerseys, but yesterday they wore white/white. Is this new?

Likely due to the heat in Jacksonville. Since the redesign of '03, they wore white/white in the first few home games in '03, but hardly at all since. I don't remember well enough to say they never have, but it's been few and far between. They used to wear this look home and away in the preseason, but have abandoned that the past few years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived