Buffalo Bills

AHcreative

Hi, some of you may have seen this logo from my NFL concepts thread, but I wanted to create a separate thread to just get some comments on this logo. So here it is, I'd love to get some more feedback for this logo.

BuffaloBills.png

So if you think there's anything I could do to improve this logo, please let me know.

Hi, some of you may have seen this logo from my NFL concepts thread, but I wanted to create a separate thread to just get some comments on this logo. So here it is, I'd love to get some more feedback for this logo.

BuffaloBills.png

So if you think there's anything I could do to improve this logo, please let me know.

Liked what you did to the bison. Maybe you might send this to the Bills front office.

you know, I keep having an issue with the far front leg...it seems to be hanging funny...and I can't put my finger on how it should be. A little higher up perhaps? Idk. Maybe it's just me. It just seems...limp.

Going with that, is the eye. The Buffalo looks like he's meh, maybe because it's a cartoonish eye? Don't bison have really large pupils and you only see white if they're looking away from you? I'm thinking maybe just take a page out of the Sabres playbook (as the Bills often do) and put a red eye in.

Like I said, I can't put my finger on it, but there's something minor in this logo that's bothering me. Something is keeping me from loving it. You have something really great here, and after this thread dies out, you might want to go to the Bills with it.

I think you could eliminate the nickel shading (read: make it blue), but the Bills use nickel right now, so it depends on if you incorporated it because it is one of their colors, or if you could see them changing unis with the new logo.

I think its great. I would love to see some alt. or secondary logos as well... possibly with just the head and stripe.

The only thing I can say that MIGHT look awkward is the hooves. They seem to lack the level of detail that is used in the head. Sure its only hooves, but that's the only thing that seems off to me.

I really like the re-rendering (although the amputated joints are tripping me out now that everything's more stylized), but overall, it feels like you forced all of the team's colors in there, and I don't know if that works that well.

I really, really like this. This is an update I would love to see the Bills try out, I think it'd be a very welcome update. I think the only suggestion I have is to connect the limbs to the body, as for this update I think it is needed. Other than that, it's fantastic. Great work!

BuffaloBills.png

Liked what you did to the bison. Maybe you might send this to the Bills front office.

I think this is positively gorgeous. As for the "limp" legs, take a look at the current logo used since 1974...

ZBILLSWHITEBACKGROUND.png

The legs look like they are "hanging" here too...

ZBILLSREDBACKGROUND.png

but due to the red background, and the white outline surrounding the buffalo, it may not seem quite as noticeable. I think your rendition of the buffalo is superb! I'd love to see this incorporated with a white helmet. I never much cared for the Bills' helmets since they switched to the red ones.

i would eliminate the separation of the far side legs from the body. just make it where the blue outside stroke connects everything.

i would also eliminate the highlight on the horn. theres no shading anywhere else, just get rid of it.

i think the head may be just a bit too big. it looks like a baby buffalo rather than a big powerful brute.

Yeah the legs are what gave me the most trouble, and as hockey week said, the front leg was the one I really struggled with. Also, as wdm pointed out I was trying to mimic the legs of their current logo.

But I guess I'll work on the legs and try to join them to the body and re-work the horn as some of you have mentioned.

BrandN - I see what you mean when you say the larger head makes the bison's body look smaller, I'll work on that.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Hey thanks Rene, that's exactly what I was picturing and I actually was about to start working on the legs tonight. But I'll follow your direction, I want to draw it myself though because it would bug me taking full credit for a logo that someone helped me with. Thanks though, I'll definitely render the legs like you've done. I'll see what I can do with the eye and the horn tonight.

Alright, here's an update.

What I worked on:

-Obviously the legs

-I changed the horn shading to blue (I tried eliminating it completely, but it looked weird)

-Tried to improve the eye a bit

-The head is slightly smaller, like BrandN suggested. I'm not sure how much of a differece it made, I can always re-size it again

-I slightly altered the white border around the red stripe, the thickness is more consistant

Buffalo-1.png

Any other suggestions?

Alright, here's an update.

What I worked on:

-Obviously the legs

-I changed the horn shading to blue (I tried eliminating it completely, but it looked weird)

-Tried to improve the eye a bit

-The head is slightly smaller, like BrandN suggested. I'm not sure how much of a differece it made, I can always re-size it again

-I slightly altered the white border around the red stripe, the thickness is more consistant

Buffalo-1.png

Any other suggestions?

[editorial] I've never understood the purpose or appeal of the red streak coming off the horn. [/editorial]

I Googled 'charging buffalo' to find a pic of a real charging buffalo's legs and found this right here on the CCSLC site. It's an old Bills logo apparently and IMO the legs look better and more realistic than the 'hanging' legs.

6398.gif

That runner gives new meaning to holding the ball 'high and tight.' Looks like he's carrying an infant, not a ball. :D

This is a good start, the eye is still bugging me. Looks too cartoony, I think there was a suggestion up in the thread to just make it red with no pupil and I think that would be cool. I like what Bluesky suggested about the legs, I think more realistic positioning on the legs would make this concept a knockout, but I can understand if you are wanting to keep it more similar to their current logo.

Archived