Stolen Work

Davidson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that anyone here would know firsthand, but can I ask what motivates people to do this? Do they expect not do get caught, and even if they do, to be let off easy? Do they do it to get hired for freelance stuff? What happens when you're hired and can't do :censored: on your own? Do you find an existing logo for any request and trace it and pass it off on your own, and after doing that a few times for real clients in exchange for real money, still expect not to get caught and busted?

I seriously can't think of any benefits to doing something like this. I'm sure there are many people out there who haven't been caught, but it doesn't seem worth it for all the hassle.

When I think Miami, I think Mammoths.

This guy is as good as dead. He didn't steal any of my work, but I'm not opposed to physically harming him if I ever see him. Can't imagine how the victims feel. Dude's a joke, hopefully this is as far as it went, and he never got any jobs off of "his" portfolio or sold any of that work. Hopefully when I do run into him it's in a few years, and he's still working at Taco Bell. I cannot confirm that he works there now, I can only assume.

Not that anyone here would know firsthand, but can I ask what motivates people to do this? Do they expect not do get caught, and even if they do, to be let off easy? Do they do it to get hired for freelance stuff? What happens when you're hired and can't do :censored: on your own? Do you find an existing logo for any request and trace it and pass it off on your own, and after doing that a few times for real clients in exchange for real money, still expect not to get caught and busted?

I seriously can't think of any benefits to doing something like this. I'm sure there are many people out there who haven't been caught, but it doesn't seem worth it for all the hassle.

That's what I don't get either, honestly. The Internet is everywhere. I would think he knew about this place, considering some of the logos he jacked were prominently featured here for a while. I swear, people here find any similarities at all, shape, names, or color to be grounds for crying rip-off even when it isn't warranted. It's absolutely incredible how this douchenozzle could think he wouldn't be busted.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

looks like the matter has been resolved. this is the letter the sportsdrawn guy received:

This is Jeff's father, it's come to my attention of his "artwork". He has been given a very stern talk about stealing, and lying. He will be punish accordingly at home. He's taken down all profiles and art, He deeply regrets his decisions and will not be heard from again.

Mark

looks like the matter has been resolved. this is the letter the sportsdrawn guy received:

This is Jeff's father, it's come to my attention of his "artwork". He has been given a very stern talk about stealing, and lying. He will be punish accordingly at home. He's taken down all profiles and art, He deeply regrets his decisions and will not be heard from again.

Mark

A stern talking to about stealing and lying?

full_house_3.jpg

So Jeff is 12? Or does he just have a really concerned father?

Mark

Is it just me, or does this make "Jeff" sound very immature for his age. A 21-year-old should know better than this and not have to have "a talk" with his father.

phillies_rotation_signature.png

Mark

Is it just me, or does this make "Jeff" sound very immature for his age. A 21-year-old should know better than this and not have to have "a talk" with his father.

He will not be heard from again? Damn, is daddy going to kill him or something? :P

Picture%2019.png

and then there's this from my Arena Football team a few years back...

spartans2.png

Yep! Now it's personal!!! He did though add a drop shadow. Oh, and he changed the Magenta to Red.

Wait, isn't that at least 30% different? That means it's okay. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Mark

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived